Sci-Fi People of Earth

Kevin

Code Monkey
Staff member
Title: People of Earth

Genre: Comedy

First aired: 2016-10-17

Creator: David Jenkins

Cast: Wyatt Cenac, Oscar Nunez, Ana Gasteyer, Luka Jones, Alice Wetterlund, Michael Cassidy, Tracee Chimo, Brian Huskey, Nancy Lenehan, Da'Vine Joy Randolph, Ken Hall, Björn Gustafsson, Daniel Stewart Sherman

Overview: Skeptical journalist Ozzie Graham investigates a support group for alien abductees to write about the members' supposed encounters. The more he digs into their oddball claims, the more he realizes there is truth in their stories and possibly even signs that point to his own alien abduction.
People of Earth

Aaaaaagghhhh!! Not sure how I missed this one before but I just binge watched both seasons of People of Earth on Hulu.
A sci-fi show with sarcastic comedy about aliens aimed at adults? How could I not like it? :LOL:

Like most shows there are scenes that don't really work but for the most part there are enough jokes and action to keep viewers watching. There were two seasons with 10 episodes each so it is short enough to binge watch pretty fast. By the end of S2 the overall storyline has added few layers to its complexity.

It originally aired on TBS in 2016 and was renewed for a third season in 2017 and, after having S3 written, was cancelled in 2018. The cancellation of S3 will not make viewers happy because S2 ends on a cliffhanger. Yep, S2 ends on a ibig cliffhanger with no storylines wrapped up, nothing resolved, and no indication of how anything is going to turn out.

Aaaaaagghhhh!! :eek: