Poll about Irina's character

Should Lena Olin be replaced to save the plot line given that JJ has done every thing he could to ge

• Yes she should be replace & yes I'm angry/disapointed

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No she shouldn't be replaced & no I'm not angry/disapointed

• Yes she should be replaced & no I'm not angry/disapointed

• No she shouldn't be replaced but yes I am angry/disapointed

• Total voters
Okay, noone could play Syd's mum better than Lena Olin, so there should definitely not be a replacement actress. and i don't know if i'm angry (i haven't made up my mind yet) but i'm definitely disappointed. this season, though i love it would have been soo much better with her in it......you know what, screw it i am angry. we, the fans of alias, have revived her career and this is how we are repaid? by her not even coming back for 1 episode. have decided that that is very rude of her. I have been in denial, but now i feel betrayed. (n) (n)

If she doesnt want to come back to the show, I feel that she at least has an obligation to allow her character to be killed or written off properly in the script. Thats what has me so upset, is that she wont even come back to do one episode to put an end to all the questions of where is Irina.

Lena could NEVER be replaced. Another actress just wouldn't do the character, Irina, justice. I am a bit disappointed she wasn't here this season however.

agent47 said:
If she doesnt want to come back to the show, I feel that she at least has an obligation to allow her character to be killed or written off properly in the script. Thats what has me so upset, is that she wont even come back to do one episode to put an end to all the questions of where is Irina.
EXACTLY ... (y)

I think they should recast her. I know everyone is booing and hissing at me :( but I like Irina, and even though Lena played her very well, Irina still needs to be on the show. I hope next season Irina is still with the Alias family and another actor has filled the role. I guess I don't care really about Lena, if she doesn't want to be on the show, fine. But they can't kill off Irina, she is a big part of the show especially now with the relevation of another daughter and she needs to come back.

So get rid of Lena, bring back Irina and get on with the story.

Lena is the perfect Irina. NO ONE else can do justice to her character , even though in season 1 they had a different actress play Irina (the woman who was on the KGB video
footage that Syd and Jack was watching in Masquerade or Snowman). I don't think they should re-cast her character, and yes I am very much disappointed that she's not coming back this season.

ocnbrez said:
I think they should recast her. I know everyone is booing and hissing at me :( but I like Irina, and even though Lena played her very well, Irina still needs to be on the show. I hope next season Irina is still with the Alias family and another actor has filled the role. I guess I don't care really about Lena, if she doesn't want to be on the show, fine. But they can't kill off Irina, she is a big part of the show especially now with the relevation of another daughter and she needs to come back.

I suppose I will be roundly bashed about the head and shoulders for writing this (especially because of my contribution to this site), but I personally would be open to recasting (even though I realize how outstanding Ms Olin was and how unlikely it would be that they would be able to find an actress who could approach her skill in the role). However, that said, it looks very plain that the majority of fans are not. That is a huge problem. No matter how good an actress is in a role and how well it is written, if the fans simply will not accept the actress in the role, they will be so distracted and angry that they won't accept or enter into the story, no matter how good it is. So the writers are forced to find some other way around the problem. It is sad but true. :(

Look at what has happened with Lauren. A lot of the fans simply refused to accept the character. I think they may have had to significantly adjust what they wanted to do with her because of this.

So I'm left in the unfortunate position of the Monday morning quarterback, reflecting that they would have done well to consider the necessity of selecting an actress with an appreciation of television work and a sense of duty to fans and colleagues before signing a single-year deal. 🇳🇴
✌️

It breaks my heart that Irina's character is falling out of the show but i don't think anyone else could ever get the depth of character from Irina than Lena Olin...it would be kinda pointless.....maybe she'll come back for season 4?

Melissa ^_^

QUOTE (ocnbrez @ Apr 23 2004, 02:43 AM)
I think they should recast her. I know everyone is booing and hissing at me  but I like Irina, and even though Lena played her very well, Irina still needs to be on the show. I hope next season Irina is still with the Alias family and another actor has filled the role. I guess I don't care really about Lena, if she doesn't want to be on the show, fine. But they can't kill off Irina, she is a big part of the show especially now with the relevation of another daughter and she needs to come back.

I suppose I will be roundly bashed about the head and shoulders for writing this (especially because of my contribution to this site), but I personally would be open to recasting (even though I realize how outstanding Ms Olin was and how unlikely it would be that they would be able to find an actress who could approach her skill in the role). However, that said, it looks very plain that the majority of fans are not. That is a huge problem. No matter how good an actress is in a role and how well it is written, if the fans simply will not accept the actress in the role, they will be so distracted and angry that they won't accept or enter into the story, no matter how good it is. So the writers are forced to find some other way around the problem. It is sad but true. 

Look at what has happened with Lauren. A lot of the fans simply refused to accept the character. I think they may have had to significantly adjust what they wanted to do with her because of this.

So I'm left in the unfortunate position of the Monday morning quarterback, reflecting that they would have done well to consider the necessity of selecting an actress with an appreciation of television work and a sense of duty to fans and colleagues before signing a single-year deal.

Thanks for all your replys guys! I agree with the above, that if they replaced her that people would probably be turned off from it but, I still think it needs to be addressed then. Replace her, kill her off, or get her back (hopefully it will be getting her back!). It just needs to be resolved some how.

If they replaced her I would worry that what happend to Melissa George would happen to the person that replaced Lena. But now that Lauren has been revealed as "whoren evil spy" I'm open to her playing an evil spy and letting Vaugh kick the s&%t out of her. :P

No one can take Lena's place! It's nice to have a Swede in a big American TV-show! Go Sweden! Lena is the best!

They can't just replace her with another person, but on the other hand I think that they can't just leave it like this, so I really hope she comes back to the show, at least for one episode, so they can have her killed or arrested or something like that..

So, they can't cast anyone else, and it's almost impossible to get her on the show. So if they can get her on the show, they might have to kill her off. :sadangel: Say they do this. I set up a poll asking who should kill her.
:confused: ✌️

lena has to come back, that's a fact. she should think of us fans!!! that's right, lena is irina and no one could ever replace her!!! (n) :banghead:
does anyone know how the "bring lena back"-campaign went?
pii

I think a replacement would ruin the show. It never works to replace such a major character. I wish she would just get over what ever it is that is holding her back and do the show!

MargoSark said:
I think a replacement would ruin the show. It never works to replace such a major character. I wish she would just get over what ever it is that is holding her back and do the show!
[post="1089091"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

yes yes yes i totally agree!!!

Back