Patchwork

oh oops sorry

whats Roland Garros???
and you have a cat?

A/N: Roland Garros is the French Open LOL... And nope I don't owe a cat... My friend is on family vacation so the cat stays with me for two weeks :P

Part 21

After dinner I’m carrying Sydney’s luggage upstairs. Unfortunately all the spare rooms are being used and it feels all of a sudden normal to me to share a bed with Sydney. We are both adults and surely will manage our emotions. Besides I really want to hold Sydney in my arms tonight; for the first time. I don’t think I could stand the thought of her being away from me.

Luckily we still have Laura’s old crib somewhere nestled far away in the old attic. My brother helps me carrying it into the hallway to dust before we pull out several sheets and place the small bed in Laura’s bedroom.

“Elle va dormir chez toi chérie, d’accord?” (She’ll be sleeping with you, ok sweetie?) Laura nods her head, curiously gazing into the old crib that once belonged to my brothers and me and then Laura. She laughs at the thought of herself being a baby once. I tousle her hair, telling her to crawl under the sheets. Sydney returns from the bathroom with a sleeping Susan in her arms.

“Put her down” I tell Sydney who carefully leans over the barrels to lay Susan’s sleeping form into the crib.

“Papa elle dort!” (Daddy, she’s sleeping) Laura whispers as if I didn’t know.

“Oui, je sais. Tu vas aussi dormir maintenant” (Yes I know. You’re also going to sleep now) I tell her, kissing her forehead and hugging her real tight. “Bonne nuit ma chérie” (Good night sweetie).

“Bonne nuit papa. Je t’aime très fort” (Good night daddy. I love you). Sydney repeats the same action as me, something we used to do for the last couple of days before our departure from America; bringing the girls to bed together that is.

“Good night sweetie. Don’t let the bed bugs bite you” Sydney says smiling at which Laura shakes her head.

“No!”

She more likely doesn’t remember what the words mean but it was a ritual she got used to do. She seems to be thrilled to have it back. I’m happy to see the bond growing again between Sydney and my daughter. It also shows me how much they have missed each other those last two months. They have been awfully long for all of us.

“Syd?”

She slowly gets up and walks up next to me. We both blow another kiss to Laura before retreating ourselves into my bedroom.

I empty a few of my drawers so she can place some of her clothes inside and I also show her my bathroom that joins the bedroom. She places some of her female belongings along with mine and I can’t help but watch her comply. I step up right behind her as we are gazing into each others reflection in the mirror. Eyes are sometimes saying more than words. I spin her around, my fingers resting on her hips, her name slipping from my lips with a sigh,

“Sydney”

I can’t believe that right now we both have much more self-control than I ever thought possible because all I feel like doing right now is kiss her hard and make love to her. But instead I follow with my eyes the strand of hair my fingers are pulling behind her ear. My hand ends up cupping her cheek before I finally lean down to kiss her sweetly. A kiss that rapidly grows into more… and it lasts very long… until we need to come up for oxygen, both panting.

“Oh Syd… I know this probably isn’t the most romantic moment…but I love you… I love you so much it hurts. I’m beyond happy to have you here…”

She gazes up at me with her bambi-like eyes, a few tears welling up in her eyes “You love me?”

“I think, love is an understatement. I’m completely head over heels in love with you Sydney. I can’t live a day without thinking of you. I wake up in the morning and think of you, I go to work I think of you, I’m having lunch I think of you, I’m going to bed I think of you. All day long… I’m always wondering what you’re up to. I hate to live with the fact of not knowing what you are doing. I want to know if you’re happy, sad, angry, moody, and so on. The list is endless…” I speak, letting all my emotions out in the open.

“I love you too”

We are melting against each other once more and kissing Sydney has never felt better than right now.

“Syd…Syd…” I cut her curious fingers running all over my body, “I… we better stop…you know…before things are getting out of hands” I say, stating the obvious, pulling her out of her haze.

She realises that she has been the one loosing control here and sheepishly looks down to the ground. With the tip of my finger I pull her chin to look up at me.

“Hey…” something is twirling in her thoughts as tears are rolling down her cheeks. “What’s wrong?”

She shrugs, burying her head into my shirt, her arms wrapped around my waist. “I missed you so much. I couldn’t stand being away from you. I feel awful… I left Zach and Adam to come see you. And I love you… yet I’m afraid to love you… I’m so scared…”

“Hey… that’s ok… I’m also afraid Sydney. I’ve never loved anybody the way I love you Sydney. It scares me too, but you didn’t leave Zach and Adam behind. You love them and you’ll see them again real soon, ok? Why don’t you call them, huh? You should… and then we can go to bed”

Sydney calls her sons, talks to both of them and the moment she has ended the call she ends up in tears. I can only imagine what she has to go through. Never in her life has she been apart from her children more than a couple of days and now she was going to be in France for an entire week. No matter how happy I am to have her with me, in my arms, I hate to see her so heart-broken.

When I look back down at her, I notice she has drifted off to sleep.

