Online Stalkers

Azhria Lilu

Captain
Have you ever had an #internet #stalker? I have. For a number of years he's targetted every community I've ran, making posts about the site and its content, and claims about who I might or might not be.

I find it more amusing than disturbing, really. Am I the only one who's dealt with this?

Have you ever had an #internet #stalker? I have. For a number of years he's targetted every community I've ran, making posts about the site and its content, and claims about who I might or might not be.

I find it more amusing than disturbing, really. Am I the only one who's dealt with this?
How strange!

I've never known anyone to stalk me online or in real life. It seems like a real waste of time if I'm honest.

How strange!

I've never known anyone to stalk me online or in real life. It seems like a real waste of time if I'm honest.
Definitely a waste of time. I think he has occasions where he doesn't take his meds or something and becomes a bit obsessive :D

Yes and I still have a few of them... There are some storm chasers out there that have mental disabilities... I allow them to be overly friendly but I don't give out any personal information such as my physical address or my FB profile to them. I had one though when I was 18, he was bound and determine to ruin me online because I had a weather forum and he felt it threatened his weather forum. He tried to get me fired from work, threaten to kill me numerous times and so on.

I just ignored him :P and he finally went away. His forum is still going from what I can tell but it looks like he has laid off of bashing people and being stalker-like. Nowadays, I try to keep myself out of those situations but every now and then, especially in the weather niche, you will get a pissed off rival that wishes to make your life hell. Weather was always the ice breaker too haha... if two people are arguing on a forum, another says "So hows the weather?" to break the ice :P but the weather niche is they most craziest I have ever seen in my life!

Yes and I still have a few of them... There are some storm chasers out there that have mental disabilities... I allow them to be overly friendly but I don't give out any personal information such as my physical address or my FB profile to them. I had one though when I was 18, he was bound and determine to ruin me online because I had a weather forum and he felt it threatened his weather forum. He tried to get me fired from work, threaten to kill me numerous times and so on.
That's insane!

The ones I have now are just really into weather and want to constantly talk to it with me. I don't mind it though. But I keep my distance when I am not in the mood for it. I just dislike when they make all the groups on FB and then add more to it or admin me of them, had to adjust settings over that one.

I had one a few years back.. Wrote me e-mails which were basically frantic love letters. Proclaiming how I was her light and that if I didn't love her back she was going to commit suicide etc.. It started out on a forum but escalated to a point where she actually went to the town where I live. Needless to say I didn't leave the house that day...

Edit: If any of you know Swedish I can share some of the earlier ones ^_^

Last edited by a moderator:
I suppose there isn't much that one could do other than contact local authorities. I don't know what information they would need to deem a restraining order necessary.

Back