Past Imperfect

Chapter 5

It had been several hours since Svetlana was lead to her cell by the guards. Her conversation with Gavin took almost all her strength, and she felt tired, very tired, the moment they pushed her inside. The young woman dropped her head onto the pillow realizing she actually had one for the first time since she'd been here.

"Thanks," she murmured comforting herself on the mattress. Her body hurt terribly, no matter how hard she'd tried to forget about it. Her stomach squeezed at the feeling of emptiness, making her suffer even more as she remembered the water she'd drunk. « Черт!» She touched the bruise on the left cheek and it immediately felt as though on fire.

They would not think to feed her, not until she'd reminded them to. It looked like the worst part was now behind, and Sveta could finally relax her mind, letting in all the pain she'd experienced at the CIA center. Her body jerked, as she took a deep breath.

She went over her plan again. She'd go to the CIA to give them disinformation, wouldn't she? She had to move now, to get in touch with her team to get the technical access. In this case, she'd better be trusted. Her mind laughed as Sveta remembered the interrogator's pleasure when they finally 'broke' her.

They captured her in the airport, as she was about to leave New York for Germany. Another laugh stuck in her throat as she remembered her feeling those moments, like 'it's about to happen now, or – stupid paper-rats - never'.

She was walking through the terminal when she suddenly felt something in her neck, something that hurt. The vision became shadowy and she felt dizzy. 'She needs space' strong hands caught her once she started slipping down onto the floor. ' Get medical, she's had heart attack' Sveta heard before she lost consciousness.

She awoke on the bunk, still dressed in her travel clothes, pink blouse and black skirt. Her hand bag was gone and so was her jewelry. She thought of what was about to happen once again. She might just tell them what she was to tell, and they'd want to know more. She'd answer, they'd want even more, and finally they'd find her limit of telling.

Svetlana felt her neck was on fire, and tried to lock the pain deep inside her mind. That helped. So, once they knew everything she'd wanted them to, the CIA would demand more information, and Sveta would refuse to give it. She'd not be trusted and they'd torture her in order to know it, if she didn't to give up any important intel, they would finally kill her.

"Stubbornness will save a cat. Once," She spoke quietly so no one could hear her. In time they would be grateful for any kind of information…

The sound of the door being opened drew her back to present. She slowly turned her head to face the one who entered to see an old man wearing white and carrying a black satchel.

"I can't continue," she began. "I need a break, let me rest."

The man approached her, touching her shoulder lightly. She remained silent as he did that, waiting for him to continue. He then placed his case on the floor, taking a long look Svetlana's pale face. She blinked.

"Turn onto your back," the man demanded. "I am here to take care of your wounds if there are any," he smiled, helping her to move.

"My stomach," she said. "It's about to collapse from hunger."

He examined her ribcage to find two ribs cracked. As he did, she cried out in pain, automatically trying to push him away with her arms.

"I've some food here for you" he chuckled. "You want to eat or have bandage first?"

"Be shot would be preferable" Sveta smiled faintly. "Ayeee!" She cried again as he touched the wound on her foot, pushing her black silk skirt up.

"You will be moved to regular CIA custody in 10 hours. Until then," the voice came from the doorway, where Gavin now stood. He watched the doctor wrap her foot with a huge piece of bandage, and continued. "You won’t be questioned anymore. I assume you will cooperate."

"Get up and remove your blouse, please," the doctor said as Gavin looked at both of them thoughtfully. "I need to bandage your ribs," the man in white explained. She slowly obeyed.

"Why am I being transferred?" She managed to ask between gasping for air as the doctor wrapped her ribcage

Gavin laughed. "Did you enjoy your time here?" She shook her head negatively. "Then, no need to tell you that if you're stubborn, you'll find yourself here again."

End of chapter 5

Don't be cruel Mary give us some more

I've no time for writing recently, veeery sorry about that:( Okay, well, might promise one more chapter till the end of the week:smiley: *I'm slow one, i warned ya*

I agree. We want to know what's happening? Good job though.

Uh, Bev:smiley: You'll know it first, lol.

Thanks for the PM, but more please.

You're welcome:smiley: You can take a looooong walk until i update:smiley: Hah:smiley:

uhfv.jpg

Chapter 6

Irina woke up, yawning and blinking at the bright light of her window. She had slept badly, she knew. She slowly got up and, after making her bed, left the bedroom to the hall. Irina went down the stairs and approached the kitchen door when she suddenly heard someone speaking. Suppressing her excitement, she listened, careful not to let them know she was there. They spoke about some deal or trade, and she thought the male voice wasn't pleased.

"We can't continue like this. We've attacked four substations, and still have nothing," he said.

The female voice replied, "We'll attack four more, if needed."

Irina finally recognized the female voice. It was Cathy. Sighing deeply, she opened the door and entered saying "Good morning" to Cathy and feigning surprise when she noticed the man at the table.

"You okay?" Cathy asked. "You look pale, Irina."

"I didn't sleep well," she smiled. "I think… I mean… what if I could not find the place where they… where they held me?"

Cathy now turned to face the older woman. "What do you mean?"

