Politics overdosing on pain medication

I was wondering, how much is too much...? Sometimes I take 10-15 tylonol, is this bad?
What does it do to you if you OD?
I know there is a few pain medications that can make you high if you take enough of them...

anyone know about this issue? :thinking:

uh, yeah, i'd say 10-15 tylenol is bad. you might want to cut back on that. and if you OD, call 911. they'll take you to the hospital, and if you've taken too much, they'll probably pump your stomach.

Sorry Maggie, 10 is a lot of Tylenol to be taking at once. On the back, I think you are supposed to take 2 every 4-6 hours as needed. I am not sure of the symptoms for ODing on an over the counter pain reliever like Tylenol... more or less if you take too many, you will need your stomach pumped. If you took way way too many, I suppose you probably could go into a coma, but I'm just speculating on that.

As far as other hard pain relievers (Vicodin, Darvocet, Coedine), its very likely to become addicted to these then suffer withdrawls. Only with these stronger painkillers, the likelihood of slipping into a coma is greater (one of the major side effects of these is that they make you drowsy)if you OD on them.

I once overdosed on Demerol :lol:

It happened March 2003, I had gotten my wisdome teeth removed and my oral surgeon perscribed for me to take a single dose of demeol every four hours.

Demerol is a very strong pain reliever that was once a street drug, and my body went into shock.

It happened after about 4 days of taking a dose every four hours, and because my immune system is allready bad combined with the fact that I was eating very little and lying in bed, I O.Ded and I went nuts!

I was throwing-up everything inside of me, I was severely dizzy to the point that I was almost blind, I had problems breathing and I was shaking and sweating.

Because I was too weak to be droven to the hospital, my parents called a doctor who than told my mom to give me sugar water or a power drink like Gatoraid to get my blood sugar balanced and stuff.....(I was really out of it so I can't really remember the purpose of it).
If the problem got worse I was to be taken to the Emergency immediatly.

Lukily, I had gotten most of the drugs out of my system through regurgitation (vomiting!) so the rest just wore off after awhile.

I also became dillusional and saw really strange things.........the walls were melting, things changed color and objects were talking to me (like the dresser :blink: )

Anyways, I will never EVER do drugs in my life....not a fun feeling at all.......when you think you're on your death bed (which, I've been way too many times).......not fun at all.

~~Spongy!

Oh man Spongy! When I had my wisdom teeth pulled, they prescribed me the same dosage that they gave to this 6' football player (I'm a petite 5'6). It made me so sick and out of it, I think my mom only had me take maybe two doses.

That's crazy that that happened to you!!

oh man spongy!! i'm so sorry! -_-

i never want to do drugs either. it's discusting how people do that...

the reason i took the tylonol is cuz i had a headache and i usually take like 5 of them because it works quicker even though the box says take only 2 ... and i thought it would make me feel even better, quicker so i could study for exams...

apparently not. :thinking:

Alias_Girl_624 said:
well i took 10 just now... i didn't think it's that bad, sorry!

i don't feel anything, but i've heard about OD-ing and i was wondering about it.
You will be feeling the pain of a liver transplant if you keep taking that much of any over the counter medication.

Take too much of that stuff will not get you high and won't kill you out right, but doing that even 3 times does so much damage to your liver that it could fail you even at your age.* Please for the love of all that it is good DO NOT KEEP DOING THIS!

*Not to be harsh but you have got to be young to think that this will get you high, and then actually follow through with it.

sycofancy said:
Alias_Girl_624 said:
well i took 10 just now... i didn't think it's that bad, sorry!

i don't feel anything, but i've heard about OD-ing and i was wondering about it.
You will be feeling the pain of a liver transplant if you keep taking that much of any over the counter medication.

Take too much of that stuff will not get you high and won't kill you out right, but doing that even 3 times does so much damage to your liver that it could fail you even at your age.* Please for the love of all that it is good DO NOT KEEP DOING THIS!

*Not to be harsh but you have got to be young to think that this will get you high, and then actually follow through with it.
Errm, that wasn't my point, to get high. that's not what i wanted. i have to do well on finals this week, so i can't even fatham getting high. nor do i ever want to fatham this. thank you for telling me about the liver damaged, i won't do this again.

i simply had a headache, and i know when i take about 5 tylonol it gets rid of it faster than the normal 2, so i thought taking 10 would allow me to study easier, heachache-free.

i'm not having blurred vision anymore, and i feel a lot better.

Back