Season 2 Phase One Reaction

What did you think of "Phase One" (the post Super Bowl episode)

• 1 - It was Bad

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 2 - It was OK

• 3 - It was Good

• 4 - It was Great!

• 5 - One of the best ever! It was SO good!

• Total voters
then when the episode came on i was so happy with the ending i was actually like so so so so so so so so so happy he kissed her he finally kissed her they kissed eachother so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so cute.....need i say more :smiley: :smiley:

I just watched this episode for the first time fifteen minutes ago. All I can say is...WOW. This episode rocked, and it really threw everything around. The show is going to be totally different after this, and I can barely wait to see what will happen. What will Dixon do now?

Very impressive indeed.

I looooooooooove it! :blush: I can see that if you don't like Syd & Vaughn together you don't like this episode so much but I love them together :smiley:

Like nothing else. Unbelievable.

This episode had such an enormous impact on me that it's hard to explain. When the SD-6 was finally brought down, I was like: "What the... Are you kidding me?" I always thought this would be the very ending of the show. However, when the episode ended I was so stunned and amazed for a while that I couldn't do anything else but watch the commercials go on...

I'll probably never forget the day I saw it first time. Definitely the best episode ever. (y)

I know this is long overdue, but hindsight will do that to you. Does anyone else think that this episode was incredibly random? I mean, I was thinking about how they took down the Alliance, and I couldn't remember exactly what went into the discovery of the codes. So I looked up a transcript and it is just so... deus ex machina. I know it was Sloane's master plot, but... even so, it feels rushed to me.

What led up to it?

1. Sark mentions Server 47.
2. Sydney mentions it to her father.
3. The CIA finds the plane, just like that. All that goes into it is Vaughn saying 'We found Server 47'. The hell?
4. Conveniently the plane is guarded by Jabba the Hut and Syd fits into Leia's bikini.
5. The server apparently doesn't require passwords or fingerprints or identification of any kind to be hacked into.

Granted, after that it gets more emotional and complicated, but seriously... they're asking me to suspend the disbelief so high. I gave it an 'Ok', because it was good in theory, it just should have been... bigger. I mean, it's the realisation of Jack and Sydney's work. It was Sydney avenging Danny's murder. And it was almost completely out of the blue, rushed, and ultimately overshadowed by the Syd/Vaughn relationship.

Which, by the way, was ALSO weird in this episode. (I am in full rant-mode. I apologise). I don't know... I know that his speech in the Ops Centre was preceeded by their date-thing, but it still felt a little out of character for him to be so vocal. Couldn't he have waited until after the important, in the interest of the safety of the public/nation/world/universe briefing? At least then he would be trying to catch her before she left to go into more danger. But it was fine, I guess. That was just me nit-picking. He could have had any number of motivations.

But the recruits from Langley? FedExed over by Exposition Inc? I think they could have at least whacked us over the head with a mallet rather than the fricking Eiffel Tower. Does the CIA really want a dozen green-at-the-gills agents to be privy to such a sensitive, long-term project? Seems a little... fishy...

Plus, this episode marked the beginning of a sudden increase in the number of Skank!SpyBarbie missions. People think she's sexy. We get that. But she was smart too. Remember Color Blind? No skanking! Good spying! Smart, cool show! Sydney didn't really seduce people into giving up information before. She'd be attractive, but that wasn't the entire point of the mission.

I realise that I have gone into nit-pick mode also. My main point was this: Phase One; good in theory, rushed in execution. And the audience is only as smart as you allow them to be. In this we were treated like twelve year olds. The show was hard to follow if you hadn't seen it from the start but still... we could have handled being treated as though we were sixteen at least.

Whew, sorry. Needed to vent.

i agree with you.....i watched it again i didt understand it.......
i mean i dont care..just make it so we can get it hay :D

I just want to say. . . WOW! This episode is by far the best one of the whole series. All of the things that were building up were answered and more was introduced at the end that left you going "WHAAAA?" I loved the kiss too. That was THE highlight. I clapped for joy! Weiss was cute too. "Hey, guys." So funny! I love love love this episode!

Ok, so the episode was a little out there. but a tv writer has to keep up the mystery. Hard core fans, like us :D would know that some of it was a little random but they were at that time trying to get some more viewers. I will admit that it was lame to do so. But I am a fairly new fan and became one after watching all 4 previous seasons on DVD and I can say that I thoroughly enjoyed the episode. I am only now realizing after watching the whole series again for the third time that there are some holes. But, nontheless, I like them and I like Sydney and i like the show as a whole! I can forgive some of the "What?!!!" moments.

:D

Back