Over There - Based on the war in Iraq!

ivand67

Sydney's Lover
FX's Over There (rated TV-MA for language, sex, and violence, so stay away, kiddies), is about a group of soldiers on the war in Iraq, their struggles, and the way their families deal with the difficulty of having their loved ones deal with their abscence. Episode 1 was on last week (Wednesdays at 10 PM).

I wasn't very impressed by the first episode, but it was still good.

As you might expect, a lot of people are pissed off about this show, and I'm sure some actual Iraq war veterans who have recently come back home don't like it either (though I would guess the majority of them actually like that they are being recognized this way). I think they're going to try to stay neutral and there won't be any messages for the left or the right, but we'll see.

Did anyone watch it?

i just watched the last fifteen minutes, and it was very rough to watch, but i think i'll try and watch it next week. even just watching that little bit of the show, i felt so badly. a lot of those soldiers over there are my age (i'm eighteen) and i can't even imagine trying to deal with the emotional and psychological effects of living in a war zone. not only are you living in constant danger and fear for your own life, but you have to deal with having taken others' lives. i can't imagine what it must be like to be a soldier in iraq. i don't really support the war, but this show helps me realize that the vast majority of the soldiers in iraq are good, brave men and women who need our support. they are putting themselves through physical, emotional, and psychological hell, and i think they deserve respect for that.

Back