Past Imperfect

Download promo
Watch Promo

PAST IMPERFECT

BY Maria Purt​

Summary: This happens in four years after Irina Derevko falls to her death in 5.17
Info: May have all the spoilers, esp. 517, 421 and 422. This is how I’d make Irina be good and alive.

Rating: R (Might be for violence :woot: )

Disclosure: Characters of Alias belong to JJ Abrams and ABC Television; all other characters depicted belong to the author.

Thanks to Bev aka lenafan for her help:smiley: (y)

“You can’t really think you’ll have the information, unless I’m willing to give it. Torturing will just make it worse, and then, I’ll be even less cooperative. You know who I am, don’t you? In that way, you know what to expect. I was trained to stand any kind of questioning, any kind of pain. I can easily make it without any water or food for quite a long time. And as for drugs, well, you surely can inject me with something, I’d be truthful, and still, not telling anything you want. So please, save your time and my pain. “

What is your name? I heard it the other officer calling you, I guess, Richard or… So, what is it? You know me and the only thing I know about you is that you want to hurt me to get Intel for CIA.

“I can tell you something you might be interested in. You wanted to know what I knew about Irina Derevko. That’s a piece of cake, because I know a great deal. Still, I want an agreement. Don’t be silent; it’s been 8 or 9 days since I’m here. Don’t you notice this is the first time I have spoken to you? I’m talking to you when I’m not in pain, Richard. That’s the only way.”

“No trading; you’re nothing here,” said the man in a military uniform, finally replying and turning to face the young blond girl who was seated in the chair, cuffed to the armrests. She was obviously smiling now, in spite of the interrogation she’d been through just one hour ago.

“I’m not trading, Richard. I’m offering, and there are two options here. You can accept my proposition, or you don’t. It depends on you.” The girl shook her head and looked up directly into the interrogator’s eyes. He came closer, carrying a little needle in his left hand.

“My name’s not Richard.” He smiled back taking the finger on her hand and pointing the needle right under the nail, but didn’t push it yet. They were both waiting.

“I can be mistaken as to your name. One of your assistants was beating me just the moment the other one called you. It was so noisy,” she smiled again, her eyes watching the needle he still held dangerously close to her finger. “You want to end our dialog?” She asked him taking a deep breath.

“You haven’t told me a thing yet.” His eyes were now dancing with anticipation.

“You haven’t removed this item either.”

“Okay, let’s try. You weren’t actually too far mistaken about the name. Richard is my vice, and they called him. I came in instead,” he paused, taking away the needle and getting a glass of water. “I’m Michael.”

The man brought the glass to her mouth she sipped it twice, and then turned away. “I thought I’d drink it all.”

Michael hesitated as if to give her the second chance to drink. “I don’t think you’ll have this opportunity again soon.”

“I’m a trained human, not a robot. And you know I haven’t had any drink longer so I’d not feel any unpleasantries. I might collapse if I drank too much.”

He knew she had her point. Here in CIA interrogation center, everyone knew of her capabilities, and they wanted to test if that was true. It definitely was. Michael watched every interrogation of her. She was beaten and injured. They stopped feeding her on her third day, and she had no water for five days. Whatever Irina Derevko meant to this girl, it was astonishing.

This was the first time the CIA managed to capture one of Irina’s op-team. In spite of Irina’s death, it still operated and they still were out of touch of any government organization. All the Intel CIA had for that group, called ‘Nameless’ was that they had no headquarters (or at least none were known) and even four years after their leader’s death they were as dangerous as Derevko had been.

Michael remembered Irina Derevko’s death. It appeared her daughter killed her accidentally, letting Irina fall down when glass ceiling covering the atrium below cracked under her weight. Then, Sydney Bristow retired, and so did her husband Vaughn. Five months later, CIA was fought by the unknown enemy and from then on, 50% of their missions failed. It was obvious someone one hunted CIA agents. It took a year before they knew who they were dealing with. There was Operative group of about thirty to fifty people, with no official motivation but money.

Some time later, the FBI learned that group was founded by the U.S. enemy, Irina Derevko, in the mid-nineties. None knew who ran it now. CIA asked Sydney Bristow to come back, and she refused. After her parents’ deaths, she never returned to the CIA.

Two weeks ago, when CIA tracked down one of the operatives of the ‘Nameless’,which was quite a surprise. It was a girl of 20-22 years, with no data available on her in their files.

TBC

Uhh, peop, i just realised it won't be R-rated... How can i move it???
Sydney Derevko Bristow, LOL, writing is not as easy for me now as art:( But sure, you'll have a PM, just in case:smiley:

Michael took a deep breath to get him back to present. He was still standing in front of the girl, and she was simply staring at him waiting for something.

