Sci-Fi Philosophies of a SciFi Mind

Tom

An Old Friend
I realized that we have had some really interesting discussions lately. I don't particularly like hijacking a thread for off-topic discussions no matter how active they are. In honor of those we have hijacked I created this thread for any topic. Not limited to one certain topic or subject we can discuss anything we want freely with no fear of going off-topic.
I will discuss anything you want, within reason and the scope of science, science fiction or fantasy. I refuse to discuss lewd or crude and it's best to keep it PG. We have young-ins here.

If you have a discussion that you want to discuss or continue to discuss that is off-topic in another post, please link us to that post so we can read into the discussion. If there is a past discussion in this topic that you wish to comment on, please quote the relevant post to your reply.

Now, whadayawanna talk about?

SCIENCEFICTIONALISM the Religion of the FUTURE

ScienceFictionalism is a new religion of the future. It is being created by time travelers from an indeterminate and undefinable future who ask to be determined and defined. ScienceFictionalism worships the future and tries to shape its direction to ensure that it {the future} continues. Its followers are more than futurists and transhumanists - Its followers are its creators - Its followers are time travelers who create time!

THE FUTURE IS NOW !!!

ScienceFictionalism worships the future and tries to shape its direction to ensure that it {the future} continues.
Even a time traveler that comes into the past is stuck in the present while there. When they return to the future they are then stuck in that present. If they then move to their future they become rooted in that present as well.

ScienceFictionalism is a new religion
ScienceFictionalism has been around since the beginning of the analytical mind. It is an ancient religion that has not been documented or quantified in history. It is a baseline religion that inhabits all other religions and even religions that say they are not religion.
ScienceFictionalism is based on chaos, creativity and imagination. The future is based on imagination. Creativity and imagination shape the future by actions based in the present that change conditions in the future. Actions in the present change the future in unpredictable and often seemingly insignificant ways.
Chaos works in the insignificant. "If a butterfly flaps its wings in China it rains in Argentina." Attempting to change the future to a precise present is impossible because the chaos changes insignificant things significantly over time.
ScienceFictionalism realizes this and embraces the unknown. It realizes that the Future can not be specifically written to a predictable outcome. It understands that the future is unwritten and worships the vastness of all the different possibilities.
Its followers are time travelers who create time!
This makes no sense to me at all? Even time travelers are subjected to duration. For all intents and purposes of discussion Duration is Time. Could you expand on this?
ScienceFictionalism is a new religion of the future. It is being created by time travelers from an indeterminate and undefinable future who ask to be determined and defined.
Perhaps you meant?
ScienceFictionalism is a religion of the future. It is being defined by time travelers from an indeterminate and undefinable future who ask to be determined and defined.
In a future that has time travelers, It is possible that their purpose may be based in defining ScienceFictionalism in history. To me the act is insignificant but there may be immense ramifications from it in future histories. Those ramifications could prove to be topic for some great discussions. Please expand...

Back