Patchwork

A/N: I know you're going to hate me after this update, but oh well... :whistle: :lol:

Part 13

Right after breakfast, Laura and I head for the shower, needing to refresh ourselves after such a long time and then, once fully dressed, we are ready for the first day to start. The boys are in school which gives us about five hours of free-time before they need to be picked up again.

Both of us are still pretty much jetlagged and we truthfully don’t feel like it were 10 o’clock in the morning, I gather that this day will be just rather short. We settle to visit the neighbourhood Sydney lives in to Laura. The moment we pass by a playground Laura can’t sit still and keeps requesting for us to make a stop. I have to promise her we will go right after showing her the big mall.

She agrees though with a little lip pulled at which Sydney has to smile. I love to have a glance into the rear mirror where I am able to see Laura and Susan at once. They are little by little getting used to each other; Susan faster than Laura. Susan is too young to understand the situation Laura is in; being in a country where everybody speaks another language than her; her dad too. Whenever we travel to Italy we both don’t speak the language. I understand several words but mainly I would talk either in French or English. So it feels good to see them get along eventually.

The mall is the greatest experience for my daughter so far. She is completely amazed by the size of it and her eyes are wandering all around the place. She doesn’t know where to look and where to go first, but I’m relieved to feel her little hand in mine. Susan is neatly trapped in the stroller that Sydney is pushing in front of her.

“Papa, regarde là!” (Daddy look there) Laura pulls on my arm lightly, pointing towards a shop farther away. I have to train my eyes through the mass of people but then I realise what she is aiming at; the Build-a-Bear© shop. “On va là?” (Can we go there?)

“Where does she want to go?” Sydney asks curiously, probably understanding bits and pieces of our conversation.

“Guess” I reply, rolling my eyes.

With a smile and a nod of her head she declares “Then let’s go”

I grumble knowing fairly well that I won’t be able to resist any of my daughter’s requests the moment we step inside. She loves the bear I brought back half a year ago. He is always resting in the upper corner of Laura’s bed, watching after her. For the trip to the United States we though had to leave it at home. It wasn’t very easy to persuade her but I managed. Her doudou is all she truly needs to sleep well.

“How do you say underwear in French?” Sydney asks pulling me out of my daydream. I look down at Susan holding up a bear that isn’t stuffed yet. I take it from her with a smile and drop the flat bunny back into the carton.

“Sous-vêtement” I reply bluntly, wondering what she is up to. She repeats the word once and I nod my head. I watch her walk off to Laura who is gazing at each and every item in the store.

“Laura” Sydney calls out. She looks up at Sydney, “C’est sous-vêtement pour teddy” she explains with a heavy accent, holding up a pair of very tiny boxer shorts in front of Laura’s nose. Laura understands her words and starts giggling. The worst is when Sydney dresses the underwear to a teddy and shows it to Laura with an extra hole in the article for the teddy’s tail, which only makes her giggle more.

“I think we should get one of those!” Sydney laughs finding it very amusing. It’s the first time also both have had some sort of real connection and conversation. It warms up my heart to see the pair getting to know each other. That’s something I wanted to have and to see for such a long while.

Of course we are leaving the shop with a bag full with teddy bear clothes. I can’t believe they were both showing me their puppy dog eyes pleading me for every item.

The shopping spree is far away from being over. The next stop is the Disney Store. I am sure that is my death. Reminder to yourself: Never ever take three girls again to the Disney Store. Laura is in her element gazing dreamingly at all the princess dresses hanging on a rack. Sydney is constantly by her side watching over her. I keep Susan in check and lift her up into my arms. She is very easy to take care of and doesn’t need much to be happy; just like her mother.

“Je peux avoir ça?” (Can I have this?) Laura comes running up to me with a large smile plastered all over her face. She has a pink cardigan in her hand, with the head of Minnie Mouse stitched onto the front of a pocket.

With a heavy sigh I tell her that I would buy her this but that it would be all since we have already spent too much money at the teddy bear shop. She doesn’t pout or whatsoever to my surprise apparently satisfied with that single purchase. After some more time spent in the shop, simply looking at the huge amount of stuffed animals and clothing articles before heading to the food court.

Laura sure takes some time to pick out some food because, yet again, there is too much to choose from and mainly because we probably don’t even half of those in France. She sits down with Sydney and Susan waiting for me to buy the different meals. Laura and Susan make funny faces at each other and they spent more time laughing at each other than eating. I’m glad when Sydney offers to take Laura with her to the bathroom and even more when Laura joins her.

