Order of the Phoenix

Nope, sorry. I've read all of the Harry Potter books, watched all of the movies and have them on dvd, and played all of the games.

Wow, just watched the trailer... is it just me or is it fairly different (at least from what they showed) from the book? It's been a while and I read a massive quantity so I could have just forgotten.

Wow, just watched the trailer... is it just me or is it fairly different (at least from what they showed) from the book? It's been a while and I read a massive quantity so I could have just forgotten.

From what I saw, it was pretty accurate. It has been a year or two since I last read Phoenix, so I'll probably need to reread (and gladly).

I was hugely disappointed with Goblet of Fire. It was the worst adaptation of all the books.

I think the problem is, with each book, the pages got longer and longer. It's impossible to include everything in the book. If they did, the movie would run six hours.

Goblet of Fire kinda ruined it for me in terms of the movies so I'm not that excited about Order of the Phoenix.

Course the final book is a different story...

Snape. Friend or Foe? :D2

I was hugely disappointed with Goblet of Fire. It was the worst adaptation of all the books.

I think the problem is, with each book, the pages got longer and longer. It's impossible to include everything in the book. If they did, the movie would run six hours.

Goblet of Fire kinda ruined it for me in terms of the movies so I'm not that excited about Order of the Phoenix.

Course the final book is a different story...

Snape. Friend or Foe? :D2

I've never read any of the books, and just recently, my wife decided she wanted to see the movies, so in the past week or so, I've watched up through the Goblet of Fire, and I've enjoyed them all (though GoF creeped out my wife), so suddenly, I find myself looking forward to seeing Order of the Phoenix come out. After all, it looks like they'll finally be doing what they should have been doing since book two (studying up so they can offer up some beatdown).

Still not sure if I'll pick up the books since I hate to sentence myself to so much reading (as I'm sure i"ll read them one after another) given how little free time I have, but I will admit to being at least partially converted.

Still not sure if I'll pick up the books since I hate to sentence myself to so much reading (as I'm sure i"ll read them one after another) given how little free time I have, but I will admit to being at least partially converted.

Despite their length, I found them to be very fast reads. I waited for quite a long time before picking up book one and then just went straight through them all at once.

I read up through Phoenix rather fast, and then reread them with my husband. We read them out loud to each other and that was amazingly fun! I think we made it through Half-blood Prince in one night/morning (right after release).

This was before our daughter was born. Haven't read them with her yet, as all she wants to do now is chew on her own books while reading them.

I can't wait for this.

Sure, Goblet couldn't have EVERYTHING that was in the 4th book... but it captured the book well I think, and kept it an entertaining movie.

The neat thing about the books is they just kept getting darker as Harry grew up... which is a lot like how real life works. The movies seem to be following suit.

*kicks heels* Order of the Phoenix is one of my favorite, Harry is such a little arse in the first half or so. She did an amazing job capturing a teenage boy, hehe. I really liked the last movie, looking forward to seeing the next.

I'm looking forward to the next movie and book.

Kinda glad it's all coming to an end, however. The Brits sure know how to bow out before they kill a concept dead. See: Fawlty Towers.

I have always been "meh" on Harry Potter, but I always get the chills when I hear the main little tune thing... But not for that reason alone, I will be seeing this movie. It seems to really tie up the story, which is great.

You know what the interesting thing is? How the main musical theme is the theme of his owl, rather than Harry himself. True story.

I remember being in the theater watching some other movie (well waiting on the movie), and heard the music start during the previews. It really does give chills.

I think it was for Goblin of Fire, or maybe even Prisoner of Azkaban. I think I nearly knocked my husband out of his seat, I started shaking his arm and bouncing in my seat (yes I'm a rather large dork).

Back