Phantasy Star Universe

Xblood

Cadet
this game reminds me of .hack games omfg i want this game i been looking into it and i want itttt!!!! it came out today but it may be a few weeks be4 i get it :-( its for PS2 PC and Xbox360... if any1 is getting this game tell me cuz im gonna get it i just dont know when and i would like to hook up and maybe just beat the game in a day. :smiley:

I've been looking forward to playing this game but I'm waiting a bit to more or less let it 'season'. ;)
Remember, also shipped out today is the new .hack game. LoL

I am totally getting this game for the XBox 360... Might have to wait a few days, though. See, the closest place to get it is around 60 miles away. Looks like I won't be going up personally, though... My dad said he'd pick it up for me the next time he went up that way, so, you know... maybe a week, tops. :/ I really wanted to get it within a couple days of when it came out, but oh well...

I will definately pick this up as I'm a long time fan of Phantasy Star, and I'm eager to see how well done this entry is, I had a blast playing PSO though, so hopes are high.

well my friend just came over and fixed my PS2 some how so i guess ill get it for PS2 because i wont have to worrie about system requirements and i have a HDD in my PS2 so i can handle all the updates

I had pre-ordered this game but I had second thoughts after I heard it referred to as the "sci-fi Guild Wars". I liked Guild Wars but it just wasn't a mmorpg to me, so I cancelled my order. Luckily FFXII is out in a week, so that'll keep me busy a while.

i hated guild wars but this is more like a .hack game... if you have every played one of those games.. thats what PSU is like and idk what to get it on PC or PS2 because im reading the fourms and there both having server issues.. i guess because the game just came out

The PC and the PS2 share servers, dude. Also, comparing it to Guild Wars... Ugh, just no. I hated Guild Wars with a passion. Or, well, I didn't mind it, but it got so old, so quick, that I haven't played it since about two weeks after I got it.

I still haven't had the opportunity to get this yet, and it's driving me off the friggen' wall! Arg!

yeah i know PC and PS2 share same servers but im hearing that when you fight in the PS2 with a full group of 6 it lags like you in bullet time on the matrixs and PC they say the game doesnt support the mouse you have to use the keyboard

PS2: use a controller.. heh, you don't *need* the keyboard. Although, the PC is better since you can use everything. I'll know more tonight when I go home and my other half has stopped frothing at the mouth. It's hard to tear cognitive thought and comprehendable (sp?) words from someone who is a Phantasy Star Phreak sitting in front of a new Phantasy Star game ;)

<reminisces of days long gone of sitting in front of the Dreamcast playing Phantasy Star Online I & later PSO II>

I looked this game up... http://www.phantasystaruniverse.com, btw.

I dunno... After FFXI, Archlord, Rappelz, etc... I am pretty turned off by anything that has that Japan-amation feel to it. :-\ If that wasn't enough, it is also available on multiple consoles.. which brings up 2 of my least favourite words: "Console Port."

Let me know if this game is good, though, once one of you play it.

It's not "Japan-imation", Nav, it's called anime. The term "Japan-imation" annoys me to no end... Oh, and no, I'm not some big anime fanboy, or something, I just happen to like the style.

Also, this is totally different than any of the games you mentioned. But, whatever... Oh, and consoles rule. Not in terms of performance, but certainly in terms of enjoyment. At least, in my opinion. Also, it's not really what I'd think of as a "Console Port", because it was designed for both the PS2 and the PC at the same time. Granted, the XBox 360 got in a little late, but... Sega's good with consoles, I think.

The waiting's driving me insane. :(

I have rented it for the PS2, and I can't wait to play it on the PC. Yes, it is true you cannot use the mouse, for camera controls, on the PC, since there is no camera movement, as it stays behind you all the time. The PS2 version annoys me for one reason, the walking figures disappear the closer you get to them... unless you can talk to them. I guess it's to stop from having to render high definition models causing more game lag.

I want to see the PC version though. Also, it's not really anime-style, but I guess I see your point in it, it is close enough :smiley: That and I'm being picky. Phantasy Star Universe is very very much like Phantasy Star Online I & II (separate games, as I've not played the "2-in-1" game named PSO I & II). The graphics, menu's, gameplay in story mode... all make me reminisce about the Sega Dreamcast :smiley:

so on the PC there is no camra movement? because i hear that the PS2 lags online when a lot of people fight at once and on the PC i hear the controlls are ---.. can any1 tell me the controlls for PC.. and whats so bad about not being able to use the mouse?

Kuzzle said:
It's not "Japan-imation", Nav, it's called anime. The term "Japan-imation" annoys me to no end...
Why?

"Japanimation" (there's no hyphen), was a really, really, really widespread term for the art style, back in the 70s and 80s, when half of today's anime kids weren't even born.

The term simply fell into disuse as people started to use terms like anime; it wasn't "wrong", per se.

Personally, whenever I hear someone say it, or see someone write it, I think, "Old school... respect..." and I know they're probably in my age bracket, rather than get uptight about it.

Back