Only One

Another beautiful one parter Janet!!! Vaughn's speech reminded me of what he said in North Korea. Except in that, he was an idiot and married the cow. But anyway...

Thanks for the PM.

~Karen

Aww! That was excellent! I wish that was the way the writers would have done it on the show and threw Lauren in a different way than they did!

Excellent job! As always!

Megan

His hands were trembling. He was looking at his reflection, staring at it intently, wondering, musing about the man he had become. Was he really doing the right thing? Marrying a woman he didn’t love with all his heart and every inch, every part of his soul? There had only been one woman that fit that description. There could only be one, but she had long since gone without any hope of returning.
Oh no... I sense major tissue warning..... I'm already starting to tear up...

“I just wanted to see you,” she repeated. “And, um, tell you that I want you to be happy – I’m glad you’re happy… that you’ve moved on… yeah, that’s all,” she said. Again, silenced filled the room. She wished he’d speak but knew that he wouldn’t, so she turned to leave.

On her way back to her father’s car (which she had borrowed), she fought the tears. She had just made what was supposed to be the most amazing admission of her life, that she valued Vaughn’s happiness above him being with her and it was the honest truth... so why did it make her feel so awful? Why did it make her feel like dying?
That takes a lot of courage. To go up to the one you love on their wedding day and tell them that you're glad they are happy. :love: And I think that you wrote that scene beautifully. :smiley: .... but it's soo sad!!! :cry:

“In my life there has only been one person,” he began, his voice sounding slightly shaky. “There has only been one person I’ve loved with all my heart, only one person who was my very best friend, only one person who I thought was my soul mate, and only one person I wanted to spend forever with. That person is you, Sydney.”
:love: Aww... that's so sweet. And sad too. They're just perfect for each other!

Wow!! I have to say that has to be on the best one parters I've read. It was so sad and angst-filled, but in a good way. Thanks for sharing it with us!! :flowers:

As always Janet that was great ... you just had to make me cry today ... loved Vaughns little "In my life ... " speech ... wow Lauran was understand person and let him go ... thanks for the PM

I think that was one of the best one parters i have ever read.
I love it amazing
really thats all there is to say
E

Oh no... I sense major tissue warning..... I'm already starting to tear up...
That takes a lot of courage. To go up to the one you love on their wedding day and tell them that you're glad they are happy. :love: And I think that you wrote that scene beautifully. :smiley: .... but it's soo sad!!! :cry:
:love: Aww... that's so sweet. And sad too. They're just perfect for each other!
Wow!! I have to say that has to be on the best one parters I've read. It was so sad and angst-filled, but in a good way. Thanks for sharing it with us!! :flowers:

WOW that was great so sweet and awww
one of the best one parters i have read thanks for the pm

omg you guys are too much :blush:

:hug:
thanks everyone

Dear Sweet Janet,

That was *incredible*!! The raw emotion was evident throughout the entire story. I was easily able to put myself in the character's points of view.

Syd's bravery and strength in admitting to Michael that she valued his happiness above her own was so touching and poignent.

Thank you for sharing. *HUGS*

wow i loved it!!! you captured many emotions!! i love how vaughn was having doubt....then in came syd!!! and i loved how lauren realised how much he loved sydney!!! that was a fabulous one parter!!!

Back