Partners

:claps: YAY! Great job again Angel! LOL Yeah, I know its confusing with the Elle/Dani stuff, but there's someone here named Alias Elle, and I didn't want to get confusing or anything... So, Dani. But whatever, I'll know you're talking to me if you forget :smiley:

Great chapter again Angel, thanks for the PM! I like this Kristine person... she seems like she caould be an interesting character. hehehe Danny... he's RETURNED!!

noooo...alice is his girlfriend? why? he better dump her fast and get with syd...and sydney better be less hostile towards him!

Thanks everyone for reading. And yes.....both Danny AND Alice are in the story..... :lol: :P because that's how Season One started......but let's see how it plays out....

Chapter 4

Sydney almost lets out a groan as they step into the restaurant. The restaurant is jam packed with people. Usually it is a reflection of how good the food is, but tonight to Sydney, a crowded restaurant only serves to remind her how much she really does not want to be around people.

“ Maybe we should go, it looks like we might have to wait all night to get a table,” she whispers in a pleading tone into Danny’s ears. He contemplates her suggestion, but as he looks around to examine the place, he knows it will do her good to stay. This place should brighten up anyone’s spirits. The atmosphere is elegant, but relaxed. It is crowded, but there is an excitement in the air. There is live music over by the corner and happy couples swaying to the music.

“ I think that we should wait a little longer. Look at this place . . .Francie was right.” It’s my kind of place he thinks to himself. It is Sydney’s type of place too. Or would have been if certain events didn’t happen. He keeps telling himself that she is simply going through a natural phase, and that the way she has been acting will pass. He misses the “old Sydney” so badly. She is still here he keeps telling himself; she just needs more time.

After a few more minutes of waiting impatiently on Sydney’s part, she opens her mouth to again protest the restaurant, but she is cut off by someone from behind.

“ Daniel? Daniel Hecht?” They both turn their heads to see a petite young blonde walking and smiling towards them. The woman is wearing an elegant black form-fitting dress. Obviously, she wants to impress someone tonight, Sydney thinks. Who is this? Sydney wonders to herself. She had never seen her before. A fearful dread comes over her as she contemplates if this woman could be a former girlfriend.

“ Oh my gosh . . .Alice . . .” Danny is quite surprised. He hasn’t seen Alice Thompson for almost four years. He wasn’t even sure if she was still in the LA area. His initial surprise quickly turns into a smile. “What are you doing here? How have you been?”

“ Hi. I’ve been great. Here for dinner. So how have you been?” Sydney clears her throat as to remind the two people next to her of her existence as well.

“ How terrible of me. Alice, this is Sydney Bristow, my fiancee. And Syd, this is Alice Thompson. We were good friends in medical school.” Danny steps back a little to let the two women greet each other after introductions.

“ Nice to meet you,” Alice is the first to speak as she holds out her hand.

“ You too,” Sydney says politely, but unsure how to take this Alice woman. Next to this woman, Sydney feels abnormally tall. As they shake hands, a couple brushes past brusquely almost knocking them both down.

“ Whoa! What a popular place huh?” Alice smiles.

“ Yes. We don’t even know if we should wait any longer or just go home,” Sydney says with a laugh but gives Danny a glare.

“I come here often enough to know that you should get reservations. But it is a wonderful place. You guys should definitely stay.”

“ See Syd? It is worth the wait.” He matches the look in her eyes.

“ I know. You two can join me at my table. We haven’t ordered yet.”

“ oh no . . .” Sydney and Danny both protest at the same time. “ We don’t want to intrude on your dinner.”

“ It’s fine really.”

“ But you are probably here with someone else,” Sydney says.

“ He wouldn’t mind. He was late anyway,” Alice gives a little chuckle. “ Besides, I would love to know what you have been doing for what . . .four years . . .” she turns to Danny as she finishes her sentence.

“ You’re sure?” Danny is on the verge of giving in. Sydney couldn’t believe it. Is he actually going to agree?

“ Yes. Come.” Alice turns to lead the way back to her table and awaiting dinner date.