"You look concerned," she stated. "Don't know what to ask first?" She smiled shaking her cuffed hands to feel more comfortable.

"Let's start with you telling me your name"

"What? Oh, you can call me Kamilla," she paused. "Can I have some water once again please?" He brought the glass to her mouth again, and again she just had a little.

"That doesn't sound like truth; you've an accent, Polish or German maybe. The first lie of yours in just the first minute."

"I said you could call me that. I never told you that it was mine. Okay-okay, Svetlana, or just Sveta is fine."

Michael made a note, turning to the camera, then spoke: "Sometime I'll need to know what you are, and now, yes, Irina Derevko. You mentioned you knew a lot about her. Let's begin with how you met her."

"You might be surprised, but she just came across and asked me if I wanted to earn a lot of money. I was 15 then. In our country, it isn't bad to have money, and you don't actually have to declare where you've got it from. I agreed, and, uhhh…" Svetlana shook her head slowly. "I never regretted it."

"May I ask you what job did she offer to you as a young girl?" Michael didn't look surprised but wondered.

"Oh, well, that was op-division. It didn't have any governmental support as far as I knew, and even though it wouldn't make any trouble, I wasn't a patriot of my country."

"What year was it that you first met Irina Derevko?" Michael asked in a low voice.

"1998 or so. Guess that was the same time as Russia had its default."

The man seemed to remember something. He crossed his arms on his chest, hiding his nervousness. "You've been interrogated for more than a week, and now you are willing to tell us whatever we want to know. That doesn't make sense."

Sveta didn't look surprised by his question, nor was she worried. She thought he'd ask that earlier, and yet, she had to make sure she picked the right words. She tried to remember the previous two weeks, and the whole 'before' those weeks. The CIA definitely didn't know anything about her and she smiled to herself remembering the real reason she was here.

That wasn't her mistake nor was it anyone else’s that the CIA had caught her. She actually planned it to happen, and obviously it all went well. She was second-in-command of the ITC as they used to call themselves, and she needed some things to be done personally. The matter of the debt, she thought to herself. She had to find Sydney Bristow who had disappeared four years ago right after her mother, Svettah's boss, Irina Derevko, was considered to be dead. Sydney retired and CIA had a way to hide those who used to work for them. That was the risk, but there was no other way to get to that woman and ITC needed her.

Sveta remained silent, thinking to herself of Irina Derevko.

That was horrible, she thought, seeing her boss lying on the floor, bloodied and nearly dead after falling from the top of the atrium. She actually saw her falling, unable to stop that. Then two of Svetlana's team removed Irina's body, having realized her heart was still beating. Sydney and Vaughn were on their way down when ITC made it impossible for them to check Irina’s status.

Placing explosives in the atrium they blew it up moments before the two arrived. No one would know that Irina survived the fall. In spite of broken bones, and a severe head injury, their boss was still alive. Later, however they found out the head injury had caused amnesia. It's been four years and still nothing changed. ITC kept her in their secret location; making sure nobody would ever see her in this condition. She was like a little girl, unable to remember who she was.

Svetlana hoped that her boss would recover in time, and that the organization they were running would have her support again. Nothing happened and nothing was different, and except for amnesia, Irina was now physically fine.

During those four years, the ITC tried everything to help her get her memory back, including all sorts of therapy, stress, and ,as the doctor said, it was possible some scary things from her past may have their 'deja vu' for her. Irina Derevko was tortured by the ITC. Still, nothing happened; she cried and screamed, not understanding why all these people were hurting her so cruelly.

Finally, Svetlana gave up; she secreted her ex-boss in the hidden location nobody knew about and moved on. Some more things had to be done, and there was too little time left.

Some time later, the ITC was attacked and 30% of its members killed. Svetlana knew that was a challenge, a new enemy was something she'd never expected. In eight months, 60% of the ITC were killed.

Then Irina Derevko was kidnapped. That was the first time Svetlana wished she had someone to help her.

TBC

So I assumed Michael is Michael Vaughn, yes ? And Irina is still alive but not remembering anything and then got kidnap. Huh this story is getting better every chapter. :woot:

Thanks for the PM.

So I assumed Michael is Michael Vaughn, yes ? And Irina is still alive but not remembering anything and then got kidnap. Huh this story is getting better every chapter. :woot:

Thanks for the PM.

Noooo, Michael is not Vaughn, read it again. He just remembered that Syd retired. and SO DID HER husband:smiley:

Back