Please Come Back To Me

luce

xoxo
Title: Please Come Back To Me
Author: Lucy
Summary: Set during 3x02 Succession, I didn’t like the way the scene in Vaughn’s French class ended, so I wrote it my way. S/V fluff
Disclaimer: I own nothing to do with Alias, I am just using it, like Lauren used Vaughn, to have some fun and write a story, so yeah, pls don’t sue me!

“So before you tell me you can handle my coming back to the CIA there are two things you need to know. First, is that I was so in love with you, it nearly killed me, and second that I don’t regret moving on with my life.”

------------

Sydney stood with her arms folded as she slowly lowered her head to the ground beneath her. She was shocked by Vaughn’s confession, and heartbroken at the same time. ‘I don’t regret moving on with my life’ were the only words swirling around in her head. Rational thought was thrown right out the window at that exact moment. Confusion, anger, sadness, disappointment…love. She could not let the only man she truly loved walk away from her and out of her life, not this time…not ever.

She raised her head and glanced over briefly at Vaughn, who had struck a similar position as her. He was standing with his head lowered and arms folded across his chest. His negative body language was killing her inside.

She waited nervously for him to raise his head and meet her gaze. Eventually he gave in and raised his head ever so slowly.

“Vaughn,” she said calmly, once she had gained eye contact

“Syd don’t, please,” he replied in an attempt to spare his heart from further torture.

At this point they both had tears in their eyes. They each stood opposite the other, neither knowing what to say, but the silence was destroying them both. Words slowly began to escape her. She couldn’t think of how to express her feelings to the man she had loved since the moment she met him.

They were just staring at each other. Sydney sighed and began to walk closer towards him. They were now only a foot or so apart. Syd uncrossed her arms, and gently placed her hands on his cheeks, cupping his face in the palm of her hands.

“Vaughn, I know that were not where we were, that you have moved on, and to be honest that kills me, and you know that. What I said before at the hospital…I was hurt, you hurt me, I reacted irresponsibly and I’m sorry.” She said as she gazed longingly up at him.

Vaughn wasn’t sure how to respond to this. He simply uncrossed his arms, and placed his hands over hers, holding on ever so lightly.

“Syd, I’m sorry, we can’t do this. You know that as well as I do.” He admitted, as he gently removed her hands from his face. She just looked up at him, her eyes full of disappointment and sadness. He could see this, and knew that he was the reason for it. In the past, he had known exactly what to do, and how to heal her pain, but things were different now. He was married, and it wasn’t to Sydney Bristow.

Vaughn still held her hands in his. He pulled their hands together, and placed them over his heart. She could feel the beating through his shirt, and remembered how many times in the past they had been in a similar position just relishing being in each other’s company.

Syd removed her hands from his and placed them on the back of his neck. She left them there for a while as they both stood gazing into each other’s eyes. She pulled him into a sombre hug, which lasted a few minutes. He responded by placing his hands on her back almost awkwardly, knowing what he was doing was a blatant betrayal of his wife. His head was on her shoulder and he was just breathing her in. He could remember the smell of her shampoo and that smell had not changed over the past two years. Standing in each other’s arms, it almost felt as if the past had been erased. Neither of them wanted to end their embrace, but both knew that it was wrong.

Sydney slowly pulled away from Vaughn and lifted her head off his shoulder. She kept her face close to his as she pulled back, and placed a stray piece of hair behind her right ear. She baked away only far enough so she could still look into his emerald eyes. She leaned back in and placed a lingering kiss on his right cheek, as more tears appeared in her eyes. This time she expelled no effort in holding them in. She let them flow freely now. It was a gesture similar to that of a good bye, Syd had to accept that the Vaughn standing in front of her, was not the same man she knew two years ago.

Vaughn could tell just how much she was hurting inside, and he wondered if she thought he was hurting too, because, by god he was. He hated seeing her like this, knowing that he could comfort her, but that was all. He could now only offer emotional support, no longer able to console her physically.

Gently he raised his hands and placed them on her cheeks, returning the earlier gesture from her. He used his thumbs to clear her face of tears, calmly smoothing her face.

“Syd, I don’t know how to do this,” he began in a whisper. She looked up at him silently asking for him to continue. “I have moved on with my life. I married Lauren, but thinking of you, being here with you, I feel at peace, like this is where I am supposed to be. But I know that is not possible. You died, I buried you.” He said as his eyes swelled with tears.

There were no words uttered by either of them after Vaughn’s confession. They simply stood looking at each other. Syd ran his last words through her head over and over, ‘I feel at peace like this is where I am supposed to be.’ Butterflies were now flying through her stomach. Is this really happening? She wondered.