"I want them taken down. The...the ITC, or whatever they're called now. But I am not sure I can."

Cathy silently looked at the man; then smiled victoriously and seated Irina at the table.

"It's okay. We'll use every resource we can. Do you remember how it looked?" Catherine placed a plate with sandwiches in front of Irina.

"How what looked?" Irina asked.

"Their headquarters," Cathy explained.

Irina shook her head; then froze remembering. "Might it be in Germany?" Irina took a cup of coffee and sipped it twice.

"We extracted you from Italy. Why do you think it was in Germany?" Cathy smiled.

"In that place, I think they spoke German to each other. And … Ost-rin-ghen was mentioned, I guess." She looked up to see that the man had left the table.

"Call me once you have it," he said before closing the door. He was now calm and, maybe even satisfied. The man rushed out of the house, slamming the front door shut. "Bitch" he whispered to himself once he was out of the house where no one could hear him.

He took his telephone out of his pocket, and after a little search, called the number. "Frederick? Yes, it is me. .. Just had. Yes, she thinks we can afford it all. I know. Yes. Sure, no problems. What? Uh, just sell it all. I'm sure it's about to collapse and I don't want to lose that much money… Yours? No...listen, I don't… I don't know; just sell those stupid papers out…" He approached his car and inserted the key to start the engine, and firing a cigarette at the same time. "Sell. Them. Out. Now."

The man slammed the car door shut, dropped the burning cigarette out of the window and slowly moved his car toward the gates.

"Back to the CIA, are you sure they'll cause no problems? Okay then...your turn. Bye." He tossed the phone onto the seat next to him, accelerating until he was through the gates.

Cathy silently watched him leave and then looked back at Irina. The older woman now was eating her breakfast hungrily, and Cathy spoke to her again.

"I assume you do know that you have a daughter, don't you?"

"I know, but I don't remember her," Irina said quietly, still eating. Cathy sighed, taking one more cup of coffee. "Her name was… S…Sydney, I think. No?"

"Yeah, sure, it was. I just got word that they kidnapped her daughter tonight, about six hours ago. We don't know what they want, but we're almost positive she's still alive."

Irina didn't look too worried, just a little concerned which made a tense silence permeate the room for some time. A moment later, she jumped off the chair like it was on fire, letting the plate and the cup crash to the floor, and sliding off the chair to the floor.

"What's wrong, Irina?" Catherine came closer, nearly sitting next to the older woman on the floor.

"You said she was kidnapped. I don't know, but I…" she paused; then shook her head in disbelief. "I am afraid I had a vision."

"A déjà vu, you mean? Here, drink some water."

“I'm not thirsty. I'm all right, thank you.”

"Okay, then, get up and tell me what you saw." Cathy insisted.

"I don't remember," Irina answered getting up and watching the other woman .

Chapter 7

After some time, Sydney finally was ready act. She was still at the CIA and so far not wishing to do anything other than finding her family. She had to. She knew Dixon would do everything possible, and in some way, she truly hoped that'd be enough. However, in her heart she knew it wouldn’t. She told him everything that happened, detailing every move of hers.

"They said something about… I don't know, the delivery, or the deliverer, handler maybe…" she didn’t sound convinced.

In half an hour, they had Marshall working on the space recordings of the area around Sydney's house. Whoever those people were, they ought to be visible. And then, they knew it was all wrong, because after watching three times, they understood someone managed to fake the transmission.

"I thought it was impossible," said Sydney.

"I thought so too." Marshall squeezed his shoulders.

"Block all the systems, we might have a mole," Dixon interrupted. Taking out his cell phone, he called about safety measures and personal warnings to the agents who were still out in the field. Whoever hacked into the system probably knew every operation the agency was involved in now.

"If they found me." Syd spoke blinking, "it means they can find any other agents."

Two more agents stormed into the room while Dixon was still looking at the screen. He checked the personnel records and was now verifying retirement data, which would take some time.

"Uh, sir…" one of the agents began. Seeing Dixon turned to face him, he continued. "We believe that's the same group that attacked us before. The Nameless, I mean." He stopped. "Our system has been compromised. Twice." Nervous laughter flew rippled through the room.

"I've shut the window," Marshall said. "Our van with a prisoner we've been waiting for has arrived. Should we refuse entry regarding the safety and blocks?"

"What prisoner?" Syd wondered as Dixon told them to let the van in. If it was Nameless who they would have to deal with in order to get Bristow's family back, Dixon had better have their agent locked up.

Fifteen minutes later, a young girl was put into the cell with a one glass-wall. She interestedly looked at her new surroundings sitting on the bunk, not sure if she'd have a chance to make a first contact. Her body ached, and would for a long time. Two minutes passed before three agents faced her through the glass: two men and one woman whom she recognized to be Irina's daughter, Sydney.

"Hi," the prisoner smiled at the guests. "I'm afraid I haven't unpacked my stuff yet, I just moved in." She tried to get up, but sat back immediately as she felt a sharp pain. She wished she knew what brought Sydney back to the CIA. The girl continued staring at the agents. She'd thought it would be a problem to find the woman, and instead, Sydney came to her. That might also mean something happened.

"We believe you can tell us something," Dixon began.