Vaughn sits at the table by himself wondering why his date is taking so long to brush up in the restroom. She should be back by now, he thinks as he checks his watch. He has had a long week and was hoping that they would have a quick dinner and he could go home to sleep. He is going back to SD-6 tomorrow and he still doesn’t know what Sloane will do about his partner-less status. He quickly reprimands himself. “Don’t think about work now. Just relax and enjoy your time with the girlfriend who you haven’t seen for many months,” As he glances from the menu, he sees Alice walking back.

Being the polite gentleman he is, he naturally stands up to wait as she approaches. He then notices that there are two people following her. He is surprised to see her turn her head to talk to them. A tall man with sandy colored hair in a brown suit nods his head in response to something she says. Behind the man is a woman in a navy blue dress. As they come closer and closer, Vaughn’s eyes widen.

He couldn’t believe it. The woman in the navy dress is the one person that he least expected to see . . .ever again.

“ Michael. I want you to meet some people,” Alice says as she finally reaches the table. This is Daniel Hecht. A friend that I haven’t seen since medical school.”

“ Nice to meet you,” the two men say almost simultaneously as they shake hands.

“ And this is Daniel’s fiancee. Sydney Bristow.” Vaughn has a funny feeling at the mention of the word fiancee. It never even occurred to him that she might have been engaged or even married. He doesn’t remember seeing a ring on her finger that day at the office. But then again, she had her hands hidden under the table. He doesn’t know why he is so dumbfounded by this new realization. He is unsure of what to say.

Like him, Sydney is speechless as she realizes to whom she is being introduced. She doesn’t know why, but she can’t bring herself to lift her face up to meet his. She holds her breath awaiting to hear his polite greeting.

But instead of “nice to meet you,” she hears, “ We’ve met before.” Everyone stands there, surprised by his response. He knows she is the most surprised of them all.

i knew they would run into each other!! hehe this is gonna be hilarious to see!! great chap and cant wait to see what happens!!

I'm a newbie, not to ALIAS, but to the boards. I love your story, but I have a question. Actually 2.

1-Devlin said in the first chapter to Vaughn: We need ANOTHER double agent inside SD-6. But didn't you say that Sydney doesn't know about SD-6 and the CIA? So who's the first double?
2-I don't know what a PM is, but I want to be notified when you post new chapters because this is an awesome story. Could you clue this dummy in?

Thanks.

A PM's a private message, and i hvae no idea about the other double but it might be Jack since vaughnsaid he reconized the name!
:D
Great chapter can't wait for more!
~ASH~

Thanks again!!!! :D You're all too smart! of course they'll gonna run into each other.....

Chapter 5

No one speaks after Vaughn says, “ We’ve met before.” Sydney is usually a very fast thinker and knows what to do when she’s on missions playing other roles, but her brain is momentarily frozen.

Trying to ease the awkward tension, Alice turns to Vaughn in a sweet voice and asks “ You two have met before?”

“ What a small world,” Danny pipes in. But still no reaction from Sydney. Vaughn’s eyes remain fixed on Sydney’s slightly tilted downward head. She can sense his gaze willing (challenging) her to say something. However, they both stay still and silent; neither one willing to step down to ease the strain in the air. Alice and Danny have faces of bewilderment. They are clueless to what is going on between the two in front of them.

Finally Vaughn breaks the silence. He admits that he wanted to make her just a little bit uncomfortable to get back at her after the way she spoke to him the first time they met. But he soon realized that he was taking it too far. “ Yes. Ms.Bristow works at the bank that I was just hired at. We met casually, though never . . . properly introduced,” He emphasizes the word “properly” just to see her reaction.

“ Oh. I can’t believe I didn’t ask earlier. How is the new job going?” Alice asks. Sydney watches as Alice slips her arm possessively into Vaughn’s. Sydney suddenly realizes that they must be a couple. She wonders why she didn’t see it before. It’s not that she couldn’t see them as a couple; there is just something off. Maybe it’s because Alice is too short. At the mention of the “bank,” a second realization hits Sydney. He must go through the same thing with Alice as she does with Danny. In the back of her mind, she wonders if it is as difficult for him to lie about what he does as it is for her.

“ It’s fine. I haven’t really started working yet. I went in and met a few people,” he replies.

“ Are they nice there at the bank?”

“ Some people were very nice. Others . . .well . . .were not AS friendly . . .” he raises his eyebrow and quickly dismisses his words with a chuckle. Sydney could feel her cheeks warming up. She has been feeling badly for the way she acted that day and to be reminded only makes her more ashamed. Let it go, she tells herself.