With an ice-cream in each hand later, we walk back to the car in order to fetch up the boys from school.

Part 14

“Where’s Susie?” Sydney wonders when she steps into the house with the two boys in tow.

“She’s with Laura up in the nursery. But don’t ask me what they’re up to. It’s far too quiet though for the last five minutes” I say, greeting Adam and Zachary on my way into the family room. They have both lazily dropped their school bags at the entry and are now fighting over a video game.

“Adam, slow it down! Please!” Sydney shouts already obviously irritated. I gather they have both been noisy in the car and the fight is now continuing at home. “Zach you too! If you don’t stop, there won’t be any video game today! Got it?”

They end up grumping some more but decide to give up their fight, knowing their video game would be at stake. I sit down with the boys for a couple of minutes but rapidly tire of the game. Besides I need to check up on the girls upstairs. I hear them talk half way up the stairs and once up I peek my head inside. I finally realise what they have been doing the whole while.

“Syd…” I whisper hearing her rummage around in her bedroom. She doesn’t hear me, so I carefully step inside not wanting to intrude her most private room. I see the king sized bed covered in pure white sheets resting in the middle of the spacious room that gives me chills all the way down my spine. I can’t help to think about Sydney sleeping right there peacefully. A bed she once shared with her husband that she now had to share alone. I know perfectly well how it feels to suddenly be left alone.

I’m lost in my thoughts as she steps out of the joined bathroom with merely a bra and panties on. She is startled, covering herself up with her arms.

“Michael!”

“Oh sorry… I didn’t mean to… I didn’t know… I…” I quickly turn around facing the door to give her time to pull a shirt over her head, wanting to get more comfy at home. “I… you dressed?” I ask my voice croaking.

“Yeah”

I cautiously turn around, seeing her all clad this time. Her cheeks are lightly blushed as she doesn’t dare looking up into my eyes.

“I’m sorry… I shouldn’t have stepped in… I… I called you but you didn’t hear…so…”

“It’s alright… no harm done right?” Sydney laughs it off, trying to lighten the mood but misses completely. The situation is just too awkward. But we are adults, aren’t we? We aren’t some horny teenagers not able to keep their bodies in check.

After a long while she speaks up again her voice soft and cheery as usual “What did you want?”

“I’ll show you” I say, grabbing her hand and pulling her out into the hallway straight to the nursery. I place my forefinger over my lips showing her to keep quiet. She is and then we are both looking inside, seeing Laura and Susan laying on their stomach and reading a book. Although reading is a little bit too strong here; they are rather looking at pictures.

“There…cow!” Susan giggles as Laura repeats the word the same way.

They both laugh, then Laura explains “C’est une vache en français. Vache”, translating the word in French for Susan. Much to Sydney’s surprise, Susan intensively looks at Laura’s lips repeating the word too.

“Vache”

“Cow”

They both giggle delightfully while Sydney and I watch them for several minutes, unable to tear our eyes off the beautiful sight in front of us.

“She can’t speak English correctly as yet and is already learning French!” Sydney exclaims leaning with her back up against the wall.

I smile “It seems like it… they both can teach each other.” We remain silent for a couple of minutes until I realise that our hands are still intertwined. I lift them up and with another smile I bring them up to my lips to drop a loving kiss onto her knuckles. With the other hand I pull her by the waist closer up to me, my hand coming to rest on the small of her back, our heads mere inches from each other.

“Sydney” I breathe, fighting against the sudden urge to melt my lips against hers. Looking straight into her eyes I see tears glistening in them, her emotions boiling inside of her. I let go of her hand and cup her cheek, brushing my thumb lovingly over her rosy cheekbones.

“I can’t Michael” she says, removing my hand from her cheek, her eyes travelling to the ground, “I’m sorry…” she adds, tears rolling down her face. She walks back into her bedroom right at the moment when Zachary and Adam appear in the hallway.

“What’s wrong with mum?” Zachary wonders, his schoolbag dangling over his shoulder and looking towards where Sydney had vanished.

“Mum needs some time alone” I explain them, “If you need help with your school works I’m right here with Susie and Laura” I add.

“Ok” They say in unison walking into their respective bedrooms.

