Optimizing Computer

A

AliasALIAS

My dad played with some computer settings to make the computer work better, but it was unsuccessful. Now my computer's going sooooo slow, 5 times as slow as it was before (no exaggeration).

I don't know what the specific problem is, and my dad isn't sure either, but does anyone have a general idea of how to make the computer perform better/faster?

Get a new computer? :lol: ;) Just kidding...

I don't know but that happened to me. My computer actually crashed and my dad had to re-install everything but he installed everything with a different program... like I noticed the settings are different. And it's just gotten so much slower.

I'm just used to it now. :blink:

My dad ***finally*** bought a new laptop, but it won't arrive for another week.

Oh my freakin goodness!!! It took me over 5 minutes to gather some news from a few websites, and after copying and pasting everything, IE closes before I could post it!!!

Even after turning off pictures to make pages load faster, it takes up to a minute before the text shows up <_<

eta: It's been fixed!!! Yay!!!! Turns out my computer was running on only 32 mb RAM! My dad just added some memory, so now it's at 128 mb. Feels so good :D Even the mouse feels better!

lol i was just goin to guess that, more mem is usually the case, or tons of useless junk stored up. usually if that doesn't work, just ask the company ppl who made it, usually they have hotlines for it.

Back