A million thoughts were flying through Vaughn’s head at that moment. He had moved on, with Lauren, but Sydney still had his heart. She stole it on October 1st, and never gave it back. Truth was, he didn’t want it back, it belonged to her and he felt it was safe with her, not that he didn’t trust Lauren, he did. Or at least he thought he did. Confusion was the only emotion that he recognised floating in his head. Sydney …Lauren… Sydney! Suddenly it dawned on him, had he married the wrong woman? The answer was of course…yes.

What happened next surprised not only her, but Vaughn as well. He was holding her face in his hands and she had her hands over his. They were emotionally and physically connected once again. Their gaze intensified as Vaughn was now close to tears. He leaned down, placed his lips on hers and captured her in a slow, soft, lingering kiss. At first Syd was still and unresponsive, but as Vaughn intensified the kiss, she responded with the same desire and lust. It was so natural for them both; it felt to them as though the past was forgotten. Sydney pulled slowly away from Vaughn, much to his surprise; he never wanted this moment to end.

“Vaughn, when you told me you were married, my heart broke. I was so surprised that all I could do was smile and attempt to accept it. But I can’t do that anymore. I’ve lost you, forever, and I can’t deal with that, and I won’t. I love you too much to let you walk away from me and out of my life.” Sydney was now crying, and Vaughn’s thumbs were working overtime to clear the tears off her face.

“Syd, its alright don’t cry, please, come here,” Vaughn said as he kissed her forehead and pulled her into his arms, where he knew she loved to be. He held her tighter than ever before, the love now very evident between the two. Vaughn wanted to look at her, into the depths of her soul, so he pulled back, looked into her eyes and held her hands in his.

“The truth is Syd, that I miss you so much, and I didn’t really mean what I said before. I was protecting myself from getting hurt when I said that I don’t regret moving on with my life, because the truth is I do regret the past two years every day, when I wake up every morning next to Lauren and not you. It kills me, I think of you constantly.” He said as he brought her hands to his lips and placed feather light kisses across her knuckles.

“The truth is Sydney Bristow, that I love you, more than life itself.” He admitted. Vaughn gazed at Sydney trying to see into her eyes and read what she was thinking at that exact moment.

Sydney didn’t need to say anything more. She simply placed his hands around her waist and once again took his face in her hands and leaned upwards and planted a passionate kiss on his lips. They were oblivious to the world around them, and only broke the kiss to utter, the most important words in the world to each other.

Syd cleared her throat, and without breaking their intense gaze she told him how she had felt since that one day in October.

“I love you Michael, so much,” she said as she ran her hand down the side of his face and ran her thumb through the cleft in his chin.

Vaughn looked lovingly back down at her and uttered the words she had longed to hear.

“I love you too.” He replied as he placed a stray lock of hair behind her left ear.

---------------

Okay, so that was my second attempt at fan fic! I hope you like it; I had a lot of fun writing it! There was no plan to it, I just let the creative juices flow…well, you know what I mean! This is a one parter, so there will be no updates! :smiley:

Please r&r, comments are always appreciated! Thanks for reading!
:smiley:

this is so good!! esp this:

"The truth is Sydney Bristow, that I love you, more than life itself.” He admitted. Vaughn gazed at Sydney trying to see into her eyes and read what she was thinking at that exact moment.

:love: yes this is how I feel exactly too about how much Vaughn loves Syd...

That was so sweet!
I loved it
Hey, maybe you can continue it and re-write season 3 so it doesn't stink anymore?
Thanks for the PM!

Good idea stealthy!! Maybe one day....or perhaps when season 4 starts, we'll all forget the horrors of season 3!! :smiley:

We can all live in hope anyway!!

Glad everyone liked it, i loved writing it! :smiley: Thanks for all the comments, did i mention i love quotes!?!?!

:cry: :cry: :cry:

*sniff* awww.. that was beautiful!! i *would* quote.. but i'd end up quoting every single word of that fic and just saying "awww" a million times after it and make myself look like a crazy person.. so im just gonna say it once..

AWWWW!!

i absolutely *lOVed* it!! its a shame it has to just end there... :(

Cai
:miniflower:

that was beautifully written!
i :love: it!

you did their feelings so well and i think you should mail that to JJ and ask him if he can re-do that scene and then redo all of season three!

that was wonderfull!

luv JuJu :harp:

hey- so cute!
Sydney was now crying, and Vaughn’s thumbs were working overtime to clear the tears off her face.
I found this really funny! I dont know why but i did! :D
it was such a cute fic!!!!! and defently what we all wanted S3 2 b like!

Back