:Pinch:

End Part 14

oh god... syd must be so proud that suzie is learning french... but must be scared of loving someone after her husband so that is why she wont kiss michael

noooo syd
grrr i cant wait for him to win her over love he double update and the girls are so cute together
but cmon syd
kiss him
love tht he just walked into her room and caught her in barely anything

She realises that the feelings she felt before for Michael are real, but she is afraid to cross the step as yet... She's afraid to love somebody else than Danny... :blush:

A/N: Stupid doctor is going to pull out cookie's wisdom tooth tomorrow.... :( It's driving me insane already...

“What’s wrong with mum?” Zachary wonders, his schoolbag dangling over his shoulder and looking towards where Sydney had vanished.

“Mum needs some time alone” I explain them, “If you need help with your school works I’m right here with Susie and Laura” I add.

“Ok” They say in unison walking into their respective bedrooms.

Part 15

“Laura? Papa est dans la chambre de Sydney…” (Laura, daddy’s in Sydney bedroom) I inform her. She is much too focused onto playing with Susan. I though tell her to look after Susan for a while in order to make sure that nothing happens to the little girl.

I briefly pear my head into the boy’s room to see them both do their homework. Knocking at Sydney’s door first but hearing no answer, I still feel the need to see her.

“Syd?” I question finding her curled up on her bed. She sniffles a couple of times, wiping some tears out of her face and sitting up. She knows we have to talk. No matter what has happened during the six months we spent apart we both know that there is something. We simply need to figure out what it is and how to go on from there.

“I don’t know what to do” she blurts out without giving me a chance to speak a single word. I carefully sit at the edge of the bed, on the other side, far away from her. More tears start streaming down her face once more “I want to kiss you, but I can’t…” she sobs now, grabbing a tissue from the box standing on her night table and drying off the rolling tears. “I can’t…”

I finally see how much our situation is troubling her as me. “I don’t know either what to do” I admit, reaching out for her hand. “I just know that I love being with you, that I missed you terribly those last months and that all I wanted to do was to be with you.” I say, a silence growing over us until I add “I’m happy to be with you again”

I’m rewarded with one of her famous dimpled smiles that I fell in love with instantly. “I’m also happy you’re here with Laura.”

Laughter can we heard through the walls from the other side where the nursery is. We both smile.

“What are we gonna do?” she questions, hoping to find the right answer in my eyes. The thing is that I have no clue what to do. I simply want to enjoy my vacation with Laura here as much as I can and whatever happens happens.

“We’ll see. I guess we need to let things happen” I say, glad that she lets me take her into my arms.

“Oh my God, I almost forgot! Eric and Carolyn are coming over for dinner tonight!”

Leave it to Sydney to cut our romantic moment, but seeing a large smile plastered all over her face again, makes me happy. And it is also easier for me not to be mad at her for leaving my embrace so soon. I guess I enjoyed it a tad bit too much.

“You invited Eric?” I ask surprised.

“Of course! He’s your friend. Don’t you want to see him?”

“Sure… thank you!” I say unconsciously leaning down to place a kiss onto her lips. Again I have no idea why I did that and again I’m stumbling over a myriad of excuses for kissing her. It seems to come naturally from me or I’m doomed for life or something…

The world seems to be stopping around us as Sydney gazes into my eyes, leaving my dumbfounded with the next words, “Try that again”

Not quite sure whether I heard right, I enquire “Are you sure?” She nods.

I thus lean my head closer down against hers, cupping the back of her head with one hand I pull her softly closer as my lips ever so lightly brush over hers this time. She is asking to kiss me against after all and that kiss has to be perfect. I not only want it to be perfect for her but also for me. I place several chaste kisses onto her lips, nibbling softly against them, loving to feel the texture of her mouth against mine. I give our lips time to get used to each other and when I’m about to pull back, she is the one initiating the next step.

I feel her mouth opening up against mine, first taking me off-guard. Let’s just say that I’m a little bit surprised after what just happened. After all it was she that pushed me away in the hallway. I though am very enticed to kiss her further and comply with her demand, welcoming her tongue inside my mouth. To say that I’m completely enthralled by our kiss is an understatement. It feels so deliciously good that I can’t stop anymore. I want more and more by each passing second, our tongues getting acquainted with each other and duelling for quite some time.

With a moan into my throat she finally slows down the kiss. She knows that I let her decide when to end our connection. She rests her forehead against mine, breathing heavily. I’m pretty much out of breath too.

“Michael”

“Yeah?”

“You should wear a warning around your head”

“I take that as a compliment” I smile and she laughs. But our cloud disappears just as fast as it had appeared.

