Pomegranate City-- my first novel

Hello. I've been working on my first novel for about a year now and am quite excited about it. I thus far have no title, but I have many thousands of words written; as a matter of fact, I'm hoping to have it done by the end of the summer. The novel is based on one important premise: Earth was created by another sentient species. That said, the majority of the novel does not take place on Earth, but in a variety of other locations.

Here is a sort of synopsis:
The planet Sagitta (Earth's parent) is run by Pomegranate City where a planet building organization controls the traffic to and from other planets by way of Doors, which when stepped through, transport the individual immediately to another location.

Quin, the main character, and a military official working for the Committee, has been sent on a mission to find his father, a long time member of the committee, who has created a planet illegally and run to hide from the authorities. Unfortunately, the newly created planet is unstable, so with the help of John, a young brillinant physicist, Quin has to step through an unknown Door to an unknown planet both to find his father and prevent the planet from imploding.

Because I have a lot of free time, I also built a website to help me flesh out my world and have a fuller understanding of where I am and what I'm doing, as well as hopefully have some consistency in my book. If you're interested, you can go here: www.pomegranatecity.com

Let me know what you think! I am very excited about this.

Back