Dismiss Notice
Alien Soup is a free community for fans of science-fiction, horror, & fantasy! Everybody is welcome here.

Points System

Discussion in 'Site-Related News' started by Azhria Lilu, Apr 21, 2003.

1. Azhria Lilu

Azhria Lilu Rocket Ranger

We have introduced a points system. If you click on the name of any registered user in their posts or in the active user list, you will see a field called "points".

NOTE: Currently, only admins can see this, and we are working on a fix, although we may have to wait for a new version of our forum software, which is not released yet.

So what are points you ask?

Points are an AllAlias.com currency of sorts. You earn points by helping out the community and winning contests. You can use them to get your own custom member title (instead of being "Walk In" or "Secret Agent", you can be anything you want), to change your username, and lots of other cool stuff. You can also loose points if you do something out of line.

Currently everyone (except team members) has no points. Look for contests and other ways to get points, as well as information on how to use your points coming in the days ahead.

On another note, a new newsletter issue has been sent out to those who subscribe to it (If you don't already, what are you waiting for? It's free) (and by the way, that's over 800 people who subscribe to it).

[​IMG]

2. AliasHombre

AliasHombre Rocket Ranger

yay charlie, good idea

3. a.k.a.Kate_Jones

a.k.a.Kate_Jones Rocket Ranger

coolio, Charlie-o! (today is O day. :D)

4. AliasHombre

AliasHombre Rocket Ranger

i dun see the points field

5. AliasALIAS

AliasALIAS Guest

You have to click on a person's username. It's found in the user profile. ;)

6. musically83

musically83 Rocket Ranger

ok now I'm confused...I've tried clicking on my own name where i've posted and also yours, aliasalias...and I can't find the points column...maybe I'm blind but I can't find it! Is it in active stats, communicate, information or posting details...or am I on the wrong page? please help...and is there a thread where all points opportunities will be posted?

7. AliasALIAS

AliasALIAS Guest

This is where it is. Currently, Team members have 100 points, but Members have 'No Information.'

8. vaughnmyangel

vaughnmyangel Rocket Ranger

how awesomely awesome!!!!

9. Sarah

Sarah Guest

WOW!! THIS IS AWSOME!! GREAT IDEA!! [​IMG] [​IMG]

10. GO Syd

GO Syd Rocket Ranger

what can we use them for

11. AliasALIAS

AliasALIAS Guest

Custom member titles, changing your username, and other things TBA

12. vaughnmyangel

vaughnmyangel Rocket Ranger

i am confused about the helping community part...how do you help the community?

13. alias8000

alias8000 Rocket Ranger

This is a good idea but I have the same question as Anneka.

14. turnipcouch134

turnipcouch134 Rocket Ranger

Ya Anneka! And I don't even get why we have points...

Also like the other people. I looked all over the place and I couldn't find the points! Does that mean I don't have any????

15. SiriCerasi

SiriCerasi Rocket Ranger

same here! I cant find them :confused:

16. Azalea

Azalea Azy in Wonderland

I've looked on every member's list who's posted on this thread, but they're not there. There isn't even a space for points.

17. Azhria Lilu

Find them: All members currently have "No Information". We are working on displaying the number of points next to everyone's posts, but this won't be possible until we upgrade the forum software to a currently-not-yet-released version.

How to "help the community": The "Got Ideas?" thread would be an example, and more will be seen soon.

18. Marlene

Marlene Guest

no points?!? :( must get some!

19. Marlene

Marlene Guest

theres no space 4 points....Azalea is right...

20. Azhria Lilu

NOTE: I just found out that it seems only admins can see them. The only way to fix this is to allow people to edit their own "Points" field, which is not a good thing.