Season 2 Parrallels to Truth Be Told

Tommy pointed out there seem to be a few parallels between this and the pilot episode.

The purple wig and the red wig.

Syd yelling at Jack to get in the car maybe reminicent of Jack telling Syd to get in the car?

So am I the only one who thinks the purple wig is a bit much? :thinking: :P

I don't think the purple wig will go as well as the red or the blue, unfortunetly. And the 'get in the car' thing seems a bit lame sense it mirrors the first ep dose it not? Just my opinon...

Alias 56 said:
And the 'get in the car' thing seems a bit lame sense it mirrors the first ep dose it not? Just my opinon...
Not at all. Alias is aware of its dramatic shape, something that can't be said for just about any other series you can name. I appreciate the fact that certain moments in Alias echo other moments (for example, Sydney running to Jack's arms after being disappointed by one parent, then to Vaughn's after being disappointed by the other). Personally, I don't consider that lame at all, but artistic. It's the way they handle the moment, and I expect them to handle this scene as ably as they've handled all the other ones I've noticed--masterfully. At the least, I'd expect it to be an amusing self-reference for those who've been watching, but I expect that it will contain more rewards than that. But that's my opinion.

NO, definatly not lame. Creative. Hate the purple, should've gone with...pink and black streaks, meh, i dunno. Anyway, I really think this episode will be great so, def not lame.

Hey, I think that it's cool. It's not lame, and the purple wig is cool too. Just as long as she doesn't wear it like everyday or something. PURPLE is a cool color. DON'T DISS THE PURPLE!!!! lol, j/k.

And go Syd! Saving her dadda!! He has to learn that she is a BIG girl and can handle herself AND rescue him.

i saw syd yelling at her dad to get in the car and i'm thinking...deja vu from season 1.... glad i'm not the only one. i didn't pick up the wig thing though. but it might not be a coincidence. she wears a lot of different colored wigs. like the blue one in the season finale. i don't think that is a coincidence.

I think with them showing Sydney coming to pick up her dad in the car means things have come full circle. I like the purple wig though, too.

They like to circle. They circled back on themselves at the conclusion of last season, first with the red wig when Will discovered her spy identity (next-to-last) and then with "the circumference" being the gizmo that she nabbed a prototype of (last). If you look, you can start to see tons of recurring themes and threads among episodes.

so cool... I noticed the "Dad, get in!" part too..very cool..it got me excited...

the purple wig is fun..we haven't seen purple yet..or orange..or green...

I can't wait for the ep. PEROID!!! :woot: :woot: :woot: I think that it's just gonna be great hands down. As for the purple wig I'm just not sure <_<, but scarier than the wig was those glasses!!! :eekhair: I mean come on could they get any bigger:geek: ?? But other than that I'm so counting the days till the getaway. I think that this ep. is going to kick as*!!! :boxing:

Krazed :ninja:

I, too, liked the "Dad, get in!" scene. Not only stylish, it also shows the maturing of Syd. It is often said that there comes a moment in every parent-child relationship when the child becomes the parent and the parent, the child. I think this is one of them.

This is going to be such an awesome episode! I am already spoiled beyond belief so Sunday cannot come too soon for me.

I just can't wait to see how they get around to going out to dinner... do they confess their feelings or do a Buffy ("I've got a thing, you've got a thing, we should maybe have a thing.")

I can't wait till the episode! Oh, and what's all this about "Kane sets a trap for Jack. Only Sydney gets caught." What's up with that?

~Me :angel2:

OOOOOOOOOOOO purple is the best color in the world! I love the wig. And the car part is good I think. Go Syd! I mean Jack even had a gun pointed at her head!

just can't wait to see how they get around to going out to dinner... do they confess their feelings or do a Buffy ("I've got a thing, you've got a thing, we should maybe have a thing.")

Haha good example Alias Elle WITH THE BUFFY THING.... I think that it might be Vaughn trying to figure out what Will ment and going up to Sydney about it maybe it just a thought.
The whole purple wig thing is cooool too.

No, the part where Sydney says "Dad, get in" isn't lame at all, I like it!! And I don't think the purple wig will be a popular as the red. But I was wondering when they were going to give her a purple one!! :D

Kit said:
I, too, liked the "Dad, get in!" scene. Not only stylish, it also shows the maturing of Syd. It is often said that there comes a moment in every parent-child relationship when the child becomes the parent and the parent, the child. I think this is one of them.
Funny you should mention this. I think you're right. In this case (and as I mentioned in my column), Jack has to realize that he is no longer strictly in parental relationship with Sydney--he can't simply protect her from everything. They are partners in this undercover operation and they must depend one upon the other in a mutual and equal relationship, in which each watches the other's back. So when one is in trouble, the other will take the role of protector. Jack needs to learn to accept assistance--he's been carrying the weight of his undercover role alone for a long time (20 years!), so I guess it's kind of hard for him to accept. I wonder if they'll have a parallel scene to the graveyard scene where Sydney tells him he's going to have to learn to accept her help (as he told her that they'd have to learn to trust each other).

That's exactly what I meant!!!! WOW. I didn't realize that if we love the same show we'd THINK the same....lol.

And Alias_56, i was speaking my opinion also when I was saying it wasn't lame. I didn't say you couldn't speak your opinion.....

Back