Implemented One touch upload and install

I'd like to 3rd this feature. As I'm not 100% how to manually install either.

Documentation would be nice too. Took a moment on how to figure out how to install the arcade (was simply enough to hunt the xml file, but it was located within the upload folder).

A 100% automated install is not possible because not every .tar/.zip file contains all of the information needed to populate the various values. Best case scenario is an IPB v32 game with a config file that contains all of the vaues to be used, worst case scenario is a barebones archive file where nothing can be figured out except for the slug name.

A 100% automated install is not possible because not every .tar/.zip file contains all of the information needed to populate the various values. Best case scenario is an IPB v32 game with a config file that contains all of the vaues to be used, worst case scenario is a barebones archive file where nothing can be figured out except for the slug name.
It is possible.... Both vBulletin, IPB, phpBB, SMF, Burning Board, and even WordPress all have arcades which can install arcade games simply by uploading the file and clicking install.

It is possible.... Both vBulletin, IPB, phpBB, SMF, Burning Board, and even WordPress all have arcades which can install arcade games simply by uploading the file and clicking install.
You may recall I have a bit of experience with vBulletin arcades. ;) Re-read that quote, I said a "100%" automated install is not possible for the reasons I mentioned. An IPB v32 .tar file with a config file with all of the values filled in will come darn close though until if/when Mochi games are supported in which case all of their imports have all of the data needed.

You may recall I have a bit of experience with vBulletin arcades. ;) Re-read that quote, I said a "100%" automated install is not possible for the reasons I mentioned. An IPB v32 .tar file with a config file with all of the values filled in will come darn close though until if/when Mochi games are supported in which case all of their imports have all of the data needed.
v3Arcade (for vBulletin) could do it

So could ipbArcade (for IPB)

I'm sure XFArcade (for XenForo) could be made to do it

Yes, XFA can do it. ;) Yes, v3A can do it (the Mochi installations from the ACP was outstanding), but, again, for the reasons I've mentioned a truly 100% automated install would never really be possible unless admins are accepting missing data & incomplete settings as being "100%" automated.

Yes, XFA can do it. ;) Yes, v3A can do it (the Mochi installations from the ACP was outstanding), but, again, for the reasons I've mentioned a truly 100% automated install would never really be possible unless admins are accepting missing data & incomplete settings as being "100%" automated.
I don't think I understand your comment.

v3Arcade could do an automatic install without issue with 100% of all the needed data. So can ipbArcade. I'm sure XFArcade if properly coded could also compare.

I don't think I understand your comment.

v3Arcade could do an automatic install without issue with 100% of all the needed data. So can ipbArcade. I'm sure XFArcade if properly coded could also compare.
As I said, yes, v3A could do installs (come on, I used to own & worked on v3A for years, I am quite familiar with it) but I never considered it to be a "100%" automated install because if any data was missing the admin still had to intervene. As mentioned, an IPB game with a good config file would have all of the values needed but that is in a perfect world. Mochi games, on the other hand, are bit more standard in what comes in the game package.

As I said, yes, v3A could do installs (come on, I used to own & worked on v3A for years, I am quite familiar with it) but I never considered it to be a "100%" automated install because if any data was missing the admin still had to intervene. As mentioned, an IPB game with a good config file would have all of the values needed but that is in a perfect world. Mochi games, on the other hand, are bit more standard in what comes in the game package.
I still do not understand your comment.

To my knowledge all the games installed without issue (automatically) and worked without issue. No data was missing which prevented the functionality of the arcade or the games installed from playing and keeping actuate score.

Can you please be more clear on your "definition" of "100%"?

I still do not understand your comment.
Then by now nothing is going to change that.

To my knowledge all the games installed without issue (automatically) and worked without issue. No data was missing which prevented the functionality of the arcade or the games installed from playing and keeping actuate score.

Can you please be more clear on your "definition" of "100%"?
See my earlier posts above.

See my earlier posts above.
I have read it, but you've not explained what would be missing? I think you're looking to add data that isn't necessary or problems that are not there.... So I'd like your "definition" of 100%. If I can automatically install 1,000+ games using v3Arcade on vBulletin 4 without issue .... I'm sure there isn't any missing data

I have read it, but you've not explained what would be missing? I think you're looking to add data that isn't necessary or problems that are not there.... So I'd like your "definition" of 100%. If I can automatically install 1,000+ games using v3Arcade on vBulletin 4 without issue .... I'm sure there isn't any missing data
If you're happy with the quality of all of the data elements for all of those games installed then there is nothing to explain.

If you're happy with the quality of all of the data elements for all of those games installed then there is nothing to explain.
There is if you're claiming what is stopping you from releasing and developing XfArcade with an automatic install process is X, Y, or Z.

There is if you're claiming what is stopping you from releasing and developing XfArcade with an automatic install process is X, Y, or Z.

That summed it up.

That summed it up.
I would suggest someone lower their standard then and conform the current standards in which everyone else has freely accepted and applied.... ie... v3Arcade or ipbArcade.

If not, development for XfArcade I couldn't reasonably see moving forward with productivity.

Back