Oral History help me!

sugababyboo

mrs. charlie
So, in my cold war class we have an oral history/interview due Monday. The person that I was going to interview bailed out on me, so, I am struggling to find someone to do this for me. So, any of between the ages of 34-45 please PM your answers or post them here if you want. You must have knowledge of the current events during the 80's and the answer have to be at least 3 to 5 sentences. And thank you so much to whoever does for me!

1. Who do you think resolved the Iran Hostage Crisis, Carter or Reagan?

2. What can you recall about the 1980 Olympics? Why was it so significant that the US beat the Russians?

3. Who did Reagan run against?

4. How do you think Reagan handle the AIDS Epidemic?

5. Recall one specfic US event between 1980 to 1984?

6. What was Reagan's attitude towards the Russians?

7. Recall one terrorist event from this time?

8. Do you believe Star Wars (Strategic Defense Initiative) would work?

9. Who do you think ended the cold war, Reagan or Gorbachev?

why cant you ask your parents or something??

i only know about the cold war tension cause of germany still being divided into 2 section and that berlin was also divided between east and west.

8. and why is question 8 there? I thought us currently spend millions of dollars on that subject. I think with all that money invested in it, i think it would work yea.

plus its oral doesnt that mean ya have to interview a person for like in real and not via a forum and pms?

3. okay reagan runned against jimmy carter. His popularity rose cause of the failed attempt of assinating him.

but hey i aint a 34 or 45...and us history aint my thing

9. Gorbatsjov...russia was cutting back on defensive expenses and he was also for a changing in the current way of politics. So there fore they agreed to sign a treaty to dispense nuclear weapons and such in 1987.

5. like i said the failed attempt on ronald reagan increased his popluarity among the american people.

2. In 1980 the russians send an army to afghanistan. The US condemmed the fact that the russian send an army to russia. So carter intention was to boycot the olympic games that took place in russia. And eventually the usa wasnt represented in the usa. Plus usa hoped with the boycot that the russians would retreat from afhganisan

for the rest my parents dont know....maybe someone else can help you further plus i aint 34-45 lol

just giving some info so ya know a bit about it

my source:
me and my parents lol

marco said:
why cant you ask your parents or something??

i only know about the cold war tension cause of germany still being divided into 2 section and that berlin was also divided between east and west.

8. and why is question 8 there? I thought us currently spend millions of dollars on that subject. I think with all that money invested in it, i think it would work yea.

plus its oral doesnt that mean ya have to interview a person for like in real and not via a forum and pms?

3. okay reagan runned against jimmy carter. His popularity rose cause of the failed attempt of assinating him.

but hey i aint a 34 or 45...and us history aint my thing

9. Gorbatsjov...russia was cutting back on defensive expenses and he was also for a changing in the current way of politics. So there fore they agreed to sign a treaty to dispense nuclear weapons and such in 1987.

5. like i said the failed attempt on ronald reagan increased his popluarity among the american people.

2. In 1980 the russians send an army to afghanistan. The US condemmed the fact that the russian send an army to russia. So carter intention was to boycot the olympic games that took place in russia. And eventually the usa wasnt represented in the usa. Plus usa hoped with the boycot that the russians would retreat from afhganisan

for the rest my parents dont know....maybe someone else can help you further plus i aint 34-45 lol

just giving some info so ya know a bit about it

my source:
me and my parents lol
My parents don't understand English really well and even though it's called an oral history, my teacher that it's fine if we just e-mail the questions to the person.

problems is i dont know all the answers and neither do my parents.

but why dont you search some people via the members list .....cause ya can see which b-day they gotto be. I dont think people that old dont post here alot.

Back