“I feel like I’m cheating on Danny Michael” I’m glad that she doesn’t keep her thoughts to herself. I knew the subject would eventually come up. “I know I’m not… he’s dead… he’s never going to come back… and… and… life goes on… I just don’t know how to. You’re living in France, I’m here… in ten days you’re flying back home” Tears well up in her eyes again. I hate to be the cause of so much sadness.

“Syd…Sydney… why don’t we just take one step at a time, ok? Remember you’re not alone on this. We’ll both figure out a way, alright? Come on” I pull her back into my arms, kissing the top of her head, holding onto her for some time until Laura bolts into the room, crying.

She is not giving us any looks, our attention now brought to the crying child in front of us.

Susan stands by Laura’s side “Mummy, Laura’s owie”

There is a big red spot forming on her arm from being stung by some animal.

“C’est rien ma chérie. On va mettre de l’antiseptique dessus, mais il ne faut pas gratter!” (It’s alright sweetie. We’ll put some cream on it, but you can’t scratch!) I tell her, following Sydney into the bathroom. I lift Laura up onto the counter while Sydney is rummaging through the cabinets for the medication. Two minutes later it’s all set again.

“Thank you” Laura thanks Sydney but needs a cuddle from me first. She always needs some comfort after her life has been briefly pulled upside down. I can only image what it will be like for her if ever Sydney and I decide to give us a chance. Either one of us would have to move. Our eyes are speaking those exact words as Sydney watches Laura clinging to me. She knows that Laura is the dearest I have in life. Same goes for her children.

“Owie gone?” Susan babbles.

“Yes sweetie. Laura’s owie is gone now. Why don’t we go downstairs and get dinner ready?” she says also lifting her daughter up into her arms. “You wanna come help mummy?”

“Yeah!” Susan cheers and laughs clapping her hands.

End Part 15

If the lurkers reply I'll do a double update this weekend. I know blackmailing, but it's my fic and I can do whatever I want :lol: :P

And nope, double posting doesn't count :cool:

And you better keep those fingers crossed for me tomorrow!!!!!!!!!!! :o_O:

poor cookie

Teeth pulled out- hated that. I had to have four pulled out. the worst part- needles :stretcher:. but I'm glad you can hug me, even if it's only through web:smiley: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :group: :group: :group: :group: :group:

Here it is - your first official reply from a self-proclaimed lurker. In fact, I've never posted anything on this board before, but I love reading the stories.
This is a great story, I can't wait to find out what happens next!
Good luck with the wisdom teeth
Karen

Yay that was great.... the ending was great.. maybe syd should have also asked if Laura wanted to join Her and Susan in the kitchen??

Please double update please please please please

Here it is - your first official reply from a self-proclaimed lurker. In fact, I've never posted anything on this board before, but I love reading the stories.
This is a great story, I can't wait to find out what happens next!
Good luck with the wisdom teeth
Karen

WOW your first post and that for my fic :blush: I'm feeling honored!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So here's a special :hug: for you - you deserve it and can be proud of it :lol:

The best line about Vaughn I think ive EVER heard
simply amazing and so true!!!

love it

and so glad that they are in a semi relationship

hahaha, i agree with dandan, that was an amazing line about vaughn.

sorry about not reviewing for awhile, but trips, graduation, and speeches have kinda kept me busy.

so glad they admitted their feelings for each other.

~Kay ^_^

Part 16

By the end of the first week Laura and I have spent at Sydney’s place, she has learnt quite some English vocabulary. Right now she is on the phone with my mother, talking along very fast in French. She is very much excited about telling her grandmother as much details as possible, about all the cool stuff here in America.

She rattles non-stop for about fifteen minutes when I realise how long it has really been. The phone call over the Atlantic Ocean is going to cost Sydney a fortune; even though I will have to insist on paying her back. With a last goodbye to her grandmother, she hands the phone to me. I exchange a few words too as well as some details about our departure and arrival in a few days. My mother will be the one picking us up at the airport and I know how much Laura relies on her. She has somewhat taken over the role mother to my daughter and I’m fully aware how much she misses her grandmother.

I end the phone call, looking over at Sydney sending me her wonderful smile.

“She speaks fast. I couldn’t understand a single word Laura said!” she says, emptying the dishwasher. I laugh at her words, knowing how true it is. Laura can be quite the chatter, something Sydney isn’t fully aware of because I realised her being much calmer in America than she is in France.

