Sci-Fi picard series

Tom

An Old Friend

Frankly, I don't give a damn.
While I do respect Patrick Stewart's acting career and I did enjoy his role as Jean-Luc Picard in Star Trek:TNG I don't really see any reason to explore that character in depth in its own series.
To me, its just another lazy exercise to milk money from a fan-base.
Picard was only interesting in the Star Trek TNG environment. Nothing in and of the character was significant without the other character's interactions.
A series focused on Him alone would get boring pretty quick.
While Patrick Stewart would be able to play the role as written, the issue is not with his performance but the writing that would support the character.
Cashing in on the Star Trek dollar is understandable but what does it do to the memory of what was once a pretty good series?

RoachO

Cadet
Probably a hit. Why do we always have to go into the past of star trek, i'd love to see what came after voyager, can the federation carry on boldly going or will the run out of steam..... resistance is futile

Tom

An Old Friend
Umm, perhaps you don't realize it but StarTrek, like Star Wars has alreay exceeded its potential.
How many times do we want to beat this dead horse?
The innovative, science fiction ceativity is long since lost.
That's the thing about REAL SCIENCE FICTION, it needs to go where No Man Has Ever Gone Before and Star Trek is no longer doing that, just look at the mess they call Discovery.
Spock, really?
Are the writers that devoid of inspiration the need to bring Spock into the story?
Really?
I don't give a damn if it is a different timeline, Why do they need Spock in the first place?
Screw Star Trek.

Frankly, it pisses me off the writers are so lazy.

screenersam

This is news, Vincenzo, NEWS!
wouldn't mind seeing what the guy did after TNG

if it turns out to be a woke PC lecture I turn off quick.

Top Bottom