Fantasy Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest (2006)

I saw it at midnight last night. :D What an amazing movie! I loved it like a million times more than the first, which I didnt think was possible... ^_^

I liked it. Not as much as the first, though. I thought that too much of the humor was just rehashing the same jokes from the first one. The action was great, though.

I liked it. It's pretty funny. The ending was like wtf?!

did anyone else stay until all of the credits finished rolling?

--Mandy :angelic:

loved it! whoo! hahaa i actuaqlly had to watch it 2 times today. lol well anywayss..everyone go see it! i think it was better than the first. lol funnier, more action, scarier,and etcc.. lol it may be long but i guess it's wirth it.!

I just got back from seeing it, and I must say, it was worth it! I think that's one of the best sequels ever done! But I was still pissed at the ending...

:woot: :angry: (y)

^ Saw it with her. And, yes, I agree with everyone! It was really good, expecially for a sequel, 'cause usually they suck. Ugh, but now we have to wait to see what happens next :blink:

~Andrea :angelic:

Nothing happened after the credits, right (I'm assuming not because of the way it ended)? I was out of there sooo fast (had to pee so badly, lol :lol:smiley:

Not to burst everyone's bubble, but I really don't think this movie is all that great. I read a few A and F critic reviews before I watched the midnight show on opening night (which I shouldn't have wasted my time going to), and I even went in with an open mind, but I just kept waiting and waiting for it to either get to the good part or end. To me, the root cause of its failure to entertainment me was the overuse of comedy...BIG TIME! All the comedy did for it was make it look sloppy, cheesy, and unrealistic. As for the ending, I was so far away from caring by the time I watched the first two and a half hours of the movie, so I'm not even going to comment on it. Of course some of the avid fans of the first movie will deny everything I'm writing here, but it really is the truth folks. So, here's my advice for anyone who's thinking about going to this movie: 1) Don't waste your money and time to go see it unless you're an avid fan of the first one, because you WILL be dissapointed otherwise. 2) If you DO end up going, treat it like a comedy, because it will make it a bit more enjoyable for you to watch. Sorry to be so harsh on those of you who loved this movie, but it's just the way I (along with many others) feel about it. :smiley:

I loved it! I think it was better than the first. In the first one there's parts that I found boring but this one was good! I liked the comedy in it but I do like most comedy movies so that might be why.

And I'm not an avid fan of POTC I mean I like it but I'm not crazy over it. I still liked this one. I say if you saw the first one and liked it see the second one. Plus it isnt the "truth". It's your opinion.

So was anyone else severely disappointed? :( I sure was. -_- The things I enjoyed were Norrington's return (love that man... even more in the second movie), Jack (mostly), and some of the comedic bits, like the three-way fight scene on the island. Great snark there. Otherwise far too long, and there was even more stupid!Liz and stupid!Will. *sigh* Script, anyone? Check it? Before it comes out of the actors' mouths? kthx. And then Liz being a whore at the end. Wow. Just wow. :blink: I was not expecting that kind of badness!

well i definitely liked the first movie better - but this wasn't so bad
i was surprised at norringtons' return, but he was a good addition

loves: the whole water-wheel sequence, jack becomming a human frut kabaob = hillarious, the three way fight + elizabeths' hissyfit, the jar of dirty, surprisingly: the cliffy (so called that was barbossa in that jamacian chicks' cabin the first time around)

fav line: norrington: unique in this case meaning broken (or something like that)... oh and every time jack said bugger

not so loves: davy jones and everything about him... same with bill turner, elizabeth sucking face with jack and will seeing!!! (even if she was tricking him <_< )

can't wait for #3

I was also really disappointed. Firstly, there were just so many icky moments. Bill's first appearance, I think that someone's intestines were spilled on the deck during a fight scene and Jack BITING SOMEONE'S SEVERED TOE. Cries of disgust were aplenty.

Secondly, I have to agree that the comedy was overused. I liked the return of the two formerly undead pirates from the first movie, because I find them hilarious. Hee, the debate on the pronunciation of 'kraken' and what they want most in the world. That's the kind of low-key-ish comedy that worked in the first one, but what was with the Spinning Mousewheel of Motion Sickness and Doom? It seemed extremely unnecessary to me. But I may also be prejudiced against it because it did make me feel sick.

Oh! I just remembered a bit I did like! Elizabeth marionetting the dress. Twas funny. But I hated the way they edited the movie. The stupid ghost-dress-floats-hauntingly-down-into-depths-of-ocean 'transition' was so pointless it made me want to scream.

There was a reviewer who summed up my feelings about this movie thusly: About three quarters of the way in, you realise that this is a two and a half hour trailer for another movie which, by now, you no longer want to see.

Or something like that. I can't find the review. lesigh.

There was a reviewer who summed up my feelings about this movie thusly: About three quarters of the way in, you realise that this is a two and a half hour trailer for another movie which, by now, you no longer want to see.

Mmhmm I couldn't agree more. :(

A lot of people said they hated the editing/transitions, too. I was so appalled by the story (or lack thereof) that I kinda missed that. But I don't think I could see it again. :/

I did not think it was as delightful as the first one could be. At the same time, some scenes are really enjoyable as well as incredible! I thought it was quite long to start at the beginning, but they have to keep us attracted for more than 2 hours. Even though the story is not really there, it was still a good moment to share with friends.

Yeah, I'll probably end up seeing it eventually. The problem is pretty much all of my friends have already seen it, since it's been out for soooo long... Oh well, I'm sure I can find someone who will go and see it with me. Any volunteers? :P