I walk up behind Sydney, helping her empty the dishwasher and placing the china back into the cupboards. At one moment I’m right behind her as we both reach out for the last glass. Time stands still for the split of a second, as neither of us moves feeling so close to each other; almost leaning against one another. Sure we have had our share of hugs and kisses this past week, yet there is something different in the air.

“I don’t want you to go” she says, a sob evident at the end of her phrase.

Spinning her around, I immediately wrap my arms around her slender waist, pulling her head into the crook of my neck.

“I know… me neither. But I have to.”

“I’m gonna miss you…”

“I’m gonna miss you too Sydney, so much!” I place a tender kiss onto her forehead, nose and lips.

“Papa, est-ce que je peux…” (Daddy, can I…?) Laura bolts down the staircase, startling Sydney and me. She stops in the middle of the family room when she notices Sydney and me hugging. She senses that there is something different in the gesture. I’m not really sure about what approach to choose. Two days ago Adam and Zachary were the ones catching us on the porch. They are twelve and ten years old so they pretty much got the idea out of it but as far as I can remember Laura has never seen me with a woman; at least not as close as I am to Sydney now. I’ve been dating a couple of times when she was still a baby or even a toddler. But the more time went by, the more difficult it got for me to date. I thought that with time, things would get easier, but it didn’t.

Zachary was a little bit confused at first but totally shrugged it off. We still don’t know whether he is too afraid of admitting his true feelings or not. Sydney went to talk to him later that night but was unable to get anything out of him. Adam on the other hand, took it very seriously and didn’t raise too many questions. He understands that neither of us knows where this relationship is going to take us.

“Pourquoi tu donnes des bisous à Sydney?” (Why do you give kisses to Sydney?) She questions gazing in between Sydney and me, slowly approaching us. I look at Sydney and she nods her head. We both sit down onto the couch, pointing to Laura to have a seat.

I start in French, explaining her the reason as to why I have been kissing Sydney; that I like her a lot, that we love to spend time with each other. I’m asking her whether she is mad at me for kissing Sydney but she only shrugs her shoulders. That’s the reply I have been waiting for anyway. It’s another situation she has never been in but Sydney and Laura get along very well so it can’t be that bad.

“Est-ce que vous allez vous marier?” (Are you going to get married?) She then asks, leading me to the next question, wondering where she is getting that idea from. Obviously people that kiss each other are supposed to be married in her point of view.

I laugh, first explaining Sydney the reason as to why I’m laughing, before informing Laura that people don’t need to be married to kiss each other. We love and care for each other and that’s why we are kissing, I tell her.

“Est-ce que je peux aller dehors?” (Can I go outside?) she questions, leaving me as much confused as Sydney. I nod my head, watching her run out the backdoor and straight up onto the swing that is in the middle of the backyard. It’s a beautiful sunny afternoon. Zachary and Adam are in school and Susan is having her nap.

“That went smooth” Sydney sighs.

“That’s because she doesn’t understand what kind of impact our relationship might have on her life. Neither do Zach and Adam, Sydney. I get along with the boys, you get along with Laura. But we’re just together for a short amount of time. Once Laura and I are back in France, she won’t remember any of it and neither will the boys Sydney. Their daily lives will switch back to what it was before… that’s all.” I speak out the truth neither of us is willing to acknowledge either.

“I know”

“Are you willing to move to France, leave everything behind? Will I be able to tear Laura away from her grandmother and uncle, far away in a country she doesn’t know and where they speak a different language? I don’t like any of those ideas, but if we want to give us a chance, either will have to make that step”

“Oh Michael!” Sydney cries, the impact of my words hurting her more than I ever intended to hurt her. I only hope that what I’m saying is the innermost truth. There is no secret option number three.

“I know Sydney… me too”

Part 17

Exactly three days later, Laura and I are standing together with Sydney, Adam, Zachary and Susan at the airport. With an added luggage to our former one, due to our expenses in America we are ready to head back home. Well sort of, because frankly, I think I won’t ever be ready to fly back home. This moment is even harder than last time. Letting Sydney go is nearly impossible, even the children sense the silence hanging over us. The only two people smiling away are Susan and Laura. Susan, because she is simply too small to understand and Laura, because she’s happy with the prospect of seeing her grandmother very soon.

“Bye Laura” Zach and Adam hug the girl briefly, followed by Susan who also drops a sweet kiss onto her cheek and waves her hand.

“Bye-bye” Half a year ago, Susan still looked like a little baby to me, now she’s growing into a little girl. I can’t believe it has been six months already that I’ve known Sydney.

