Dismiss Notice
Alien Soup is a free community for fans of science-fiction, horror, & fantasy! Everybody is welcome here.

pirates of the caribbean

Discussion in 'Movies' started by crazy spinster, Apr 6, 2003.

Tags:
  1. crazy spinster

crazy spinster Rocket Ranger

california. bay area or socal, depending.
    hey, did anyone see the trailer on abc just now?! holy felgercarb, that looked good!!

and orlando bloom looks even BETTER than he did in lotr!! and i'm really looking forward to seeing keira knightley. did anyone ever see that made for tv movie, "princess of thieves"? she was in that and she was pretty good. she also played the decoy in phantom menace.

oooh, i can't wait to see this!! :woot:

2. alias8000

alias8000 Rocket Ranger

No, I didn't but I saw something else on it! I didn't know that they were in it! Well, it's time to tell my friend, Sue Anne, the Orlando Bloom lover that he's in the movie.

ALIAS IS ON!!

3. Aliasfix

Aliasfix Beloved Non-TwitFace

I saw it! I downloaded it! I taped it! It rocks! :LOL: I'm obsessed, yes.

One site said, regarding the plot: "Johnny Depp and Orlando Bloom play pirates. Really, who cares about the plot?" :LOL:

But anyway, you can get the trailer and tons of screencaps of the trailer here: http://www.dailydigest.net/previewpirates2.html

4. Nad

Nad Rocket Ranger

OK I feel dumb! I just started a thread on Pirates and I just saw this one, sorry! It does look really good!

5. crazy spinster

mmmm...orlaaaaandoooooo.... i'm more looking forward to seeing him than johnny depp. johnny depp's character scares me a bit. did you know he actually had his teeth capped silver and gold for the role? now that's dedication.

but orlando...mmm...he looks so good. i think he looks better in this movie than he did in lotr. he just looks better with his natural brown hair. and the facial hair - totally digging it. ;) which is strange because i don't usually like facial hair on guys. :)

6. Scarlet Crystal

Scarlet Crystal Bibbity Rabbity

looks good... what's it rated, or is it not rated yet? if so, what will it probably be rated?

7. crazy spinster

it's not rated yet. but it looks to be pg-13. ;)

8. Nad

Nad Rocket Ranger

I agree, from the looks of the preview it will probably be PG-13, but it has not been rated yet. Orlando does look really good in the previews, he has a pretty big part too which is nice.

9. Nad

Nad Rocket Ranger

http://movies.yahoo.com/movies/feature/pir...ecaribbean.html

There is a picture of Johnny Depp and Orlando on this site.

Here is the plot: Set in the Caribbean Sea in the 17th century, this is the story of a gentleman rogue of a pirate, Jack Sparrow (Depp), who teams up with the daughter (Knightley) of a governor (Pryce) to stop the evil plan of a ship of dangerous pirates (led by Rush) who are trying to reverse an ancient curse that leaves them stuck between life and death, with the light of the moon revealing their skeletons, like some kind of undead monsters.

I'm really excited about this upcming movie!

10. *Agent Legolas*

*Agent Legolas* Rocket Ranger

POTC looks sooooooooooooooo good!!!! The only reason I'm going to see it is because of Orlando!!! :D :LOL: Keira gets to kiss him!!! Some people have all the luck!! :LOL:

11. Nad

Nad Rocket Ranger

Orlando Bloom's character will be Will. He is pretty much the "hero" of the story. He goes to save his childhood friend (of course a girl who is engaged). The full screenography is at the film's official site:

www.pirates.movies.com

or

http://bventertainment.go.com/movies/pirat...ates/index.html

This is the official website. Don't be too disappointed, it doesn't have very much on it at all at this point in time.

12. *Agent Legolas*

Cool!!! Thanks Nad!!! :D :woot:

13. Nad

Nad Rocket Ranger

No prob!

14. crazy spinster

of course orlando is the hero. who else would he be? :D

15. Vaughn_Lovah

Vaughn_Lovah Vaughn's Chin Fondler

Oh man I sat there and stared at it. I dont even think I blinked once. Ah I cant wait!!!!!!

-VL

16. totally4alias10

totally4alias10 Rocket Ranger

I can't wait to see that movie!!! But there is just about only one reason why........................................................................... :love:

17. *Agent Legolas*

Me too!! :D :LOL: :love: :whistle: :ROFLMAO:

18. Nad

Nad Rocket Ranger

The movie looks really good despite your one reason!

19. *Agent Legolas*

Yeah the movie does look really good beside the fact that Orlando is in it!!! :D :LOL:

20. ISpy10

ISpy10 Rocket Ranger

The trailer looks pretty cool! Orlando is in it, sure to be awesome