Season 4 Please give your opinion on some questions I have

cgpooh1

Cadet
OK, here's my thoughts. Please tell me what you think

Did Syd tell Vaughn only part of what was in the Wittenberg Docs?
The docs were clearly about a "project" that is clearly sydney and started on her birthdate. The request from Jack might have been with the SAB documents, but her explanation to vaughn does not address what we clearly saw in the first pages.

Did Syd know her mom was dead before seeing the Wittenberg Documents?

Dyd Syd really find and bury Irina? Did she make up that whole story for Nadia?
If she's not really buried there, how could Syd bring Nadia there so quickly?

When Sloan asked Jack if he told Syd the "whole" truth, was the rest of it the fact that Irina put a hit on Sydney and that's whe he killed her or is it what else the documents said about Project SAB? (ie Sydney being engineered or created or whatever project SAB is)

I think the answer to all those questions is that nobody really knows yet! ^_^ The document we saw last season had nothing to do with Irina, and Syd didn't mention it, so that either means she's holding something back that will be dealt with later, or the writers decided to follow another course and basically rewrite the past, making that document one of the least important of the ones that she saw.

I don't think Syd knew Irina was dead before she saw the documents. That (and the fact that Jack was ordered and obtained permsission to kill her) was the reason she was so upset.

We probably won't know for some time whether Syd really buried Irina, or if she did, whether it really was Irina. We also won't know for awhile what the "whole" truth was that Sloane was referring to.

Unless, of course, the answers in this case are the obvious ones - that Irina is really dead and buried, and the fact that she ordered a hit on Syd is the secret Jack was trying to keep from her. Since J.J. Abrams wants to keep the show simpler, more streamlined, and the episodes more self-contained, maybe we have to stop looking into things as deeply as we're accustomed to. As a fan of that aspect of the show, I'd really hate to see that happen. I hope it's not the case.

i think she made it up for nadia's sake because nadia didn't know Irina was her mother or that she was an enemy lol

cgpooh1 said:
The docs were clearly about a "project" that is clearly sydney and started on her birthdate.  The request from Jack might have been with the SAB documents, but her explanation to vaughn does not address what we clearly saw in the first pages.

I think the project as we saw it on the front page was simply referring to a project started by Jack, the CIA , whoever to protect sydney - the rest of the documents however were all the info about jack killing irina - it referred to project SAB47 because it protected sydney. so in her explanation to vaughn syd told him what she had found - that her mum had been killed by her dad - thats what she was upset about!!

the only thing about it which might need a little more explanation is what Lauren said about syd not knowing sho controlled her - this seems to imply something nastier on jacks part about the SAB47 project - that it is not simply a protection plan - but if syd found more than the stuff about her dad killing her mum then I think she woul dhave mentioned it. the lauren line was probably just more felgercarb from season 3 which doesnt make sense and was simply to set up the cliffhanger.

i mean whatever happened to syd and nadia killing each other!! :rolleyes:

not that we know.

Dyd Syd really find and bury Irina?  Did she make up that whole story for Nadia?
If she's not really buried there, how could Syd bring Nadia there so quickly?
no idea.

When Sloane asked Jack if he told Syd the "whole" truth, was the rest of it the fact that Irina put a hit on Sydney and that's whe he killed her or is it what else the documents said about Project SAB? (ie Sydney being engineered or created or whatever project SAB is)
[post="1147498"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​
yeah i think it simply referered to the fact it was jack who killed irina. ;)

first of all, JJ clearly did NOT "Reverse the course of history" and make the documents just relating to jack killing irena. in the flashback scene they showed, it again showed VERY CLEARLY the SAB page. this was deliberate.

also, i dont think that jack and lauren had a terriffic rapport going on last season, so if it was a new safety deposit box, then how would lauren have known about it?

at this point, what im going with is that it was a box used by jack to store documents relating to sydney.

problems with my hypothesis:
1) how does lauren, and laurens mom and that whole sect, know about this? and that locker specifically? how are they related? or is it just lauren, who was wanting out of that group of people, and was doing investigation on her own against her employers? and then what is the connection between her employers and sydney's? etc.

2) sydney's reaction and the surrounding dialog in eps 1 and 2 seemed to deal only with jacked supposed killing of irena. this one has a much easier explanation than 1), however, and that is sloane's brief exchange. somehow, whenever its sloane and jack involved, it's never _just_ referring to the obvious, in this case jack killing irena and because of irena's contract for sydney.

now let ME ask some questions (and not just hypothetical, either. my memory's not so good, and these may have been covered last season :( ).

Nadia seems pretty quick to want to avenge Irena's death. Why? what was their relationship like? I thought Nadia was the lost Passenger, that no one knew where she was. And in her position, Syd certainly wasnt anxious to avenge her father (not exactly her position that i can think of, but just syd and jack's general relationship over the course of the show)

another of the memory things: what was the purpose of APO? to have more flexibility and less oversight? ok, but for what purpose? they're downplaying rambaldi in this season, ok, but then what's the new "nemesis" this season? whats the _real_ reason for APO?

jeremy108 said:
Nadia seems pretty quick to want to avenge Irena's death. Why? what was their relationship like? I thought Nadia was the lost Passenger, that no one knew where she was. And in her position, Syd certainly wasnt anxious to avenge her father (not exactly her position that i can think of, but just syd and jack's general relationship over the course of the show)
[post="1148035"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​
During season 3 Nadia was an "orphan" she didn't know about her mother or father. It seems very contrived for her to suddenly ask Syd about their mother.

I think she told him most of it but I do believe that she left some of it out...which means we don't know either! Ahh!

I'm pretty positive she didn't know about her mom...I mean how would she have?

I think she made up the story...I mean it had only been like 2 days since she found out when would she have tiime to find her and then bury her ya know?

I think the rest was the whole Irina thing...

Absolutely. There's a lot more there. For instance, SAB47.

No way. :blink:

Made it up. Definitely. As you said, too quick.

When Sloane asked Jack if he told Syd the "whole" truth, was the rest of it the fact that Irina put a hit on Sydney and that's whe he killed her or is it what else the documents said about Project SAB? (ie Sydney being engineered or created or whatever project SAB is)

I personally think not only is there more, to do with SAB47, but also that it may have to do with Vaughn being the actual agent who killed Irina.

C'mon. You are just all in denial. JJ didn't know what the documents were going to be and just thought afterwards that it would be a good idea to make Irina dead this way. If there's nothing else then JJ loses my respect.

There has to be more than just Jack killing Irina otherwise that wouldn't make sense, why would the project be Sydneys initials and start the day she was born? especially if she didn't have anything else to do with the CIA then??

And there is absolutely no way Sydney would have known before reading those documents otherwise why would she looked so shocked? I also think the documents contain more than what Sydney is letting on. Maybe she didn't tell Vaughn because it has something to do with him or effect him in some way??

I think she was very angry because whoever killed her mother never gave her and chance to know Irinaand see who she was and what she was really like. I mean I think everyone would want to find out who was responsible for their mother's death.

Back