Poll: Lena Olin or nobody?

If Lena Olin refuses to return, would you rather have another another actress play the part or have

• Another actress, At least we would know what happens.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Just leave it, There just can't be another Irina.

Votes: 1 100.0%

• Total voters
Even I am unsure. I really want to the story line to continue. Irina is Syd's mom and needs to at least have that story line ended.

This is my First Poll Yah!!!!

I know I am mean I didn't leave a none of the above option for those who refuse to believe that Lena is not coming back. Just think of this as a last resort poll. I donated to the Bring Back Lena campaign myself. :D
Let me know what you think!!!!!!!

As much as I want to see Syd's mom again, Lena Olin owns the role; I think I would stop watching if anybody else tried to play it. I'd rather hear about Irina second-hand and just imagine what's going on than see somebody else portray her.

And from what I've heard, Lena Olin only declined to come back for this season, didn't she? It's only the 3rd season, hopefully the show still has a few years left in it. If JJ Abrams is pushy enough, she might come back in the 4th or 5th season. Maybe we should start sending her a lot of "please come back" letters?

On a show as serious and elegant as Alias, a recast would be ridiculous. I love the casting of Isabella Rosselini, but even she can't replace Lena Olin. A recast would be way to daytime tvish. For now, I'm okay with them keeping her involved in the story even if she's not on the screen (like they did in S1). More Jack/Irina IM-ing PLEASE!

Plus, I really feel like they'll get Lena back at some point - Lena Takes Time!

ha! I am the only one to say "recast"!

Let me say that I absolutely LOVE Lena and it would be near-impossible to replace her.

But as far as the storyline goes, I don't think I'm content to watch Jack IM'ing her. I want to know what happens to Irina! I LOVE the Irina storyline.

I do, however, love Azaela's idea, that Lena just said no to this season. That cheered me!

Well, I firmly believe that Lena will eventually come back, if not this season then perhaps the next, I heard the same thing Azalea did, that she just declined this season. But. if for some strange reason she does not come back (which won't happen) then I don't want Irina recast. You just can't replace Lena.

Just leave it, There just can't be another Irina.

i love irina, but only lena can do it.

they will have to *deep breath* kill her off :( but it must be done

We can never kill her off. I would rather that they elude to her than kill her. I agree that the PM's between her and Jack were better than nothing.
I agree that nobody can ever play Irina like Lena did.

Lena...the one and only! It would be hard to replace a character that so many people became quite attached to...but, I dunno...this is Alias...I suppose they could say she was genetically altered or something! lol

What Azalea, Drama_Queen and you guys said. I'd rather see the character getting killed than to see another actress playing her. I honestly highly doubt they'd ever kill her off so they'll just have to continue her storyline through her sis til Lena comes back again. Lena herself was the one who said at the Emmys that Irina's storyline wasn't finished so I'm pretty sure that her decision not to come back does not go beyond season 3. If we're lucky enough, we could have her back by the finale, but it all depends on the shooting of her new film (which begins in March).

But as far as the storyline goes, I don't think I'm content to watch Jack IM'ing her.
That's why Isabella Rossellini is joining the cast. The producers haven't given up on her. I don't see why we should.

I would love to have Lena back-- but I much rather the story progress and Lena's character is intergral to story. Hopefully, Lena will finally realize that she had a good thing and come back-- if not, cast the original Irina again (wasn't she played by a crew member in S1?) Well, I hope all ends well...cause I do agree it would majorly suck if Irina was recasted.

Rossellini isn't "joining the cast," as far as I've heard. She's just guesting. (And I'm slightly ambivalent about it--as much as I like the actress--because it seems pretty obvious that she's sort of a stand in for an Irina ep.)

But as far as Olin is concerned, I'm just sick of following this whole thing. I wish that she had returned because she's left everthing in a nearly impossible position. But whatever. I'm not going to rend my clothes and gnash my teeth. Let her go. I have confidence in the writers, and I'll stack the combined imagination of a group of talented writers against a difficult situation any day.
-_-

I am strongly against replacing her with someone else, to me no one can replace Lena Olin. I'd love to know what kind of contact Irina had with Syd and Jack during those 2 years but if it's not LO I'm not interested. I'd rather see more IMs so we atleast maybe find out that way we'll feel like were getting her in some way.

Back