Poor Sloane!

No I'm not some dillusional person who believes that Sloaen's actually reformed. But I can't help but feel bad for our fav villain. I mean, come on...in his messed up mind Jack's his best bud. And his only 'true friend' was about to kill him!
Sloane's been coming to Syd and Jack's rescue all season and this is how his kindness his rewarded?!?
Of course the cynic in me believes that his altrusitic gestures must have some more menacing motives behind them, but there is a part of me that just wants to give the poor guy a pat on the back and say, 'hang in there'.
Is that wrong?

I'm sorry, but how can you feel bad for him!! NO NO NO!! He deserves having Jack turn on him, Sloane recruited Sydney behind Sloane's back, you reap what you sow!! I just can't feel bad for him.

I'm sorry, but how can you feel bad for him!! NO NO NO!! He deserves having Jack turn on him, Sloane recruited Sydney behind Sloane's back, you reap what you sow!! I just can't feel bad for him.
Yeah, I see what you're saying. But remember how everyone was like, 'oh now that Irina explained that she did what she did to help Syd they should be one big happy family'? And other people (myself included) are willing to forgive hot Sark if someone gives us any sort of reason that explains his past actions.
So if people are wiling to forgive awesome Irina and hot Sark, why not Rambaldi-obssessed Sloane?
Maybe he has a more noble excuse for everything he has done thus far? The genuis of this show is how none of the characters are one-dimensional. So the good characters (like, oh i don't know, JACk) are not always angels. And the bad characters (like IRINA) are not always the devil incarnate.
So I'm going to just go on and feel bad for crazy Sloane, even though he created the hell in which he is now a permanent resident. Sure he was lucky enough to manoeuver a pardon out of the CIA (by some miracle) and he gets a comfy job in Zurich, but the man has no family and his 'friends' might kill him at any moment. I say someone needs to give the man a hug.

filleinconnue said:
Yeah, I see what you're saying. But remember how everyone was like, 'oh now that Irina explained that she did what she did to help Syd they should be one big happy family'? And other people (myself included) are willing to forgive hot Sark if someone gives us any sort of reason that explains his past actions.
So if people are wiling to forgive awesome Irina and hot Sark, why not Rambaldi-obssessed Sloane?
Maybe he has a more noble excuse for everything he has done thus far? The genuis of this show is how none of the characters are one-dimensional. So the good characters (like, oh i don't know, JACk) are not always angels. And the bad characters (like IRINA) are not always the devil incarnate.
So I'm going to just go on and feel bad for crazy Sloane, even though he created the hell in which he is now a permanent resident. Sure he was lucky enough to manoeuver a pardon out of the CIA (by some miracle) and he gets a comfy job in Zurich, but the man has no family and his 'friends' might kill him at any moment. I say someone needs to give the man a hug.
Well put. Somebody does need to give Sloane a hug.

Well I've just come away from a marathon sesh of watching all of Season 3, and even with all he's done, I also can't help having sympathy for the man. He's obsessed, his morals are skewed, but he is clearly deeply troubled and conflicted! If only those big old meanies, Jack & Sydney, gave him a chance... :(

Back