P.S. I’m Still Not Over You

Title: P.S. I’m Still Not Over You
Summary: She never really got over him.
Chapters: One. Thats All.

His eyes were too dark.

His hair was too long.

His nose was too small.

His chin was too big.

Somehow, she always ended up comparing them to him. None of them looked like him, none of them talked like him, and none of them took her breath away like he did. He could make her smile when she was crying. He could find a silver lining in any situation. He could smile and make her knees go weak. He stole her heart and she didn’t want it back.

Twenty-Five year old Sydney Bristow had fallen in love before, but none of them compared to Michael Vaughn. When he came into her life the days seemed brighter, the nights calmer, and her world better.

But that was two years ago, and she hadn’t seen him since.

One day they had been cuddling on the couch, the next he was gone. He hadn’t even given any signs that he was unhappy, and she only found out the morning he left by a note on the counter.

Dear Sydney,
I’m sorry it has to be like this. I don’t think we’re working out. Goodbye.
~Michael​

She hadn’t known what to think about it. She had taken the first step and cried, hiding in their room for the rest of the day. Then she got angry and started questioning their relationship. Had he not loved her like he claimed? Did he take their relationship seriously? She went on cursing him and all men for a week until her friend convinced her to try and move on.

She went on a few bad dates, but never truly got over him.

One day as she was out on a walk she ran into an old friend of Michael’s: Eric Weiss.

“Hey Eric.” She waved, thinking she might get some closure if Eric knew why Michael left.

“Sydney, right?” Eric asked. “You went out with Mike, right?”

“Yeah.” Sydney confirmed, glad the topic of Michael had already been brought up. “Did he say anything to you about that?”

“Not so much, but I could tell the guy was head over heels for you.”

“Did he tell you anything about why he broke up with me?” Sydney asked, wondering how someone who loved her could randomly just leave.

“He asked me not to tell, sorry.” Eric answered sheepishly.

“Please, Eric, please?” Sydney begged, desperate for a reason, any reason.

“Well… his number got called up.”

“What?”

“Like for the military.”

“Oh.”

“Yeah, back when we both turned eighteen we had this stupid idea to enlist and now, with the war going on…” Sydney clasped a hand over her mouth.

“Oh my God.”

“I’m sorry, he was really mad about it too. He didn’t want to go, but he had no way out of it.” Eric explained, wrapping her in a comforting hug. “He thought it would be better for you to move on in case… you know. He just wanted you to be happy.”

“I want to talk to him.” Sydney resolved. She wanted to yell at him for being so selfish and tell him how much she missed him.

“They don’t have a phone, but you could write him a letter…” Eric advised.

“You have his address?” Sydney asked hopefully. “Can I have it?” She was putting fate in his hands. He wasn’t sure whether he should give her the address, in case something happened to Mike. He could tell how much their breakup hurt Sydney and he wasn’t sure she would get over his death. But if all went well, he knew this was the right girl for Mike.

He took a napkin from his pocket and found a pen, scribbling out the military address. He tentatively handed it to Sydney.

“Thank you so much Eric.” Sydney smiled, holding the napkin tightly.

The minute she got home she immediately looked for a pen and some paper. After thinking of what to write, she finally let the words flow.

Michael,
I know you’re probably not very happy that I found out about this, but you can blame Eric for that.
The first thing I wanna say is how could you? I don’t know what you were thinking and I might never understand, but I’m ashamed you didn’t think I could handle this. You should have told me instead of some stupid note.
Second: I wanna say be careful. Don’t go trying to be brave or courageous. Don’t do something stupid. (Well, stupider than not telling me.) You have to promise to come home in one piece, alright? That means no holes, Michael.
Thirdly: I wanna tell you how much I miss you. It’s been hell for me trying to move on. Francie keeps trying to set me up on blind dates but these guys are total idiots compared to you. I guess what I’m trying to say is that I still love you.
Please, please write me back.
~Sydney​

Wiping the tears from her eyes, Sydney folded up the letter and stuck it in an envelope. She wrote the address on the front and practically ran to the post office.

After that, Sydney waited around for three weeks to hear back from him. When she was finally convinced he didn’t want to talk to her, she found a letter in her mailbox from the U.S. Army camp stationed in Iraq. She sat on the couch with the letter, not sure if she should open it. She didn’t know if she could deal with the pain of him not feeling the same. At the same time, she knew she would never move on if she didn’t know for sure. She would always wonder what if.

Carefully breaking the seal on the envelope, Sydney sucked in a breath as she recognized Michael’s sloppy chicken scratch. Tears fell steadily down her cheeks as she read the letter.

Sydney,
I am so so sorry for putting you through this. If I could go back and change it I would. What I did was wrong and I won’t deny it.
It’s hard over here. There is so much uncertainty for the future and it scares me that I might die soon. What scares me more is that I might never see you again. I might never see your smile or kiss your lips. I might never get to hold you in my arms again and I don’t want that. I want to come home: in one piece, no holes.
I can’t wait to get off that plane and kiss you. I want to come home and make love to you. I’m not just saying that because it’s been awhile, I’m saying it because I know you’re the one. You’re the one I wanna spend the rest of my life with. I love you and I want you to be my wife. I never should have let you go the first time.
So, will you marry me?
~Michael​

{Fin}

Thanks For Reading!
~Sierra

awwww love the story, sorry i dont know how to review on your site otherwise i would have done it last night. anyway it rox!!!

form
bonnie (your evil partner in crime)

this was really cute and sweet and i am glad you ended it where you did b/c you'd probably continue it and have him get shot like 49 times and his last letter to sydney reaching her like a day after she learns he died.

but i like this ending the way it is. hopeful.

haha

thanks for the pm

Aww that was soo sweet!!!
-Vaughn should have just told her before he left and then they could've got married before hand!!
Loved it!! Thanks for the pm!!

Micheal is just silly...
I hate when people make decisions for other people without discussing with them first...
I'm just glad that Syd found out and was able to talk to Micheal.
Thanks for the pm.

Back