Poll: Lena Olin or nobody?

If Lena Olin refuses to return, would you rather have another another actress play the part or have

• Another actress, At least we would know what happens.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Just leave it, There just can't be another Irina.

Votes: 1 100.0%

• Total voters
I think they should replace her... this way we can know what happens and expand the story line better. A good replacement would be someone from a drama show because I don't know HAHA.
Melissa

Although I REALLY want to know what happens and really think that the role of Irina should come back, I don't think that they could ever replace Lena and make it work. It just wouldn't be right in my opinion.

Lena is Irina, that's it.

No recast, this is not The Young and the Restless here (or whatever)

And Alias is not finished, many seasons to come, many ooportunities for Lena to come back...

And if she doesn't, i think i prefer the character dead than any recast

Let's face it, the Irina Derevko story line has a huge hole in it that must be patched. They started the Irina story knowing that they could loose Lena eventually, now they must finish it. Unless JJ can come up with a creative way to end it without ever showing Irina again and in a way that won't seem like a huge cop-out. . . well, (I can't believe what I am about to say) . . . bring in a new actress. I know it will never be the same without Lena (she made the character), but out of necessity - I'd bare with a new actress. That is, as long as they don't integrate her in a major fashion - and simply closed that story line in one or two episodes.

[quote name='She'sgood' date='Jan 4 2004, 08:07 PM']I want her back!!! My friends want her back because they are getting annoyed with me flipping out every day of the week!!![/quote]
Write to Ms Olin . . .
:smiley:

There is no way to re-cast Irina and it be the same as if Lena was playing that part. They need to either get Lena to come back or leave the story line as is.

It wouldn't be Irina without Lena. I wouldn't want her to be recast. If they really felt they HAD to close up that story, and not just have Irina wandering the world as a fugitive, then I would rather them just say she died. That way, since it's Alias, and people come back all of the time, we would be left wondering forever if she was really dead or if she faked it again. And, it would leave it open for LO's return in the future.

realistically they can't leave the spyfamily triangle thing wide open,it's like the best storyline and very central to sydney's life.....I would hate it to be recast,and it would be too daytimish,but we need an Irina.

It would probably be a last resort though if she isn't back by seson4/5.

there is no way on god's green earth that anyone would be able to portray irina AND please fans the way that lena did. it would not work with anyone else. LENA RULES!!!! ✌️

i have mixed feelings about this. i LOVE Lena Olin, i'm a huge fan and i will support her no matter what she decides. but i'm also crazy about Irina and i would hate to see the character killed off.

i think the problem with re-casting is that for 3 years now the only image we have of Irina is the one Lena gave us. any other actress who would take her place, no matter how talented she is, will have a hard time competing with that. Lena played the role so well, you'd think it was written for her. so anyone who is gonna replace her is just not gonna be as good. which is why i'm totally against re-casting, in addition to the fact that i still hope Lena will come back next season.

i know that a lot of us are missing Irina and that IMing is just not the same but at least when they mention her on the show or when Jack contacts her, we instantly see Lena in our mind's eye. so in the end, if there is absolutely NO WAY Lena will EVER come back to Alias, then i'd rather see the character killed off instead of recast.

Back