Not a Bug Pacman won't save score!

karll

Cadet
I've installed Pacman from here: Ibparcade - Informasi Game - Game Gratis Dan Game Arcade Terbaru

Unfortunately, the scores are not saved: When the game ends I instead get an error message: "You do not have permission to view this page or perform this action."

It's strange since I've successfully installed other games from there.

These are my settings:
Slug: pacman (also tried "Pacman" and "PACMAN")
System: IPB
Game .SWF file: ****/pacman.swf
Additional files: pacman.txt, v32game.txt

Trying this again just now on a different computer with a different browser (Firefox now as opposed to Chrome yesterday) and I got a different error when it was trying to save the score:
Server Error

Mysqli statement execute error : Data truncated for column 'score' at row 1
  1. Zend_Db_Statement_Mysqli->_execute() in Zend/Db/Statement.php at line 297
  2. Zend_Db_Statement->execute() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php at line 479
  3. Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->query() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php at line 574
  4. Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->insert() in Arcade/Model/Session.php at line 11
  5. Arcade_Model_Session->saveSession() in Arcade/ControllerPublic/ArcadeUgly.php at line 227
  6. Arcade_ControllerPublic_ArcadeUgly->actionIpbSaveScore() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 310
  7. XenForo_FrontController->dispatch() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 132
  8. XenForo_FrontController->run() in ****/forum/index.php at line 13
(The "****" was a path which included my server username etc, so decided to hide it just to be safe.)

Hm, I think I've seen this in one of the other bug reports....

Okay, saved fine for me. So I have to run through my list:

• XenPorta loaded?
  • Have you tried turning it off and back on again? Wait. Wrong program. Have you tried uninstalling the game and installing it again?
  • Have you loaded both of the .txt files from the /gamedata folder? I did not load the .php file or the index file anywhere. I have attached a screenshot of my final setup.
Normally I'd ask about the slug but in this case it's only "pacman".
Let me know how it goes!
View attachment 119

Attachments

• pacman.png
    pacman.png
    43.5 KB · Views: 97
Ah! I had left it with the wrong slug (one I tried in desperation last night), so I tried with just "pacman" again now. Also inactivated the game and re-activated it, and renamed it from "Pacman" to "Pac Man". And it works! Thanks for your help and advice!

Hm, the problem reappeared, but it turned out it was really a problem related to my flash plugin. Apparently, "Shockwave Flash version 10.1 r999. Gnash 0.8.10dev, the GNU SWF Player" is no good. I was using this in Chrome. Then I switched to "Shockwave Flash 11.2 r31" version 11.2.31.144 and it works!

Back