Dismiss Notice
Alien Soup is a free community for fans of science-fiction, horror, & fantasy! Everybody is welcome here.

Out of Hand

Discussion in 'Open Chat' started by Azhria Lilu, Mar 19, 2003.

1. Azhria Lilu

Azhria Lilu Rocket Ranger

2. crazy spinster

crazy spinster Rocket Ranger

california. bay area or socal, depending.
    wow, that IS ridiculous! i made a joke about this like, last week; i can't believe some people are actually thinking about this seriously.

sheesh, people. let's just forget about the fact that the statue of liberty was the first thing many immigrants saw when they first entered america. oh, nevermind the fact that it represented hope and freedom to so many people. naah... :rolleyes:

some people are crazy...

3. quietgirl27012

quietgirl27012 Rocket Ranger

I think the way the french are against the war is great

4. aliaschick4mv

aliaschick4mv Rocket Ranger

Actually, I thought about this when this whole thing with France just came out. But, I figured that it represents freedom in America, so we should keep it if only just to spite them that something THEY MADE represented freedom. I'm going to leave now, considering this going to turn into a total anti-war, pro-french forum. Not for me.

5. aliasjgfanaticmv

aliasjgfanaticmv Rocket Ranger

OMG, this is just ridiculous!! And I don't know if it's weird for me to feel this way, but I kind of feel insulted! I'm a little bit French! Okay, if that sounds weird to you guys, just ignore that.

6. thampton20

thampton20 Rocket Ranger

I disagree! We need to keep our "Lady Freedom"

7. crazy spinster

this is a bit off-topic, but don't you think it's funny how justice and freedom/liberty are represented by females? :D

8. Sarah

Sarah Guest

U have got to be joking!! What kind of idiot would make a site like that!! You are so right Charlie that is getting out of hand!

9. VaughnFan13

VaughnFan13 Rocket Ranger

you're right...this is just crazy

10. verdantheart

verdantheart Guest

Oh, good grief. Am I going to have to change my name back to my maiden name?! I have a French last name because my husband is of French Canadian descent--his family has been on the continent since the first settlers entered Canada. I like my last name!
    (I'm mostly Irish American, but I have a tiny bit of Acadian in me . . .)
    :wacky:

11. Aliasgirl47

Aliasgirl47 Rocket Ranger

oh, yeah right like we're gonna do something stupid like that. "let's just give back our symbol of freedom and liberty" oh, yeah and while we're at it, let's give back the whole city of New Orleans b/c it's full of French influence. i mean come on! this is like the stupidest thing ever!

12. crazy spinster

or maybe we could just rename it new freedom. :rolleyes:

13. Aliasgirl47

Aliasgirl47 Rocket Ranger

maybe so! but if they got THAT out of hand my entire life would change b/c i live in louisiana. it's french. french, and more french here!

14. AliasHombre

AliasHombre Rocket Ranger

The French are only against the war becasue they do SOOOOOOOOooo much trade with Iraq. They are just being asses to America. How can you like that?

15. AliasALIAS

AliasALIAS Guest

My teacher said that France now supports the war.

16. AliasHombre

AliasHombre Rocket Ranger

I had said that they would start to "support the war" after its clear that it would be a success. The French are notorious for blowing ass in time of war. They are scared of faliure. Go tell you teacher that :D
    An American walks up to a Frenchman on the street and asks, "Do you speak German?", The Frenchman replies, "No", the American says. "You're welcome!"

17. Chanel

Chanel Rocket Ranger

i think that this is ridiculus!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

18. Azhria Lilu

Azhria Lilu Rocket Ranger

Who ever doubted that the US would win when it came to war?

The only reason is we would back out because of casualties and the public’s inability to accept them (that is not necessarily a bad thing). We may also loose the long-term war if Iraq decides to give a terrorist group a nuke because of the conflict (however, that is doubtful).

19. The Kate Vartan

The Kate Vartan Rocket Ranger

okay, sorry, but what the h--- was that? the statue of liberty was a diplomatic sign of friendship and peace given to the united states by france and anybody who seriously believes that, just because france doesn't support the war on iraq, is just in my opinion crazy! i'm a little french and i feel appaulled!

yes, strong reaction b/c of strongly (word?) weird subject.