Please pity me...

More power to you. I tried one of the free trials once. Waited in a queue for about 5 hours to get on a server to create a character.

Yah, didn't quite take to WoW.

WoW really isn't a bad game by any measure. Folks have their gripes, but over all the game's just too well made for anyone to gain ground against it. I quit, probably won't play again, but I did enjoy my time there and really give Blizzard props for another well made game. Be it their first true MMORPG.

I share your opinion, Luciro. I was seriously tempted to go back especially since I still know so many people who play. In the end I resisted though and that probably spells the end of my WoW playing days.

I really don't understand why so many are so venomous towards it..I agree that it's a well made game that accomplishes what it set out to do and has AMAZING textures (not models, just textures). If you've ever seen one of their Naga taken apart piece by piece with the texture laid flat, you would understand what I mean. I however wont be playing again since it got to the point that, if I were playing a druid or rogue, I didn't always need a group to complete a dungeon around my level.

I'm not venomous by any means. It just wasn't the game for me, therefore I don't play.

I did see a lot of venom being spat regarding WoW in the Vanguard crowd. Mostly in terms of folks throwing out "Go back to Wow!" a lot.

There's a two-fold reason why so much venom is spat at WoW, from what i've seen of the VG crowd at least. 1. The initial launch was primarily PVP, and cartoony, so the vast majority of the players were believed to be kids (or at least acted like it) and 2. The game was in easy mode. Short of the raiding, there wasnt any challenge to the game (for me at least), and was ultimately very boring.

Not bashing the game, as I actually enjoyed the hunter class for as long as i played, it was the game in general that just couldnt hold my attention.

I think the biggest gripe wasn't the game itself. The graphics had its own artistic feel, and the music post-Burning Crusade is absolutely stellar.

I believe the biggest gripe was the community that surrounded it.

The population was so mammoth that it attracted all kinds of good and bad people and made a great deluge of attitudes that often clashed with some and overwhelmed others. After months, the better folk either grew silent or departed all together.

Roleplay was very strong and widespread in that game for so long. Now the abundance has dried up to isolated pools and pockets of roleplay communities that manage to eke out an existance on roleplay servers that should hardly be labeled as such. I've managed to have one roleplay encounter since I re-subbed almost a month ago but it was pre-planned, not spontaneous. I miss the days where I could see it everywhere.

I play now because some friends and family still play it, and when I have time, it gives me a chance to play a game with them. That's about it, though.

Still.. being like that towards a game OR company that doesn't have a personal vendetta against the negative person seems more childish than saying "noob" in my eyes. With the Vanguard crowd going so much against the game, it felt sort of like high school or even middle school where it was popular to hate Britney Spears, so no one never admitted that they liked any of her music.

Back