Animation Planes: Fire & Rescue (2014)

Alien Soup

Head Chef
Title: Planes: Fire & Rescue

Tagline: When others fly out, heroes fly in.

Genre: Animation, Comedy, Adventure, Family

Director: Roberts Gannaway

Cast: Ed Harris, Dane Cook, Julie Bowen, Curtis Armstrong, John Michael Higgins, Hal Holbrook, Teri Hatcher, Brad Garrett, Wes Studi, Stacy Keach, Cedric the Entertainer, Danny Mann, Barry Corbin, Regina King, Anne Meara, Jerry Stiller, Fred Willard, Dale Dye, Matt Jones, Bryan Callen, Danny Pardo, Corri English, Kari Wahlgren, Patrick Warburton, René Auberjonois, René Auberjonois, Erik Estrada, Steve Schirripa, Brent Musburger, John Ratzenberger, Caroline Aaron, Ferrell Barron, Roberts Gannaway, Kate Micucci, Masasa Moyo, Brad Paisley

Release: 2014-07-17

Runtime: 83

Plot: When world-famous air racer Dusty learns that his engine is damaged and he may never race again, he must shift gears and is launched into the world of aerial firefighting. Dusty joins forces with veteran fire and rescue helicopter Blade Ranger and his team, a bunch of all-terrain vehicles known as The Smokejumpers. Together, the fearless team battles a massive wildfire, and Dusty learns what it takes to become a true hero.
Planes: Fire & Rescue (2014)

Planes, the Disney movie set in the world of Pixar's Cars, grossed $90MM in the US and $219MM internationally so far. A sequel was inevitable.

Planes: Fire & Rescue has Dusty (Dane Cook) the cropduster back to help a crew of firefighters as they battle a wildfire at Piston Peak

Well, my prediction was wrong, boats are not part of the the sequel.
I'm not having the best of days and needed something to take my mind off of stuff and I had this one on the DVR for while. A boat does make an appearance in this one... but it's not in water. :cautious:

This will keep kids entertained for a bit but story wise it isn't as attention grabbing as the original Planes which itself wasn't as attention grabbing as Cars.

Watching this a thought kept recurring to me.... why are there gauges on the inside of the cockpits?!