Feedback Pin It?

Gemma

Captain
What is Pin It?

I tried pressing the button and got a message saying there was no big images or videos on the page o_O

What gets pinned and where is it pinned to? :D

Ooops, you found one of my experiments. :D I'm working on a XenForo mod to allow people to post images to Pinterest (http://pinterest). The idea of Pinterest is essentially the sharing of images & videos that users can 'pin' to their created 'boards' to share with others.

There are a few technical challenges that present a hurdle to using it with forums but I'm working on some code to see if I can get around it. When I ever get around to converting my sci-fi site from vB to XF then I can see Pinterest being of interest there since a lot of images tend to get shared.

One of things that I can't get around is what you ran into... that on a page like this there are no large images & no videos so it shows a message saying nothing was found.

Interesting, never heard of it to be honest but it looks kinda neat :smiley:

Did a quick search when I first noticed it here and found this about integrating with ExpressionEngine; not sure if their code would be of any help with your project

Forums

I added this to my vbulletin site today. Pretty nifty little tool.

Might have a play about and see if I can get it working with the arcade :smiley:

I saw Joe's (BirdOPrey5) release... have you tried to see what happens if multiple images are posted in the same post? Looking at the script it looks like the "Pin It" button on the right side will only work with the first item found.

I saw Joe's (BirdOPrey5) release... have you tried to see what happens if multiple images are posted in the same post? Looking at the script it looks like the "Pin It" button on the right side will only work with the first item found.

Yes it only shows the first image, is it able to show multiple images? I read somewhere that there was an API in development but couldn't find it anywhere.

I got it to work with the arcade , it shows the standard image, game title and description. Couldn't get the counter to show initially but putting the <script>blah blah</script> code int he footer seemed to do the trick :smiley:

Yes it only shows the first image, is it able to show multiple images? I read somewhere that there was an API in development but couldn't find it anywhere.
There used to be a developers API but then they took it offline and change their FAQs that an official API is in development.

If you use the "Pin It" button in your browser (http://pinterest.com/about/goodies/) then you'll see all of the images on the page that it can find that you can select from. That approach is a more a 'shotgun' approach though in that the user needs to specify the image and then enter the description whereas using the explicit 'button per image' approach allows the explicit image URL & description to be pre-populated.

I got it to work with the arcade , it shows the standard image, game title and description. Couldn't get the counter to show initially but putting the <script>blah blah</script> code int he footer seemed to do the trick :smiley:
Oooh, you're just trying to make me play around with vB.

Back