Season 5 Original Script Cut Short by 30 Minutes?

Taken from another Alias forum, the following is from an insider who was close to the crew:

The script that Lena had signed off on was not what we actually saw on screen. Scenes were taken out due to the fact that TPTB were originally planning on having the finale be at least 30 minutes longer. Due to time constraints put on them by ABC, that did not happen. The storyline needed to be changed to accomodate this. Unfortunately the character of Irina was the one who suffered.

Link

Yes, it seems to be true: remember when Sark and Sloane were entering the Rambaldi grave (when Sloane told that the following was for him only, or sth like that), there was a unrevealed chraracter in the background: it was deffanately Derevko.

I truely understand why they had to cut it, but it would have been grate to at leas hear about the original idea.

This insident will not effect my feelings towards this show. Alias is and was the best show. Unfortunately it wasn't given the support it really needed to survive. In my opinion this show would have lasted for years: in the first part of the 5th season they introduced us with the new characters. I truely hate the fact that Alias was once again scre**d. (n)

I went back and watched this. I mean it kinda looks like her..but it's not definite. Maybe it's just someone working for them. I mean I'm HOPING it's Lena. Shoot, I can't get enough of that girl!
But has anyone confirmed this? Or also noticed this?

Wait, who are we supposed to be looking at in the picture... Sloane? Cause thats who i see in the background...

In some time period the woman, who i said to be Irina, is behind Sloane. But in that picture Derevko's hair and some part of her head is shown (she is situated near the camera). I truely think that this is Irina.

I don't see how that is irina, but I wouldn't be surprised if she was there. It didn't make sense for spydaddy/spymommy not to have a scene together in the last episode. An if thats true I truly think that might of been the point where irina said frack rambaldi, there's no way irina would of just let sloane kill jack like that without having a reaction. I really wish they would release those last 30 minutes if they exist, throw the irina fans a bone or something.

I don't see how that is irina, but I wouldn't be surprised if she was there. It didn't make sense for spydaddy/spymommy not to have a scene together in the last episode. An if thats true I truly think that might of been the point where irina said frack rambaldi, there's no way irina would of just let sloane kill jack like that without having a reaction. I really wish they would release those last 30 minutes if they exist, throw the irina fans a bone or something.

As I undrestood, the so-called Irina' storyline was just written into the original script. Due to the limitations they had to rewrite the original script. Even though I have loved here character from the 2nd season to upwords, the finale of the 4th season showed us that Irina has always been with here own agenda (Before she leaves her family in Sovogda, we can see a placard behind her with the following words "Appetitno mõ šlušaem, mõ govorim", it is "Apollongly we speak we hear"). At the same time she has always been a human, a mother... i also think that she wouldn't let Sloane kill Jack. I think that she would have protected her husband with her body. It would have been a perfect death, at least in my opinion.
When we speak about Sloane, we could most probably say that he was crazy with his Rambaldi religion. Go back to the scene were Syd hit Irina with the red sphere. It fell on the ground before both Irina and Syd fell. Before Irina dies we can see the read sphere within his handreach. But how did it get there? For some time i thought that this was a mistake made by the makers. But now I think, that this sphere was truely only seen by Irina: only she was able to see her greatest desire. She had a chance to choose... but in the end her so-called Rambaldi-religion made her die.

When we speak about Sloane, we could most probably say that he was crazy with his Rambaldi religion. Go back to the scene were Syd hit Irina with the red sphere. It fell on the ground before both Irina and Syd fell. Before Irina dies we can see the read sphere within his handreach. But how did it get there? For some time i thought that this was a mistake made by the makers. But now I think, that this sphere was truely only seen by Irina: only she was able to see her greatest desire. She had a chance to choose... but in the end her so-called Rambaldi-religion made her die.
I have no clue how the sphere got on the ground. An you make an interesting point, was that really the sphere irina saw or just an illusion of her imagination. I will have to go back and watch that episode.

I think you maybe right, I just watched and when syd kicks irina over the glass rooftop the sphere is no where to be seen. An then when irina crashes through the roof you just see her lying dead on the floor with no horizion in sight. So I guess irina was just as nuts as arvin. I really hate the writers. I could of sworn I saw the sphere in irina hands when she was lying on the ground but I just watched it and didn't see it.

I just re-watched it and noticed that the hand irina grasped the sphere with is actually under her body, therefore thats why we didn't see the sphere because it was probably under her body. If thats the case, who's to say it didn't break??? But your theory makes very good sense.

What does "Apollongly we speak we hear." mean

"Appetisingly we speak, we hear"

Appetisingly we speak - we lie to the peple who we truely love (or who we clame to love), to deceive them, to keep our secret agenda in darkness. We say the words people want to hear: "/.../ You may not see me on your wedding day, but I'll see you. /.../"

We hear appetisingly - we want to believe that people have changed, that they have chosen us (Sloane and Nadia; Irina and Sydney). Even though we know that this person is most probably evel and deceitful, we want her to be someone who they are not (Jack and Irina)

"Appetisingly we speak, we hear"

Appetisingly we speak - we lie to the peple who we truely love (or who we clame to love), to deceive them, to keep our secret agenda in darkness. We say the words people want to hear: "/.../ You may not see me on your wedding day, but I'll see you. /.../"

We hear appetisingly - we want to believe that people have changed, that they have chosen us (Sloane and Nadia; Irina and Sydney). Even though we know that this person is most probably evel and deceitful, we want her to be someone who they are not (Jack and Irina)
I had a feeling that that sign behind irina when she was talking to syd mean't something or gave us a clue about what was to come, but it was in another language so I didn't think much of it. Had people known what the sign mean't maybe they would have accepted irina really being bad, that made her way too good in the season finale of season 4, I knew that was too good to be true.

Wow, as i remeber, tjhat was written in russian, and such *phrases* are used to be written at the dining places, etc. But, you can not count it as any evidence of anything. There are lots of mistakes in rus words (школьнМки instead of школьнИки), and so on. :smiley:
*Hello from Russia:smiley:*

Oh, by the way, does anyone have any info on what would be in those 30 mins more?

Ooh I see. Yeah. On like the first or second eppy of S4 Sarah Caplan said in the commentary "if you look at the russian sign at the end of this season..you'll see something." so i always wanted to know..so thanks for clearing that up.

@Maria: HI! It's lenatic90 from Lena OnLINe!

Back