“ Well, I think some people might have been used to working a certain way . . .” Sydney says in a soft voice. Vaughn is caught off guard by her timidity. She was so bold the last time; to see a gentle side almost brings a smile to his face. “ And they don’t know what to expect with a new person,” as she finishes her sentence, she finally lifts her head to look him in the eye.

“ Yeah. I wouldn’t take it personally,” Danny adds on.

“ Whoever it is, I’m sure they’ll come around,” Alice says reassuringly as she snuggles closer by Vaughn’s side. He, on the other hand, doesn’t notice because he is still intrigued by what Sydney will say next.

“ I hope so . . .” he says firmly while looking straight into her brown eyes. At the same instant, she notices how green his eyes are. Maybe it is the light in the restaurant, but it is a color she hasn’t seen before.

“ At least you know Syd. I’m sure she’ll help you around at the bank.” Danny follows Alice’s lead and smoothly puts his arm around Sydney’s waist. The awkwardness of the introductions has subsided; but a funny tension is still in the air.

The two couples then sit down to order their dinner. All during the dinner, there seemed to be an imaginary glass barrier cutting the table in half. On one side, there are two old friends reminiscing about all the hilarious memories of the past and laughing loudly every few minutes. On the other side, two people, still strangers, sit quietly and awkwardly staring at their food. A familiar song is being played by the band, and Alice startles everyone with her gasp.

“ Oh my gosh!” and as if on cue, Danny’s eyes brighten and shows his understanding. “ Do you guys want to?” he tilts his head to the dance floor.

“ Yes. I would love to,” Alice gives Vaughn raised pleading eyebrows.

“ Um . . .you know I can’t dance.” He says in a slightly embarrassed way.

“ Yes you can. You just won’t.”

“ Exactly. You don’t want me out there . . . trust me.”

“ Fine. You’re no fun. Sydney, do you mind if I take Daniel out there. Last I remember he was still a great dancer.” Sydney has to think this through. If she doesn’t agree, she would be subjected to more horrifying hospital stories that Alice and Danny had been sharing earlier. If she does agree, she would be left alone at the table with Mr.Vaughn, and she’s still a little unsure of what to say to him. Maybe they wouldn’t have to talk and she could just enjoy a little silent time.

“ Go ahead. Try to keep up with him,” Sydney says and smiles for the first time of the night. Vaughn couldn’t help but notice little indentations on the sides of her cheeks when she smiled. As Danny and Alice walk off to the dancing corner, they notice how quiet it is without them. Most of the meal is finish and neither is hungry anymore. There is nothing to do expect sit there. Sydney starts to get jittery. She keeps tracing the edge of the wine glass with her index finger. Vaughn quits staring at his plate and directs his gaze towards the dance floor. She examines him staring at her fiancee dancing with his girlfriend.

“ It’s difficult. Isn’t it?”

He quickly turns to head to show his surprise at her question. “ What is?”

“ Not being able to tell the truth.”

He lets out a sigh. “I see it as having two separate lives.”

“Do you wish you could tell her?” he looks at her and sees the sadness in her eyes. He wonders what brings on her question. Does she want to tell her fiancee about what she does? She can’t. She doesn’t know what Sloane would do. He has to keep reminding himself that she doesn’t know of SD-6’s true nature.

“ Sometimes. But other times I like that my life outside work is completely separated. It keeps me sane that way,” he lets out a bitter smirk.

“ I know what you mean.”

“ It’s nice to know that someone else does.” All of a sudden, she feels a sense of relief and her whole body relaxes.

“ Look. about last time we met . . .I’m sorry about the way I acted.” Sydney doesn’t like apologizing, but would never forgive herself if she didn’t.

“ No . . .it’s completely understandable. You don’t have to explain,” he gives her a reassuring nod.

“ Can we start over?” she asks shyly.

“ Yeah. I’d like that. Michael Vaughn.” He holds out his hand.

“ Sydney Bristow.” She lets her hand fall into his for a handshake, and her cold fingertips are quickly heated by his warm hand.

thanks for the PM again! I'm loving it! they made up! he he...

please write more soon, i love it, i love it, I LOVE IT

hope to see a PM soon *wink wink*

Back