pick or choose

that picture of hillary clinton looks like Bilbo baggins in the freaky part in rivendale when he tries to take the ring from frodo. lol

KickinBama

Originally posted by HJ-Diviana@Apr 13 2006, 09:40 PM
click me!

Maybe that's why. ;)
Can't belive everything thats put into a magazine, let alone the internet. As of late, its almost becoming impossible to find any credible source.

Also the statistics are skewed. Look at the minority population. Not trying to be racist, but in my sociology book it puts minorities on the lower-end of the IQ level. Besides Asians. And the southeast states is 30%> minorities.

Still, not try to be racist, just trying to justify that statistic if it is correct.

I doubt the minority even vote that much.

I highly disagree with abortion being illegal.
And everyone has their own beliefs... Why does G. Bush have to center everything around god?

i don't believe much of anything put on a poll. by asking the right/wrong questions, you can come up with any answer you want.

lets see, hmm.... if all those smart people from the north/northeast are so smart, how did they get outsmarted by 59 million dumbasses??

doesn't that prove that IQ isn't much of a basis for determining who is right/wrong.

booksmarts only go so far. you can be a genius and still get run over crossing the street for not looking both ways.

USE YOUR HEADS PEOPLE!!!

KickinBama

Originally posted by killarai@Apr 14 2006, 07:52 AM
I doubt the minority even vote that much.

I highly disagree with abortion being illegal.
And everyone has their own beliefs... Why does G. Bush have to center everything around god?
Becuase the U.S. centers everything around god. You still have to remember that a good majority of the citizens of the United States are belivers in a god. Thus, you have to adjust policies around that.

True, but just like a good game... You also have to think about the little people...
The minority, even if they don't vote. ;)

I never said it was credible, I just figured it was about as credible as the pictures posted. :smiley:

Bush focuses everything around god, because this government is a "Christian government" and all the top christians and all of thier followers vote for him. Bush is a "gods man" and because of that, christians are pretty much automatically blinded by him. I would prefer to remove the religion from the government, but I doubt we'll ever do that.

It's a lot easier to be stupid (or ignorant if you prefer) than to work hard and be smart. Even if there are learning disablities, that doesn't mean without some hard work, you won't be as smart if not smarter than everyone else. The people in the northeast are a small percentage compared to the rest of the US. PLUS you can't forget that they cut up voting districts so that there are more republicans than democrats. Hasn't anyone wondered why they didn't just cut them up nice and neat, or into even amounts?

IQ shouldn't really be based on anything, I don't think IQs can possibly show how smart someone really is. All an IQ DOES measure is how much people already know, not their learning capabilities. Book smarts are just as important as street smarts, and that's why everyone should have a good combination of both.

The problem with illegalizing abortion is that if they are really not wanted, we're just going to go back to women trying to get rid of the baby themselves, and they can actually cause themselves to die. They will punch themselves in the stomach, jump down stairs, use hangers, etc.... All of which are extremely dangerous, and the last can cause internal bleeding and infections.. I can't see why war is right and abortion is wrong.
Iraq didn't even have anything to DO with 9/11 OR al-Qaeda, there were NO weapons there.. We had no reason to go, and now we've caused massive destruction and death, and we can't leave because they are in a civil war AND their army has no helmets, guns, trucks, SHOES, or FOOD..

Bush screwed up, and someday I hope he apologizes. I doubt he will.

On Bush's Call To Go To War

"I think he makes these decisions based on his instincts and then prays he's right." – Sen Joe Biden

It's a lot easier to be stupid (or ignorant if you prefer) than to work hard and be smart. Even if there are learning disablities, that doesn't mean without some hard work, you won't be as smart if not smarter than everyone else. The people in the northeast are a small percentage compared to the rest of the US. PLUS you can't forget that they cut up voting districts so that there are more republicans than democrats. Hasn't anyone wondered why they didn't just cut them up nice and neat, or into even amounts?

Didn't you knwo that was illegal, and hasn't been practiced for quite some time. Sorry, but the Supreme court actually sets the districts.

I'm not trying to be rude, but I believe you've gone way left.

Just wanted to add that while that nasty little practice was going on, it wasn't only republicans doing it either. It would have been stopped much earlier if one party had just caught the other party doing it.

