operas

well im not an opera singer but i do sing some arias and am getting to a point where my voice teacher thinks i should sing more arias!!

my mom has seen alot of opers but when we go to ny this summer we are going to see La Boheme on Broadway! im soo excited!

I went to an Opera once...and it was pretty cool...I don't remember what it was called...it wasn't a very famous one and it was in another language hehe

I sing Opera...I don't like to admit it though lol

I played an Entr'acte from Carmen on my flute for some contest-type thing. The judge yelled at me to go see Carmen. Riight. 'Cause it's like it's playing at the theater and I can just go at any time. She was so mean to me. But I suppose one of these days, I will go see Carmen, since I'm so familier with the music. Also, Lohengrin I want to go see.

My voice teacher is making me sing opera at her stupid little woman's theater thing blech...I don't wanna do it :( I don't like my friends knowing I sing Opera...and some of their mom's are gonna be there...my gosh...I'm screwed :banghead:

why dont you want them to know you sing opera?!
you should be proud..its tough and fun!! just because...its classical doesnt mean anything!
go out there and do your thing and be proud of it!
GOOD LUCK!

Here's my theory concerning opera:
Opera=good
Concert(that you don't play in)= very boring.
The operas are cool cause they are kind of like musicals.

I love opera! One of my good friends is training to become and opera singer. I think it's so beautiful and enchanting to be able to sing so wonderfully and powerfully.

I love Operas. I haven't been to that many, but if you guys have the chance to see one, you should definitely go for Madama Butterfly, La Boheme, La Forza del Destino or Dre Fliegende Hollander. They are my favorite ones, and all of them are equally great.

Oooh! Just saw this thread.
I have never been to one but hope to go to them one day.
I saw "The Magic Flute" by Mozart on the CBC. It was great!
Some operas I hope to go to one day:

Magic Flute: Mozart
The Abduction from the Seraglio: Mozart
The Marriage of Figaro: Mozart (see the pattern, lol)
Erocia:Beethoven

So much more :smiley:

~~Spongy!

Back