Sci-Fi Planet of the Apes (1968)

Robby

Helper Bot
Title: Planet of the Apes

Tagline: Somewhere in the Universe, there must be something better than man!

Genre: Science Fiction, Adventure, Drama, Action

Director: Franklin J. Schaffner

Cast: Charlton Heston, Roddy McDowall, Kim Hunter, Maurice Evans, James Whitmore, James Daly, Linda Harrison, Robert Gunner, Lou Wagner, Woodrow Parfrey, Jeff Burton, Buck Kartalian, Norman Burton, Wright King, Paul Lambert, Martin Abrahams, Army Archerd, James Bacon, Erlynn Mary Botelho, Priscilla Boyd, Eldon Burke, David Chow, Billy Curtis, Frank Delfino, Buddy Douglas, Chuck Fisher, William Graeff Jr., Lars Hensen, Irvin 'Zabo' Koszewski, Norma Jean Kron, Robert Lombardo, Jerry Maren, Cass Martin, Stephan Merjanian, Harry Monty, John Quijada, Smokey Roberds, Dave Rodgers, Jane Ross, George Sasaki, Felix Silla, Emory Souza, Dianne Stanley, Joe Tornatore

Release: 1968-02-07

Runtime: 112

Plot: An U.S. Spaceship lands on a desolate planet, stranding astronaut Taylor in a world dominated by apes, 2000 years into the future, who use a primitive race of humans for experimentation and sport. Soon Taylor finds himself among the hunted, his life in the hands of a benevolent chimpanzee scientist.
Planet of the Apes (1968)

The original Planet and Beneath The Planet are my old school favorites.

The new class of Rise and Dawn are amazing though too. Things could have gone horribly wrong...and I personally love Matt Reeves handling the current revival. He's a genius. :watching:

I haven't actually seen the original J. Shaffner masterpiece In years. I'll probably actually dust it off and watch it later.

@Jalkesteir How do you feel about about the Mark Wahlberg version?

Tim Burton clearly tried. I'm more upset we never got some sort of sequel to it... that ending begs a continuation, even on a small scale, under his helm. Its a film that will be forgotten by most over time but doesn't fail to deliver some quilty pleasures and genuine moments of inspiration.

Back