Sydney crouches down to wish goodbye to my daughter, tears stinging in her eyes. Laura smiles and hugs Sydney real tight. “Bye Sydney, bye-bye” mimicking Susan.

Last it’s time for Sydney and I to say our goodbyes. I feel like my heart breaks in two and it hurts so much that I want to scream out to the entire world that I don’t want to leave her. I know now that I want to be by her side for the rest of my life. I’m going to miss her smile more than anything else in the world. But what needs to be done, needs to be done. Kissing her sweetly for a couple of times I’m finally willing to go. For how long, I don’t know yet, but it can’t be long.

“I’ll miss you”

“I’ll miss you more” I say, tipping her nose. She laughs. “I’ll write as soon as I can, I promise, ok?”

With a nod of her head and a heavy sigh she lets go of my hand and it feels already empty. I’m not really sure what happens next but I guess that we somehow made our way through control and then one hour later our plane speeds down the runway and up into the air. Knowing Sydney already back home, I come to wonder what she is doing. Looking down at my watch, I see that it is 6pm, which probably means that she’s giving a bath to Susan.

At those thoughts tears are welling up in my arms that I try to keep under control. I look to my right where Laura sits, excited about returning home, her head leaning over a colouring book. My mind is briefly filled with happy thoughts through the love I feel towards my daughter.

“Papa, pourquoi tu pleures?” (Daddy, why are you crying?) Laura shakes me out of my thoughts as I haven’t recognized the tears silently rolling down my face.

I try to me honest with her “Parce que Sydney va me manquer beaucoup” (Because I will miss Sydney a lot).

“Tu l’aimes beaucoup?” (Do you love her a lot?) she takes me off guard.

Sydney and I have never pronounced the L word once. Probably in fear to admit our true feelings towards each other. The love word is stronger than any other word in the world. And I come to realise that my daughter is smarter than I thought she was.

“Oui, je l’aime beaucoup” (Yes, I love her a lot) I say, drying some tears away with a tissue. Without speaking another word, my daughter leans into me for a big hug. Her hands are not able to wrap around my waist, she simply cuddles her head up against my chest.

“Je l’aime aussi papa. Elle est très gentille” (I love her too daddy. She’s very nice) she says as we are holding onto each other for comfort; for the emptiness we are feeling inside of our heart.

“Elle t’aime aussi beaucoup Laura. Comme si tu étais sa fille” (She loves you also a lot Laura. As if you were her daughter) I tell her, combing my fingers through her brown tresses. I have never been able to imagine a mother for her. The few times I dated years ago, they were dates… I can not even say girlfriends, because we never came to that point of a relationship. But then again, they would have been my girlfriend and nothing more. Sydney though…. I feel completely different towards Sydney. I know I’m in love with her now, I couldn’t imagine my life without her. I want to be with her. I could see Sydney being a mother to Laura… I can see us as a family.

Just how? What are we going to do?

The flight back home seemed to go faster than flying to the United States. This time we don’t need to go to customs and head right out from the plane towards the baggage claim. It takes ages though for our baggage to finally get through. Setting Laura on top of the trolley I push it along the everlasting way to the exit.

“Mamie!” (Granma!) Laura shouts from the top of her lungs the moment she has spotted my mother. She jumps off the trolley and runs right up into my mother’s arms. I’m just as relieved as Laura when I see her. I’m too exhausted to think about anything else. I literally hate those long hour flights and the walk to the car seems endless.

Within forty-five minutes we arrive home where my brother invites us inside, ready to serve lunch. I excuse myself briefly, needing to call Sydney and let her know about our safe arrival.

“Hey” That’s all I need to say for her to recognize my voice. We exchange a few words and I know she’s withholding to cry. I also know that the moment this phone call ends, she will be in tears and that I won’t be there to hold her in my arms. “Please give a kiss to Susie ok?” I say, adding another few lines and then cut our conversation.

I breathe in deeply a couple of times, needing some time to compose myself before standing in front of my family again. If only there were another solution to my problem, it would make my life perfect.

End Part 17

A/N: I'm not sure whether I'll have the time to update on Wednesday evening. I could say that I'd update on Tuesday but I have class and from Thursday on my friend from Berlin is visiting with two of the boys (the youngest and the middle one), so I'll be pretty busy from Thu to Sun through... :whistle: I promise I'll do my best :Pinch:

wow cookie
i really want vaughn to move
and maybe his mom could move with him to america
its not right they shouldnt be seperated for so long
...sounds like you got a busy week ahead of you...good luck

Back