Perfect World? Pretty Close!

I gave up trying to get the english patch to work :/ I've heard that it's not very well translated either. I'll just wait for the official one :smiley:

Website for PW-IN is going live on the 29th, with an update to Cubizone's site as well. It's assumed that the game will launch the first week of August.

Various posts have said from devs and the such that the website and forum going live would be a very short precursor to the beta.

It's a hybrid closed/open beta. It's open in the sense that anyone can get in, it's closed in the sense that there will be a character wipe before the actual open beta starts and the game officially launches. The first beta won't be hyped much and will focus mostly on translation, finding spelling/grammer errors and the such. Open beta will be hyped (so they say) and will be the usual stress tests and the like.

By the time i get home i should have the download done, i am no fan of Asian MMO but this one really seem to have TONS of diversity. Character creation seems simple the best ever. Dont even think HJ much touted character creation can do this.

The translation is not very well done, I almost feel like they should have translated it once, then handed it to a native speaker to translate again.

Character creation is/was freaking fun. I am a fan of asian MMOs, so I've enjoyed it. It's very pretty, and the sound is well done. However, I'm too distracted by TR and my fansite to give it much time. It does seem like the best free to play game I've ever seen though :smiley:

Some screenshot, just because making a character is such -art- in this game.

Tsuim and Shoskal meet Perfect World:

2007-10-1023-44-06.jpg

2007-10-1023-44-10.jpg

And our two winged characters, who's looks I'm very proud of. Never really had the freedom to make a character look exactly how they did in my head:

2007-10-1100-18-39.jpg

Is anyone else having a difficult time registering on Cubizone's site? I keep getting the dreaded 'server cannot be found' message whenever I click on the account registration link on the Perfect World main page.

I've got the game downloaded and installed just fine (I think) and I'm interested in taking it out for a spin.

Any tricks or another place I need to look?

Thanks

Actually the game is down for at least a week at the moment :smiley: What was running the past few weeks was the first phase of beta, with a character wipe at the end. Open beta is suppose to start on the 19th or 20th, baring any problems.

Cubizone's registration might be closed along with the game being down, though I'm not sure.

Can't imagine what problems, the company already runs one version of the game. The only difference here is translation, which I hope they spiff up a bit. I find engrish entertaining, but most people don't I'm sure :smiley: Oh, and item mall being put in along with the troubles of selling things on an international site, which I suppose could take some time. I wanna buy my cute kimono damnit!

Back