peter sklar

Ok i am wondering if any of you have ever heard of peter sklar or goes to his performing arts workshops in new york??? He's my acting coach jusr wondering

ooo I want one too!

but I've never heard of him. :lol:

that reminds me, I once wrote in one of my yearbooks "one day I'll become ridiculously famous and I'll sell this on eBay and become ridiculously rich. NOT."

^_^

LOL umm I have never really done anything big. I mean wow I performed on Off-Broadway a few times, do some schools plays, extras in things like ohio commercial, but that's it.

I found a list and a small bio on what he does!!

Peter Sklar holds a Masters Degree in Education from Harvard University with a concentration in adolescent development, and also studied piano and music theory at the Juilliard School of Music. For two decades, he was America's leading professional independent talent scout, directly responsible for the commercial, film, television, Broadway and modeling careers of thousands of children, teens and young adults from all parts of the United States and Europe.

A noted lecturer, Mr. Sklar's seminars on the professional entertainment field are in continual demand throughout the country and have been praised repeatedly in the New York Times (five full-page articles on his work over the past 18 years), New York Daily News, New York Post, Dallas Morning News, Chicago Tribune, Kansas City Star and in dozens of major newspapers coast to coast.

His work with young people - which involves directing his internationally acclaimed entertainment arts resident workshop beginnings - entails daily consultations with leading casting directors and talent representatives throughout the nation, and has been featured numerous times on ABC TV, NBC TV and CBS TV nation-wide news and entertainment programs including featured guest appearances on Donahue, Good Morning America, Midday Live, PM Magazine and many others. His proteges include thousands of successful young performers such as:
Zachary David Cope
(Stir of Echoes, co-starring with Kevin Bacon)
Zachery Ty Bryan
(Click here for personal endorsement)
(ABC TV's Home Improvement, The Rage: Carrie 2, etc.)
Lori Loughlin
(NBC TV's Full House, Secret Admirer, Back to the Beach, etc.)
Rick Schroder
(The Champ, CBS TV's Silver Spoons, ABC TV's NYPD Blue, etc.)
Allison Smith
(Broadway's Annie, CBS TV's Kate and Allie, etc.)
Reese Witherspoon
(The Man in the Moon, Pleasantville, Cruel Intentions, Election, Twilight, etc.)
Carol-Ann Plante
(Click here for personal endorsement)
(NBC TV's Harry and the Hendersons, etc.)
Brian Bloom
(1985 Emmy Award Winner, CBS TV's As the World Turns, etc.)
Matt White
(Broadway's On Borrowed Time, etc.)
(Click here for actual Broadway Playbill credit)
Alisan Porter
(Curly Sue, Parenthood, etc.)
J.D. Roth
(FOX TV's Fun House, CBS TV's The Equalizer, etc.)
Missy Goldberg
(Click here for Broadway Playbill credit)
(ABC TV's The Saturday A.M. Posse, Broadway's Annie Warbucks, etc. )
(Click here for actual ABC TV credit)
Hal Goldberg
(Broadways' The Rothschilds, etc.)
Dennis Staroselsky
(PBS TV's Ghost Writers)
Kia Goodwin
(NBC TV's 227 with Marla Gibbs)
Jeffrey Landman
(Broadway's Les Miserables, Halloween V, etc.)
Tammy Amerson
(NBC TV's One Life to Live, etc.)
Pam Potillo
(NBC TV's The Cosby Show, WNYW TV's Wonderama, etc.)
Justin Henry
(Kramer vs. Kramer, Sixteen Candles, etc.)
Danny Peled
(Broadway's Conversations With My Father, ect.)
(Click here for actual Broadway Playbill endorsement)
Josh Blake
(NBC TV's Search for Tomorrow, NBC TV's Alf, etc.)
Sarah Jessica Parker
(HBO's Sex and the City, Hocus Pocus, LA Story, CBS TV's Square Pegs, Footloose, A Year In the Life, etc.)
Braden Danner
(Broadway's Les Miserables, Starlight Express, etc.)
Reuben Gaumez
(Lead Vocalist, Menudo)
Sarah Doroff
(Three Fugitives, etc.)
Ashlee Levitch
(Click here for professional credit)
(NBC TV's I'll Fly Away, etc.)

Back