Action Polar (2019) ~ NetFlix Comic-To-Film

Tom

An Old Friend
Polar (2019)

TV-MA | 1h 58min | Action, Crime | 25 January 2019 (USA)

Polar Poster

Director:
Jonas Åkerlund

Writers:
Jayson Rothwell (screenplay by), Víctor Santos (based on the Dark Horse graphic novel "Polar: Came from the cold" by)

Stars:
Mads Mikkelsen, Vanessa Hudgens, Katheryn Winnick

The world's top assassin, Duncan Vizla, is settling into retirement when his former employer marks him as a liability to the firm. Against his will, he finds himself back in the game going head to head with an army of younger killers.

I'm finding that I like the Netflix films more often than not.
Far above and beyond anything Syfy can do.

Favorite scene:
The laser gloves! Freaking wow!

The characters are larger than life but hey, it is based on a comic book.
You should check it out.

My First Watch Rating: 8 out of 10 Bullets!

tizl

Ensign
My wife and I just watched this tonight, and it was pretty good. It was deliberately over the top in many senses, which my wife loved. She is a fan of movies like this, and Kill Bill, while I prefer something slightly more grounded in reality like John Wick.

Yes, the laser glove scene was the coolest part, and I was waiting for it all movie! I also actually liked how it ended, though I won't spoil it. I also loved the scene where he volunteers to teach school kids about his "experiences" in other countries.

I'm not a huge fan of a lot of gore and blood, so I could have done without that, but I get why it's in there. But I love Mads Mikkelson.

I would give it a 7 out of 10, worth watching, but probably not something I'd watch again.

Reactions: Tom
Top Bottom