As for my political affiliation? I consider myself a true republican - none of this neo-conservative bull flop. This might sound strange given the current state of the government, but I still remember when republicans wanted less power in the federal government, less taxings and a smaller federal budget. Bush has almost completely done a 360 on these old school ideals. I'm also an isolationist, which I feel fits a true conservative nature. Instead of waging war in foreign nations I would bolster the defenses of my own borders. I feel we really need to clean up our act here in the US before we go off and deal with the problems of other nations.

As for abortion? I feel its needed sometimes, like if the child will grow up in freakish misery or in extreme pain. I also support it when the mother is at a high risk of dying from the birth - but its there choice. Though it saddens me, I can see why women might want an abortion if they get raped as well. I don't support it for people who are too lazy to use condoms and won't take responsibility for their actions though. Sadly, they'll do gruesome and barbaric things if no legal alternative is offered though - like Diviana said.

Let me note, I don't have anything against republicans or democrats, and I think there are actually a lot of problems with both parties, and there is currently a lot of corruption on both sides of the government.

Nobody sticks to the ideals and ideas our country was founded on. They change it to fit what they want, and what suits their needs.

I don't consider myself a democrat or a republican. I hate trying to put myself into a label for anything, because nothing is exactly what I am. I am me and that is it. There are things both parties do that appeal to me, HOWEVER the government we have now has contorted and twisted the republican party into something that isn't very nice.

A lot of people don't know why they vote for who they vote for. I think a lot of people just pick a side and think that's right, or they vote for who their spouse or friends tell them to vote for.. People don't always see both sides, or even want to. I value learning as one of the highest things I can ever do, and I try to be open minded, so I listen to both sides.. I like Randi Rhodes and Mike Malloy a lot because they say what needs to be said, and they say it in a way that will make sense to anyone. Besides that they're both funny :D

I vote for whoever will have the best interest for everyone, not just a group of people. For people who want to make this country great, and not into what it is currently.

I mean, what positive things has Bush done for our country? Going to Iraq was a mistake, lying, cheating, spying, changing laws to fit his needs, taking away from social security, putting us into (a massive) debt.. Is there anything good he has done to outweigh that?

Originally posted by HJ-Diviana@Apr 14 2006, 09:44 PM
I would prefer to remove the religion from the government, but I doubt we'll ever do that.
I honestly don't see any other way of running a good government then with out religion. But like you said, too bad it will never happen.

Funny thing about the religion in the goverment is that were supposed to have freedom of religion but most seem to think that only means freedom to choose what kinda christian you want to be. Leading a country and being religious never have gone together well look at the middle east there countries run there goverments and religion very close together now look at japan a country that doesnt mix the two at all. now think wich has worked better over the test of time?

Originally posted by sial@Apr 15 2006, 07:51 PM
Funny thing about the religion in the goverment is that were supposed to have freedom of religion but most seem to think that only means freedom to choose what kinda christian you want to be. Leading a country and being religious never have gone together well look at the middle east there countries run there goverments and religion very close together now look at japan a country that doesnt mix the two at all. now think wich has worked better over the test of time?
Thats becuase people don't like a bunch of Muslims running around with towels. Sorry, but its true.

And everyone lives in a fantasy world. :P

Christianity is not followed as it was meant to be. It has evolved into something that is dark and hateful. There are true Christians, however they are not the majority. Christianity is not a religion, it is a tool. People use it to control others, and they use God as an excuse.

I feel like people turn to god so they have a way to relieve feeling bad about the bad things they do..

And........

The pope was a Hitler Youth, how screwed up is that?

Div... did the current pope have any say whether or not he would be a Hitler youth? Nope he sure didn't.

If one thinks facism no longer exists, they need only look at the current state of affairs to see otherwise.

And I argue that people have bad feelings about the things the bad things that they do because of god. But this is quite a philisophical debate and I hesitate to post more under this name. Perhaps I'll create another forum account and post under that.

If it takes a new username to get you out, go for it. These are just personal views and I don't think anyone would take it as otherwise.

I think people do the bad things, and then use god so they don't feel as bad about them. Of course they have bad feelings, but they feel like god can lighten that burden.

I just think god is not a consious being. God is the allowance of life.

Back