"And you are…" Svetlana left it unsaid meaning a question.

"I'm Director Dixon, and these are agents Bristow and Tarrens. “You've been brought here to give us information, which we need right away."

"But its night, I'm tired."

"You are an agent of the," Sydney paused to pick up the needed word "the group that kidnapped my family. If you truly believe I'll wait until the morning to question you, you're wrong."

Svetlana froze. Not that she'd be sorry for the CIA's agent's family, but the plan was totally different. If the ITC changed it in just two weeks, then, what happened? She kept silent as long as she could, and then spoke slowly. "What makes you think that it was ours?" Her accent nearly vanished, and then, came back. "Und was… even if so, how I can help?"

"How did they get into our system?"

"Entshuldigun. Speak again." Svetlana said.

"Your organization hacked our system. How?"

"Uhhh. Ich weise nicht. Nothing," she repeated. She really didn't know. If they had had any chance to get Bristow by breaking into the CIA's system, would she be risking her life now? Sveta couldn't be sure that wasn't some part of a game they played to trick her, but in some way she suspected that the ITC's enemy came too close now. Looking attentively at Sydney, she tried to think the possible ways: would it somehow be connected to Irina's kidnapping? "Und I nicht think it was us."

"How so?" Dixon leaned into the glass.

"You know ITC is Irina Derevko organization. Da? Why would we put her daughter in danger?"

"ITC? What's that? Is that how you call yourself?" Tarrens spoke, and Svetlana nodded.
"If not you, then, who?" He asked.

"I don't know. We were attacked too." She lowered her head and looked at her feet. So, someone managed to break into the system, and identify their secret agents. Wow, that's so embarrassing that the ITC couldn't do the same!

"Uh, sir!" Marshal's voice echoed in the cellblock. "You'd better come see this."

End of chapter 7

Happy New Year to everyone !

Mary, I loved your artwork. :smiley:

So Vaughn and Isabel are kidnapped by Cathy's group not by ITC's member? :thinking:

Update soon please?

Nicewoman wrote:
I can second that motion. You ought to put links to some of your vids.
:cool:

:smiley: Thanks, Bev:smiley: As to the links, i actually thought everyone knew the link:
http://www.youtube.com/MariaPurt

And as to the art... Well, i am glad you liked it, LOL. :Ph34r:

So Vaughn and Isabel are kidnapped by Cathy's group not by ITC's member?

Update soon please?

nicewoman, who said that??? :D And yeah, you'll have the update soonner than you think:smiley: Just because i'm drunk and all-in-celebration:smiley: LOL :thinking: :rolleyes:

Sydney Derevko Bristow, i've warned you nothing happens fast with me, huh. :Ph34r: :Ph34r: :Ph34r: :Ph34r: :Ph34r:

Chapter 8

Michael found himself in darkness. Once he regained consciousness, he tried to look around and failed. It was a total blackness, with no light. He remembered the attack, worrying about his wife. Did Sydney survive? And if so, then, is she here? "Syd?" he spoke.

There was a bitter silence instead of an answer. Suddenly he heard someone approaching – someone's footsteps nearby. The door, which he hadn't noticed, opened to his left. The light blinded him for a brief moment. A figure came in, accompanied by two more just behind.
The lights in the room went on, and Michael blinked trying to save his eyes. The men stood near the door, staring. He stared back, shock overwhelming his mind. The man standing over him was …Arvin Sloan! "You?" was all he managed to say.

"Mr. Vaughn? It's been a long time." Arvin smiled broadly. "How've you been?" He crossed his arms on his chest.

"Where are my children?"

"All in good time, Mr. Vaughn." Sloane spoke again, coming even closer. He knew exactly that his guest was chained to the floor and wouldn't cause any trouble. "Let's make it clear…"

Now Michael noticed that Sloan's manner of walking changed: he had some problems stepping on his right foot about which the hostage commented: "You were supposed to be immortal," he said nodding towards Arvin's hurt leg. "Nothing works for an eternity does it?"

"You still have that talent of bringing joy, Mr. Vaughn. I'm really happy for you." Arvin paused. "You know," he spoke in a matter of fact voice. "It's pretty useful to spend some years in a total solitude. That creates time to think a lot. Analyzing my life, I came to the conclusion that I actually misunderstood Rambaldi's prophecy," he said quietly. "Lying there, all alone, with an unbearable pain all over my body and no one to even hope for…"

"Don't go poetic, Sloan" Michael interrupted. "Where's my family?"

Sloane shook his head looking around the room as if remembering something.. "They are all okay, can ensure you. And most probably Sydney now is bringing the CIA into my lovingly made trap." He laughed.

Vaughn's face tensed, his eyes staring at Arvin; his mind waiting for the explanations he knew he'd most probably not get.

"I am to tell you a little story, Mr. Vaughn."

"Uhm, what, Rambaldi was a genius?" He smirked.

"That's yes. But first…" Sloan placed his hand in his pocket; then took out the gun and aimed it to the hostage. "…You'll know what it means." He fired at Vaughn's chest three times, bringing the younger man down to the floor with the blood running out of him.

End of chapter 8

Back