• John Kerry

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Osama bin Laden

• Saddam Hussein

• Iraqi insurgents (e.g. Zarqawi)

• Donald Rumsfield (US Secretary of Defence)

• Michael Moore (Director of Fahrenheit 9/11)

• Karl Rove (Bush's campaign mastermind)

• American voters

• Other (please specify)

• Total voters
It's that time of the year again when we start getting all those polls and recaps about the year that was. So I thought I'd do a Person of the Year poll here a la Time Magazine (which I thought totally copped out by not making Osama Person of the Year in 2001 :rolleyes: ). Naturally, the choices above are selective, so please do specify any person or group not included. I'm sure there are a lot of people that made a lot of difference who have nothing to do with the US or Iraq. Please vote and comment!

I voted for Karl Rove because he is the political mastermind behind the Bush campaign. Without Rove I'm not sure if Bush would have been reelected. So, while I disagree with many of Mr. Rove's tactic, I have to admit he had a big influence on the election and 2004 as a whole.

I read that Karl Rove, Michael Moore and Mel Gibson were finalists in the Time Person of the Year issue. My dad and I have always tried to predict who would get it every year. As much as I dislike Bush and his cronies, I had to vote for Karl Rove, the man is a political genius regardless if you're on his side of the aisle or not.

aliascazUK said:
Does it have to be a politician?
[post="1075620"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

No. I wouldn't think so. Mel Gibson and Micheal Moore (ohh, I despise myself for putting those two names in one sentence) are both previously given examples which are not of the politician variety.

Well if we can go with athletes...Definitely Mia Hamm, lead the US Womens soccer team to the gold in Athens. A perfect end to her amazing career.

Well, people can go with whoever they want. You can even nominate yourself. :lol:

Reluctantly, I'll have to go with George W. Oh, how I wish it were not so! But I have to hand it to Bush (and to Bush's brain Karl Rove) for winning another term despite his terrible performances in the debates, despite having misled people about a war, mismanaged such war to make things much worse, and alienated most of the world- allies, Muslims, gay people- but not enough of America unfortunately. ;)

Oh well, a person can be Person of the Year for notorious reasons. -_-

ETA: Hmm... love him or hate him Michael Moore's proving to be a popular choice too. Who knows this could be a win-win situation- he may yet milk another movie out of Bush's second term... :rolleyes:

Agent Verdi said:
Well if we can go with athletes...Definitely Mia Hamm,  lead the US Womens soccer team to the gold in Athens.  A perfect end to her amazing career.
[post="1075696"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

In that case, can they nominate animals? I say they pick Smarty as Person..er horse.. of the Year ;) :lol:

Bush already got Person of the Year in 2000 when he first won, they may go with him again, but I'm not sure. They don't pick based on who had the most influence in a good or bad way, it's just who had the most influence and was the most NEWSWORTHY. I mean, they named Adolf Hitler Man of the Year back in 1938.

Back