Part of Us

i thought Tara would have done something worse than that

she handled it really well, poor Vaughn and Syd, they were drunk they couldnt help it

update really soon

-luv Em 💘

Wow, I have to commend Tara on how she handled the situation! I probably would've broken every dish in the house, lol.
sorry I haven't been reviewing for the past few days, I got caught up with work, and friends and my scrapbook... :P But I got to read 3 chapters in a row! and they were all awsome!! :D
<3

Chapter 16

“So that’s over” Sydney whispered as she walked into Vaughn’s apartment.

“You okay?” Vaughn asked her.

“I just lost my best friend. I’m everything but okay” Sydney told him, “I just…there is so much that we need to talk about right now”

“Well sit down then” Vaughn gestured to the couch, “Might as well be comfortable”

“Uh huh” Sydney nodded, her hands protectively placing themselves on her flat stomach.

“Well…I guess” Vaughn looked around the room awkwardly, “Options”

“Yeah” Sydney nodded, “Options” she repeated the word, hating the way it sounded as it rolled off of her tongue.

“Well, obviously we could give it up for adoption” Vaughn stated.

“Yeah, or we could uhh…I could have an abortion” Sydney continued.

“Or we can keep the baby and raise it like it deserves” Vaughn looked at her, making it clear that this was the option he would prefer.

Sydney didn’t vocalize a response; with a smile she began nodding her head.

“So that’s that” Vaughn smiled slightly.

“Yeah” Sydney nodded, “That’s that”

“I thought it would be harder” Vaughn admitted.

“I did too” Sydney agreed, “I didn’t think you wanted to…” Sydney’s voice began to trail off.

“I didn’t…I mean…this wasn’t planned, no and in all honesty you were never my first choice in terms of the mother of my kids” Vaughn sighed, running a hand through his hair, “But this is my child, this is our child and I think that you and I are mature enough now to be able to work through all of this for them, despite all the felgercarb that’s happened between us”

“Thank you” Sydney whispered.

“Syd, really…this isn’t for me, it isn’t for you- it’s for our baby”

“I know” Sydney nodded, “But a lot of guys would just walk away and pretend it had never happened…honestly I thought you would be like that…but you weren’t kidding when you said that you’d changed” Sydney smiled, “And that means a lot to me”

“I know” Vaughn nodded, “And I swear to you I will be there every step of the way”

*~*

“I should drive you home” Vaughn stood up.

“I can take a cab” Sydney told him.

“Don’t be silly” Vaughn smiled, “We are going to have to get used to seeing each other on a more regular basis”

“I know” Sydney nodded, “But I can take a cab home tonight”

“Will you call me when you get there?” Vaughn looked at her seriously.

“If you want me to” Sydney nodded.

“I just don’t want you to get hurt, and I don’t want the baby to get hurt and the baby is partially my responsibility and the baby is inside you- so I guess that makes you partially my responsibility” Vaughn told her.

“You scare me” Sydney shook her head with a smile pursing her lips.

“Why is that?” Vaughn asked her.

“Because you know exactly what to say at the exact right moment”

*~*

“Hi Vaughn, it’s Syd, I guess your not home but I got here fine so I’ll call you in a couple of days. Have a good night. Bye” Sydney hung up the phone and took herself straight up to bed, hoping to sleep off the stressful day she had put herself through. In less than twenty four hours she had lost her best friend, but at the same time a man that she used to despise had turned out to be her greatest ally in the life she was preparing to enter, a life that was foreign to her.

*~*

“Um…dad I was thinking” Sydney looked at her father.

“Yes sweetheart?” Jack didn’t even glance up from the paper as he spoke to his daughter.

“Well” Sydney began, “I want to move out”

“Oh?” Jack set his paper down.

“Yeah, I mean I’m done school and stuff and I just think it would be best for me to live on my own” Sydney explained.

“Well, where would you go?” Jack asked her, taking a long sip of his coffee.

“Do you remember Michael Vaughn…from high school?” Sydney asked him.

“Yes, as I recall I was good friends with Bill and you and Michael loathed each other” Jack looked at her with his eyebrows slightly raised.

“Yeah, well…I want to move in with him” Sydney looked down at her bowl of cheerios.

“You want to move in…with Michael Vaughn?” Jack looked at Sydney, curiosity twinkling in his eyes.

“Well, we just…we became friends” Sydney shrugged, “I mean, mom always used to say that people were awfully good at changing”

“Are you and Mr. Vaughn dating?” Jack asked his daughter.

“No” Sydney shook her head.

“Well, I suppose that you are old enough to make your own decisions and as your father I want to support the decisions you make. So you have my full permission to move in with Michael Vaughn, if that was really what you were looking for” Jack told her.

“Thank you daddy” Sydney smiled at him.

YA they are working everything out and they don't hate each other anymore!!!!
-And Yes Syd is moving in with Vaughn... I think that is a very wise choice!!! (y)
LOVED IT!! Thanks for the pm!!!

That was great ... aww kinda sad ... glad they agree on what they want to do ... cant believe she didnt tell Jack about the baby tho ... thanks for the PM ... more soon please

Yeah she let out the part when, you know, she would say 'by the way we're having a baby together'. :thinking:

Great chapter. I'm glad she's moving in. :D

Did Michael ask her to move in? I think that he would love it if she moved in. That way they could be close. I can't beleive that Sydney didn't tell her father, but I guess it is better this way.

texasalias

Great update!
Something tells me Jack suspects somehting's going on with her and Vaughn, why the sudden change of heart? But I think for the baby moving in together would be the best. I just hope they won't kill each other in the meantime. Thanks for the PM and looking forward to the next chapter.

YYYEEEAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!*does happy dance* :D I'm still sad though, I mean she just lost her best friend, and that sucks! :( Keep up the great work!!
Lindsay :angelic:

Back