Poll about Irina's character

Should Lena Olin be replaced to save the plot line given that JJ has done every thing he could to ge

• Yes she should be replace & yes I'm angry/disapointed

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No she shouldn't be replaced & no I'm not angry/disapointed

• Yes she should be replaced & no I'm not angry/disapointed

• No she shouldn't be replaced but yes I am angry/disapointed

• Total voters
:thinking: I just wanted to get a feel for for your prospective. Personally for me, although I love having her on the show, I think she's an awesome actress etc. I think the plot/story lines are suffering and it would just be best to replace her at this point considering everyone has done everything they could to bring her back. Or they should kill spymommy off or something if they can get her to come back for a couple of episodes. I just wish the issue would be resolved some way that is better than the IMing thing. Thanks for your thoughts in advance! :smiley:

ok im so mad at the fact that Lena has not returned to Alias but if they were to replace her with another actress it would be SO SAD - i mean lena is perfect PERFECT for that part so it would just be sad and horrble if she was replaced... but i am very angry that she is not comming back :( :angry:

Lena Olin was the perfect person for that role...I would rather have the character killed before I see someone replace her. No one could ever do justice to that character...Lena is the only one who can do it.

*crosses fingers* I hope she comes back....

ALiAs_AgEnT_423 said:
Lena Olin was the perfect person for that role...I would rather have the character killed before I see someone replace her. No one could ever do justice to that character...Lena is the only one who can do it.

*crosses fingers* I hope she comes back....
Couldn't have said it better!

No one could ever replace Lena as Irina--no one! I am angry that she won't come back but I'd rather not see any Irina than have some other than Lena Olin playing her.

I voted for Yes and Yes...

And although mostly I feel disappointed, I have to admit sometimes I feel kinda angry... Honestly, her role is so important and she must watch the show (there's no way she DOESN'T, it would be ridiculous if she didn't watch). And she should admit that the absence of Sydney's mother doesn't help the show at all - heck, it probably hurts the show. So sometimes I feel like... "screw her, if she thinks she's too good for Alias then I don't want her to come back."

But that's only how I feel sometimes.

Lena... COME BACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hope Mia Maestro does a good job as Syd's sister (by now this is not a spoiler, right?)

GREAT POLL BTW!

I don't think she should be replaced, but since she is still so big a part of the story, then I would be a little disappointed if she doesn't show up again.

Discord said:
I don't think she should be replaced, but since she is still so big a part of the story, then I would be a little disappointed if she doesn't show up again.
true ... if the story continues as its going ... she should at least be part of some episodes ... at least to tell Syd the truth about her sister and why she did what she did ...

Replace her ... nah ... never ... Lena is Irina ... (y)

I also think JJ made a mistake by not making sure that such an important character wasn't signed to a long-term contract like Jen, Vartan, Rifkin and Garber.

No, she shouldn't be replaced, and no, I'm not angry and disappointed. Well, I'm disappointed that Lena/Irina is not on the show, but I'm not angry at Lena - I'm sure her reasons are probably valid.

The only thing that could POSSIBLY work is if it turns out that Katya is really Irina with plastic surgery...and even that would be a little hard to swallow. I'd rather never see Irina again rather than have her replaced by another actress. Lena is SpyMommy.

The only thing that could POSSIBLY work is if it turns out that Katya is really Irina with plastic surgery...and even that would be a little hard to swallow.

pls. don't let them do that ... Lena is Irina ... and nobody else ... should take her place ... ;)

What I understood by replaced is that her presence should be replaced by someone else, for example, Sydney's half-sister Nadia... but not that her character should be replaced with another actress - that would be ridiculous and it would kill the show and I'm sure it's never even crossed JJ's mind.

So there...

i voted no and no. i still have hope for next season.

btw, there's a smiliar poll in the Cast discussion thread.. :smiley:

Alias_Gay said:
Nadia, I think is a whole lot different and complex character ... and Irina is Irina ... ;)
yah i agree..but i mean, they can bring in other characters to try andfill in the story without her, but eventually irina is gonna have to fill some stuff in for herself!

Back