Payment Options

Originally posted by Jaraeth+Jun 29 2006, 08:00 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Jaraeth @ Jun 29 2006, 08:00 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by Sabastian@Jun 28 2006, 09:54 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-Kylie
@Jun 29 2006, 01:22 AM
:Ph34r: LOL ya'll are so cute!!! Look at Guild Wars and Lineage 2. Especialy Lineage 2, Expansions are free. So I think Simu needs to re-think it's payment and go with somthing every other MMO is going with, and it will do better, I'm not paying that much money on a game. I don't mind paying for expansions, character transfers, etcetc...but To pay THAT much money to basicaly be able to enjoy the game service to its fullest is ridiculous. Period.

If you get more enjoyment from HJ at the basic rate, than any other game can offer, and you choose not to play because there is a higher tier that you can not afford.... well that's what I call ridiculous.

S.
I would say if a persons budget restricts them from paying for a subscription that is priced beyond their means, it's not a choice, it's a restriction they cannot control without getting a pay raise, taking a second job, etc. I don't know a person who would consider that a choice, unless, they were not in control of the finances, and decided to go bankrupt in an attempt to get more gaming goodies.

Of course, in reality, I don't see $10 more a month knocking someone into bankruptcy. More or less, just less grocery money.

~ Jaraeth [/b][/quote]
The arguement is ... If you are paying $15 a month for GW and HJ basic cost $15 a month and offers you MORE fun, it would be ridiculous to keep playing GW just because there are higher tiers offered in HJ. MORE FUN for you dollar is the issue I am presenting.

As for your bit about choices. It is a choice. You could cut your cable bill, buy less food, stop smoking, stop drinking, sell your TV, get a second job, on and on. It's all about CHOICES and what you consider a priority. Personally I don't think playing a game should ever be a priority.

Honestly, I do feel for the households that are scraping by and want some simple inexpensive enjoyment in their lives. I will never feel for the teens+ sitting on their ass all day playing games, demanding the games are cheep so their parents will pay for them. This group needs to get a job, get some sunshine, volunteer, something other than play games all day .....

S.

Thing is GW is free to play once you buy the game. No monthly fee.

The major point so far for those asking for tiered pricing is that "if it's better then the other games (more fun) then isn't it worth it?"

Well, there isn't any guarentee it's going to be more fun, or even as fun as other games on the market. So far we don't know all that much, and to be honest if some of the ideas that are being suggested are implemented, it wont be much different than every other EQ clone out there. And without things like a robust crafting system, alot of people who enjoy crafting are not going to find HJ as fun for them as say, games that do have it. To the person that doesn't come to the forums (which would be MOST MMO players) and see's HJ as the only MMO with this kind of pricing, they wont touch it, due to the PERCEPTION that you don't get the total game for the base price, which I'm sure will be comparible to what other MMO's charge.

Originally posted by Morneblade@Jul 2 2006, 02:46 AM
Thing is GW is free to play once you buy the game. No monthly fee.

The major point so far for those asking for tiered pricing is that "if it's better then the other games (more fun) then isn't it worth it?"

Well, there isn't any guarentee it's going to be more fun, or even as fun as other games on the market. So far we don't know all that much, and to be honest if some of the ideas that are being suggested are implemented, it wont be much different than every other EQ clone out there. And without things like a robust crafting system, alot of people who enjoy crafting are not going to find HJ as fun for them as say, games that do have it. To the person that doesn't come to the forums (which would be MOST MMO players) and see's HJ as the only MMO with this kind of pricing, they wont touch it, due to the PERCEPTION that you don't get the total game for the base price, which I'm sure will be comparible to what other MMO's charge.
Yes Morneblade,

We are now going in circles. We have already established that you believe the AVERAGE person will not except tired pricing and I believe the AVERAGE person has excepted it long long ago. This is just another consumer good / service, after all.

And yes, there is NO guarentee people will like the game at all. Thus the use of the word "IF".

Do I think it will put off certian groups? Sure. I kind of hope it does put off the some of the kewl 1337 kids. I would also bet that your average RPer is a bit older and has more disposible income, so tiers may even apeal more to them. But I have nothing more than a hunch thats the way things are. It wouldn't be the first or last time I was wrong about something.

I do know, however, that message forums are a poor sample population and I hope you don't base your assumptions solely on those.

S.

Actually I'm basing my asumptions on people that dont read message boards. Most people that play MMO's don't invest anytime looking stuff up. The see the box in the store. They might compare featuers, or not. But I can tell you that they will look at the price, and see HJ as standing out in what I think will be a very negative way. They wont know how HJ is different (or not) or if HJ is better (or not) just that it has different prices, with probably no or little description of what they get you. In a genre that has single, "standardized" prices for playing. So, it's my opinion that most players that might look at HJ (players that do not frequent forums) will be turned off because of the pricing. Yeah, it will turn away the 1337 kiddies, but it's going to turn away many more people than that. Is that a good thing? I can't see how it is economically for HJ to do such a thing

Originally posted by Morneblade@Jul 2 2006, 04:19 AM
Actually I'm basing my asumptions on people that dont read message boards. Most people that play MMO's don't invest anytime looking stuff up. The see the box in the store. They might compare featuers, or not. But I can tell you that they will look at the price, and see HJ as standing out in what I think will be a very negative way. They wont know how HJ is different (or not) or if HJ is better (or not) just that it has different prices, with probably no or little description of what they get you. In a genre that has single, "standardized" prices for playing. So, it's my opinion that most players that might look at HJ (players that do not frequent forums) will be turned off because of the pricing. Yeah, it will turn away the 1337 kiddies, but it's going to turn away many more people than that. Is that a good thing? I can't see how it is economically for HJ to do such a thing
And that is why Simutronics will never settle for a $19.99 a month option. I've heared it from mutiple sources within Simutronics, and they will never do anything like that. If I were to expect anything, it would be a moderate increase in tiered pricing at release. Nothing dramatic, and nothing game-breaking. I really don't belive that Simutronics will give 'prime' members advantages that regular paying members wont. They may get a better appealing horse, or more areas to access. Nothing huge though.

Payment plans

If I have a premium account and my wife wants one too shouldn't there be alittle break? I played Gemstone III and they didn't do it back then so I doubt they'll do it now, but that is my view all the same. If there is no break in price for two premium accounts then I won't get two.

I think they should give a family discount. After all families that play together stay together.

How do you regulate a family discount? Do you monitor IP access? Does it have to be the same credit card to pay for each one? This has always been an option for exploits for some and really a loss of money to the company. Don't get me wrong I would love to have discounts for when me and my gf play but I can also see it being exploited by people.

Back