“I love you” I whisper, grazing my lips briefly over hers. I can’t take my eyes off her, staring at her through the dim lit room. She’s here, with me…. That’s all I know and with those happy thoughts I eventually fall into dreamland too.

Part 22

The next morning I’m thankful to be greeted by the most beautiful sight of the person that has recently faltered into my life and pulled it upside down. Her mouth is slightly open to breathe in and out, her breath floating over my face. She still seems to be far off and instead of waking her I cautiously get out of bed.

Walking into Laura’s room, I find her sitting on the bed leafing through a book and Susan in the crib mimicking my daughter.

“Bonjour”

“Bonjour papa” Laura greets me with her Saturday morning smile. She doesn’t need to go to school this Saturday so she can sleep in longer. She hardly ever does but she knows that she’s not supposed to wake me up before at least 8am.

“Susie read book” Susan cheers pointing with her cute chubby finger onto the colored paper in front of her.

“Je lui ai preté un de mes livres pour regarder” (I lend her one of my books to look at) Laura informs me proudly, her attention focusing back onto the book. I sit onto the edge of her bed, kissing the top of her head as I simply need to be close to her. I very often do. The Saturdays Laura doesn’t have to go to school are spent at ease. We will be having our breakfast all together in family and not in a rush like the other days. It’s very important to all of us and same goes for Sunday.

“Mummy…mummy Susie up!” Susan’s voice makes us lift our heads to the door where Sydney is standing admiring us. She’s clad in a long shirt that serves as nightie that goes mid-thigh, giving me a nice view of her long slender legs. It’s not like I haven’t seen them before, but I guess I’ll never cease to be amazed by her amazing frame.

Sydney lifts her daughter out of the crib and into her arms as Susan shows her the book with a large dimpled smile on her face. “There… water, BIIIIIG!” Susan exclaims raising her arms up above her head. Her facial expression is so adorable and funny that it makes Laura laugh.

Susan’s gaze goes back at Laura and they both start laughing hysterically. At the end we’re all laughing without even truthfully knowing the real reason of our laughter. We have totally forgotten about it when my mother knocks at the door, welcoming us to have breakfast downstairs.

“Merci maman” I kiss her head, something I have always done from the day I grew taller than her.

“Viens… come, come…” Laura cheers pulling Susan along with her. Susan’s feet though are having a hard time trotting along the other ones as I beg Laura to watch out for the stairs, knowing how insecure Susan still was.

Sydney and I find ourselves alone in my daughter’s bedroom. Walking up to her I immediately pull her into my embrace, kissing her sweetly yet fully.

“Hey beautiful. Did you sleep alright?” she nods her head as a yawn slips from her “Still tired, huh?”

“A little bit. Well that jet lagging is a complete new experience. I feel like it’s early evening and that I’m going to bed in a couple of hours” she explains and I laugh cradling her head against my chest.

“That’s ok. If you want you can either go back to sleep now or after breakfast. I mean we don’t have anything special going on until this afternoon. Laura has a performance though… so I think the Paris tourist guide will have to wait until tomorrow.” I inform her at which she retorts.

“Oh and here I was already hoping to have my own special guy to show me the City of Love

She’s mocking me… “Oh trust me you have your own special guy to show you the City of Love” I smile looking down into her eyes with amazement. “I missed you”

“I missed you too” she kisses my lips, her eyes boring down into my soul with love. I could kiss her endlessly. She is growing so very precious to me that I never want to let go of her again. It’s an incredible feeling I’ve never known before. The children’s laughter from the basement are filling our ears making both of our smiles grow. “What kind of performance does Laura have?”

“Hmm… There’s singing at 2pm and then her dancing is at 5pm. We’ll take the metro for the first one because we’ll never find a parking space there, but at her dancing there’s a sports center near there. They have a large parking space.”

I let the information briefly sink into her head. “So what do you want? Bed or Breakfast?”

“Hmm….” She stretches her body all the way along mine. I swear this woman is going to drive me crazy some day. “Breakfast…”

“Alright. American or…well…French with baguette/croissant and all…”

“French!”

I glide my hand into hers and we both make our way into the kitchen where everybody is already sitting around the table munching away. Laura calls out for Sydney to sit next to her. I thus sit on the other end of the table with Susan next to me. With those big brown eyes and that smiling face staring up at me as well as Sydney by my side, this week can only get better.

:love: End Part 22

Hmmmm fluff... don't we just all love it :lol:

Yep we ALL love fluff
so she just left her sons is it bad that i find that hysterical?
hahah but seriosuyl great DOUBLE update
it was so good!!
AND cookie its sunday now i hope i remember sunday as update day

Yep we ALL love fluff
so she just left her sons is it bad that i find that hysterical?
hahah but seriosuyl great DOUBLE update
it was so good!!
AND cookie its sunday now i hope i remember sunday as update day

Remember that the boys have school and she can't just take them with her to France... no matter how much she wanted :angelic:

why are you so logical

were you one of those kids at school that was all you cant jump out from the window when your 2 stories up???

Back