Fantasy Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest (2006)

Title: Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest

Tagline: Captain Jack is back!

Genre: Adventure, Fantasy, Action

Director: Gore Verbinski

Cast: Johnny Depp, Orlando Bloom, Keira Knightley, Stellan Skarsgård, Bill Nighy, Jack Davenport, Kevin McNally, Jonathan Pryce, Lee Arenberg, Mackenzie Crook, Tom Hollander, Naomie Harris, David Bailie, Martin Klebba, David Schofield, Alex Norton, Dermot Keaney, Andy Beckwith, Clive Ashborn, Reggie Lee, Christopher Adamson, Jonathan Linsley, John Boswall, Max Baker, Steve Speirs, Lauren Maher, Vanessa Branch, Luke de Woolfson, Jonathan Kite, Ho-Kwan Tse, Peter Donald Badalamenti II, Christopher S. Capp, Donald Dowd, Barry McEvoy, Claudia Adams, Filip Cvijetic, Michael Enright, Geoffrey Rush

Release: 2006-07-06

Runtime: 151

Plot: Captain Jack Sparrow works his way out of a blood debt with the ghostly Davy Jones to avoid eternal damnation.
Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest (2006)

Looks like there is going to be another Pirates of the Caribbean coming out in 2005!!! This should be good, does any1 have anymr info on this??!

All I know is that they got Johnny Depp, Orlando Bloom, and Keira Knightly to all come back. I can't wait for it to come out though!!!

That's gonna be awesome!!! But how exactly are they gonna make a sequel..isn't the story kind of done? Oh well...I'm sure they'll think of something.

I can't wait for another POTC !
Now - I don't know about this - but a friend of mine stayed after the credits - and she said that monkey ( Jack ) in the end was swimming, swam up to the treasure chest, stole a piece, and became a skeleton. Also, she said that they're going to have Bootstrap Bill ( Orlando's dad ) in the next one because if you remember - he stole a piece of treasure and sent it to Orly - so technically when the pirates "killed" him he didn't die because he was a skeleton.

So - I'm not too sure about that - but I think whatever they do it'll be awesome as long as Johnny and Orly are there !!!!!!!

i think that there is a story worth telling behind potc about bootstrap bill. so if they tell as decent story ie. use a decent plot then it should be as good as the first one.
although they may have a decent plot but we might see hardly nething of orlndo or johnny and then it would b bad.
ukaliaschick :scotsman:

I think it'd be really cool to have the story be about Bootstrap Bill. Maybe they could go on a hunt to find him, and so the movie would still have mainly Johnny and Orlando in it. I wonder who they'll get to play Bootstrap...any guesses??

I stayed after the credits too, and saw the short preview with the mokey....should be good! I can't wait. I guess that would make since about Bootstrap, cuz technically he did commit mutiny with the rest of them and they didn't know about the curse when they 'killed' him....

IMPORTANT!!

Pirates, which grossed $300 million in domestic box office, may earn a distinction that's even more uncommon: back-to-back sequels shot in one simultaneous production. Recent successes which have followed the same format are Warner Bros.' "Matrix" sequels and New Line's "Lord of the Rings" trilogy. Sources close to the film say the producers are pondering the possibility of back-to-back sequels, and talks have begun to secure the cast should Disney pursue that avenue. Returning for at least one sequel are producer Jerry Bruckheimer, director Gore Verbinski, writers Terry Rossio and Ted Elliott (who haven't completed the script), and talent Johnny Depp, Orlando Bloom and Keira Knightley. No start date has been set yet.

Movie information in first post provided by The Movie Database