Horror Pandorum (2009)

Tom

An Old Friend
Title: Pandorum

Tagline: Don't fear the end of the world. Fear what happens next.

Genre: Action, Horror, Mystery, Science Fiction, Thriller

Director: Christian Alvart

Cast: Ben Foster, Dennis Quaid, Cam Gigandet, Antje Traue, Cung Le, Eddie Rouse, Norman Reedus, André Hennicke, Friederike Kempter, Niels-Bruno Schmidt, Luna Mohmand, Delphine Chuillot, Wotan Wilke Möhring, Julian Rappe, Domenico D'Ambrosio, Jon Foster, Jeff Burrell, Neelesha Barthel, Yangzom Brauen, Marco Albrecht, Dawid Szatarski, Nico Marquardt, Don Jeanes, David P. Johnson

Release: 2009-09-08

Runtime: 108

Plot: Two crew members wake up on an abandoned spacecraft with no idea who they are, how long they've been asleep, or what their mission is. The two soon discover they're actually not alone – and the reality of their situation is more horrifying than they could have imagined.
Pandorum (2009)

Two crewmen awaken from hyper-sleep aboard a spacecraft. None of their equipment is working, and their memories are incomplete. What was their mission? How much time has passed? Where are they? Who are they? As they try to piece things together, they discover they are not alone, and the ship's new inhabitants - tribal warriors carrying crudely made weapons - are moving among them, intent on killing all aboard.

As the space travelers unravel the frightening and deadly secrets the ship harbors, they realize the survival of mankind hinges on their actions. They must regain control of the ship before PANDORUM takes over.

Well, that was interesting. I had mistakenly assumed that was along the lines of Event Horizon and was a case of being another 'haunted ship' movie but I had misjudged it. It is really a 'What if...?' scenario of a generation ship with a turn of events that goes horribly wrong.

It is still a horror movie but one based in science & not the supernatural. There are a few plot issues that could be picked out but overall it wasn't bad.

I'd give it a personal 3/5 stars.

Back