Please recommend me some new books....

bellatrix

Cadet
Can anyone help out by recommending some new sci fi books around?
I'm a fan of the likes of Arthur C Clarke, Kurt Vonnegut, David Mitchell, Stephen King, Phillip K. Dick, Conniw Willis...but I want to expand!

I like both trashy pop stuff and something with a bit of gravity....

Hook a girl up!

I like Jack McDevitt's books. future, tech, exploration, people pondering what's-out-there. I think Omega was my favorite. He occasionally throws some snarky politics in but nothing intrusive. minimal strong language, no graphic blood/sex.

Better Undead #1 and #2 are both funny, but are building toward something with a little more gravity. It's not all about zombies, and I think anyone that reads them would enjoy them. So I'm popping up the links to each and I hope you like them!

BU#2 : http://www.amazon.com/Better-Undead-2-ebook/dp/B00CRS0KMQ/ref=sr_1_30?ie=UTF8&qid=1368730256&sr=8-30&keywords=better undead

BU#1 : Better Undead #1 - Kindle edition by Zoglo the Outlaw, Miranda Crow. Literature & Fiction Kindle eBooks @ Amazon.com.

Try some o' these, Sweetie:
Apprentice Adept series by Piers Anthony
Amber Chronicles series by Roger Zelazny
Barsoom series by Edgar Rice Burroughs
Frankenstein by Mary Shelly
Dracula by Bram Stoker
1984 by George Orwell
Foundation Trilogy by Isaac Asimov

None of these are what you'd call new, but they are all favorites of mine.

I'm a fan of the likes of Arthur C Clarke, Kurt Vonnegut, David Mitchell, Stephen King, Phillip K. Dick, Conniw Willis...but I want to expand!

Hook a girl up!

I just finished the 5th book in a series by a new writer. I liked them very much. The first book is "Recovery of a Colony Ship" by John Thornton. Its on kindle or printed. http://www.amazon.com/Recovery-Colony-Ship-Eschaton-ebook/dp/B00B6BRDT8/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1371582446&sr=8-1&keywords=colony ship

Good sci fi, but also with some twists. I dont want to give spoilers, but I think you will like the series. Maybe not quite A+ writing like the authors you mention, but solid B+ with fresh new stories and good characters. In fact, each book got better and better as I read.

If you like Vampires then Ann Rice's Vampire chronicles and the Witches chronicles are good. Especially Memnock the Devil and The Witching Hour.... go on to read Lasher and Taltos as well... Forget the movies they have not a patch on the books.

Just started my own project. Space related stuffs but still not finished, require supporters.

Ascendria : Warriors of Old

A multimedia novel containing story of war veterans. 5 unique star systems orbiting a giant star. An ancient & advanced alien being known as the Vizzar.

Some new characters and species names. Concepts such as Stellar economics or Planetary Art.

Planks, by SC Harrison, is an excellent short horror read.

I am halfway through Gold & Glass by EC Tobler, and really like it so far, if you're into steampunk.

Check out our hot new novel "Alpha Gene" on kindle and paperback.

Ever since he was a young boy, he´s been fascinated by the 10% theory; that one that speaks about how humans only use an effective 10% of the brain´s full capacity. Now a successful scientist, Doctor Lucas McKenna, has the time and means to pursue his research on developing a strain that could activate the rest of the brain matter that presumably lies asleep. But the sudden death of his long time friend and partner, and the fact that he´s accused of his murder, takes him on an unexpected journey into the small town of Temple Ville, where he learns nature´s plan for evolution is already on the way. A new generation is here, loaded with superpowers!! Telekinesis, mind reading, invisibility, super strength, healing miracles and much more!!

Here´s the link: Alpha Gene: Huerta, Angel M.: 9780989501408: Amazon.com: Books

Enjoy!!

The Last Englishman and the Bubble - a dystopian SF novel

Is Kris the last man on Earth? Why does he live in a shack on a lonely Norfolk beach? What happened to the love of his life Samantha? How does he survive alone in a desolate England populated by packs of wild dogs? What event caused everyone to disappear? And ultimately, will Kris die alone with no one to read his story?

This is my first novel...
Available on Kindle here:
http://www.amazon.com/Last-Englishman-Bubble-ebook/dp/B00CBVFVU0/ref=sr_1_1_title_1_kin?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1374146913&sr=1-1

Or as a paperback here:
https://www.createspace.com/4353850

I hope you like it...

Hook a girl up!

Does this sound the kind you would like?

Set in 1950's Southern Ireland: on his tenth birthday, David Knight finds himself admitted by his wicked stepfather to a church run boarding school for the bad boys. he was virtually sent to prison without a trial or even a criminal offence, if not worse than prison. He is molested by one of the monks there then sent to the mental asylum for complaining to the head monk.

At the asylum, David cries himself to sleep one night thinking what he might have made of his adult life with his talent for science if he hadn't been put in there for ever.

In the morning he wakes up to find he's been kidnapped from the asylum by Arthur King: the hero and finds himself on a thrilling scientific adventure.

That's The Magic Of The Floating Lady available at Amazon Kindle books.

Hook a girl up!

I got this random book called Horace and the Moleman. Very Philip K. Dickish
You can find it at amazon. Never seen it in the bookstore.
I'm about 3/4 through and it is on its way to becoming my all-time favorite book.

Back