Politics General

thank you for agreeing that is what i believe--and about ur last sentance france has the highest rate of cerosis of the liver because of it

Shhhhhhh!! Thats the french's secret to get themselves out of dealing with war (sorry for offending any1)

But wait we can't just go flating the whole Asian contenit (he he I told ya I can't spell) I mean seriously if Iraq has the weapons we think they, have this could be a really dangerous war. Plus I have many friends in the Marines and I don't want them to go to War (sorry just personel involvement) Also all of this just boils down to Oil which we (america) don't even need thats just some more food for thought.

~KM :angelic:

i partially agree but we should go to war i believe (and one new york senator wanted a draft so if the people who decided if we go to war congress had kids in the military they would think twice before voting to go to war)(in congress only two of three people had kids in the military)

New slogan for national politics: 'It's the oil, stupid'
August 25, 2002

Editor, the News-Sentinel:

In his column of Aug. 16, Don Williams again shows himself to be an exceptional writer who is able to see the bigger picture that escapes so many of us. It is far past time that each and every one of us gave some thought to what is going on in Washington and within the confines of our foreign policy - and to think about the real reasons we stand on the brink of yet another war.

If I may paraphrase the internal slogan adopted by the first Clinton presidential campaign, "It's the oil, stupid!" In reading the news of what is about to occur, I find that, if I repeat this phrase to myself, things take on a new clarity.

It's the oil that has us so economically addicted that we are in the role of junkies who go down to the corner and buy what we feel we must have. This street corner entrepreneur gets his supply from a chain of middlemen that ultimately links to big oil, the suppliers (pushers) who control the flow of the dangerous substance.

It's the oil that led the Soviets to invade Afghanistan in the late '70s. And it was the oil that prompted the United States to foster and train the poisonous offshoot of Islam that produced the jihad that drove out the invaders. One component was the CIA-supported Osama bin Laden's al-Qaida which, like Frankenstein's monster, eventually turned on its creator and began blowing up U.S. embassies and similar targets.

It was the oil that led the powerful to look the other way when the Islamist Taliban imposed its brutal rule. Like the Soviets, companies like Unocal saw that the way to get to the vast oil fields of central Asia was by means of a pipeline route across Afghanistan. And the savage Taliban seemed able to bring stability to the region.

And, when the devout Taliban refused to take big oil's money, it was oil that prompted the U.S. to begin, according to The Washington Post in December of 2000, planning to take the country by force.

And it was oil that made the politicians look the other way as rich Saudis funneled money to the terrorists. And it was oil that made them avert their eyes as our other ally, Pakistan, did the same.

It is oil that leads the United States to support the brutal tactics of Israel's Ariel Sharon because the powerful need a stable platform in the region from which to operate and a surrogate to do their bidding.

As a result, our tax dollars flow to Israel at the rate of $10 million each day. In the last 30 years, we have spent on Israel four times what we spent to get to the moon.

Of every dollar of foreign aid, 80 cents goes to pay for the tanks and planes of Israel. And Forbes magazine lists Israeli lobbyists as the fourth most powerful special interest group in our Congress. It's the oil.

And, finally, when the day comes that you and a loved one exchange that last fleeting glimpse before one of you boards a plane to join a war on Iraq, the owner of the fifth largest oil supply on the planet, remember that it is not the flag that has separated you, not freedom nor the Constitution. It's the oil.

Harold Everett

Friendsville

KnoxNews
URL: http://www.knoxnews.com/kns/letters_to_edi...1344752,00.html
Copyright 2002, KnoxNews. All Rights Reserved.
<span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>
im not sure on all the facts of this guy but whatever (especially israel and i dont want to believe that part is true)
</span>

Thnx spygirl I am happy you like it here! I used to HATE Bus, but i think we need to go to war or just Neuc Iraq! The only delimma is that it would affect Israelwith i don't want! :smiley:

good i agree that is y they wont--i started the original thread spygirl until the servercrashed, but someone started it again for me

he he Ok I totally agree, I don't want Israel in our stupid problems that can be so resolved!

I sitll don't understand why Bush is so bad I mean do yall think Gore would have done Better?

Well I really like this thread its a good subject to talk about!

Plus I think it gets Teens and ppl more involved with the world and whats happening around them

exactly i agree on the thread--i just dislike bush for reasons i have already said, and i dont know if gore would have done better

Some of the most popular Bushisms, according to yourDictionary.com are:
Misunderestimate: To seriously underestimate.
Embetter: To make emotionally better; the opposite of embitter.
Resignate: As in "They said this issue wouldn't resignate with the people."
Foreign-handed: As in "I have a foreign-handed foreign policy."
"There are already 11,000 instances of 'misunderestimate' on the Web. The more people use words, whether jocularly or seriously, the more likely they are to enter the language and last for generations," Paul J.J. Payack, chairman of yourDictionary.com, told Reuters. "Our lists attempt to capture those...innovations in word choice and usage that tell us something about ourselves."

I don't know if ya can tell but I am very Republican , I just don't like Gore at all I think he has an enlarged ego the siz of the USA and he thinks he can fool every1 that he would have been better but really when he would be face with these problems he would be hiding under the oval office desk to get rid of the questions of what to do!

i agree i dont like gore but i really didnt like how people voted for him cuz of leiberman (poor sucker was riding of of liebermans coat tails)

LoL!! My thoughts exactly!! So really the American ppl (actually us Floridans who vote in Bush) were smart they got Bush and not that loser Gore

Also I think it was kinda meant to be for Bush because he is more I don't know experience with the military for the trials the American ppl are going through right now.

he he sorry guys I know Florida can't vote...I heard it too much already!

i have a song called blame florida it is really funny i will email it to u if u wnat just tell me ur email, and my grandparents live in boynton beach how funny-i think my grandma screwed it up cuz she is kind of screwed up

I don't really know where I stand on the war with Iraq. For one thing, I'd rather us attack them then vice versa, but I don't want to see so many people die all over again. There has been way too much death for me lately.

I think we should grind Iraq into a million pieces!! Anyway here are my views.

Very, very conservative.
I think that Bush is one of the best president's we've ever had!
republican.

~Sarah

Not all Iraqi are bad. it reminds me of a shirt I saw at a rock concert thesaturday after september 11th. on the front it said f*** terrorists. on the back it said kil them all and letgod sort them out.

Back